Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/04/2009 7:44am

Style: Hapkido, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanzee View Post
    Mr. Tripp is a prime example. (My search-fu is weak. Can someone please link that Mtripp Credentials article?) Anything less would be seen as highly suspicious.
    A link to that thread has already been posted in this thread. Mr. DeRenzo appears to be immune to its message.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/04/2009 9:11am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    6/04/2009 9:32am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why they would be interested is beyond me.....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/04/2009 9:59am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtripp View Post
    Why they would be interested is beyond me.....
    Humanzee asked and I think if Sten (whoever he really is) sees it again maybe he'll smarten up and actually click on the link but I doubt it.

I still have not found anything on a Gregor Gogovitch yet.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/04/2009 10:23am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanzee View Post
    However, I signed up for Bullshido specifically because I view it as the Consumer Report of the MA world. They have done VERY professionally conducted and conclulsive investigations in the past.
    Let's address this point.
    Have we had problems? Yes.
    Have we made changes? Yes.
    Have we monitored MABS much harder? Yes?

All before this guy ever joined.

Personally, I have no problem with an expose. I don't care that he tried to "out" bullshido. My problem is with being a dishonest liar when attempting your "expose." If he bothered to read the rules or any succesful MABS thread he would see that investigation take months sometimes years. The current front page article, concerning Kujawski and Miletich, was started in 2007. It is now midway through 2009 and the final article has JUST BEEN PUBLISHED.

It is rare that an investigation is short. Usually, when it is short the guy is legit.

No contact? This is an opinion based website. As with Uncle Skippy, we let posters contribute to the thread. He confirmed Howard Popkin's identity. As a moderator, I followed up as it just became serious.

Sten said "I emailed him here is information." Well, that is non-serious contact. If we had gotten to the point where Kinaton had found the pay for play certificate, I would have contacted Doug Derenzo.

Now, go back and look at my posts. You all know how I can be. Notice How I said it wasn't MABS material? Notice how I didn't comment on the video? Notice how I only commented on the merging? Notice how I commented on the thread and noobs posting not the art? If you pay attention to the early twists and turns of the thread, you will see where he steers this in a false manner.

I didn't comment because, I thought sten was a troll or a sockpuppet right here:

I didn't mean to start a war here, I just wanted some info. I am going to check it out myself. I will let you know. How anyone here that hasn't been to this guys class can comment or speculate is beyond me. I take only Zen Minds comments right now until I see it myself. As to the lineage issue, what lineage do the so called Mixed Martial Arts have. A mix of BJJ( not great for fighting more than one person),boxing or whatnot. I think MMA is great to watch and the fighters may train hard and be tough guys, but I am looking for a more complete ART. I will report back. Sten

I did learn something from this thread. I will out people immediately from now on. If I turn out to be wrong, I can always apologize later. These are key phrases used by many deluded TMAers.

He tried to be slick and we made his teeth click.

For you newbies do you guys remember what happened when we questioned credentials about 2 years ago?
    Last edited by It is Fake; 6/04/2009 2:16pm at .

Welterweight

Posted On:
    6/04/2009 11:58am

supporting member
     Style: running scared

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    For you newbies do you guys remember what happened when we questioned credentials about 2 years ago?
    No I do not. Could you enlighten me or provide a link?

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    6/04/2009 12:06pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BJJ has a confirmed, traceable lineage that stretches back for centuries, how's them eggs for you sten?

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/04/2009 2:17pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoonDog View Post
    No I do not. Could you enlighten me or provide a link?
    Sensei Al Martin. Remember that thread? People show up just to be trolled. So, this guy is full of himself.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    6/04/2009 2:36pm

supporting member
     Style: running scared

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Sensei Al Martin. Remember that thread? People show up just to be trolled. So, this guy is full of himself.
    Ahhh. I got you now. Understood perfectly. Memory is a little shot these days

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/04/2009 2:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, lets get something straight here.... There are traditional guys who can fight and some who can't.

There are modern guys who can fight, and some who can't.

That has nothing to do with this.

I think if someone trains properly in almost( I said) almost any fighting system, they will acquire certain skills....balance, strength, speed, etc, just to name few.

Even if someone studies a garage based system, they should be able to say honestly that they study a garage based system. If memory serves me correctly, Rorion and Royce started in their garage, right ?

Bottom line is that this entire thread was misleading. I have honestly had people who know me from around the country ask me "who is Doug DeRenzo?" just this week. Really !

Maybe he was looking for publicity ? Maybe he was looking to mess with Bullshido, I don't know.

What I do know is that a guy who came into my dojo once is using me as a reference for his system, which I have never seen and can't tell anyone with whom he studied.

The rest of the thread here I don't understand... - (see tangent with guns and vests)

Doug, if you are reading this.......bad move. Its too small a world to piss off people for no reason.

Howard Popkin