228071 Bullies, 4623 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 201 to 210 of 551
Page 21 of 56 FirstFirst ... 111718192021 2223242531 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,012

    Posted On:
    6/03/2009 3:50pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sten View Post
    No. Question for you. If you were buying a bullet proof vest for use, would you ask someone over the internet,whose identity is unknown to you, may be false, could be a kid posing as an adult or an adult posing as something he is not ,and take that persons word for it? I would not. If you are,as you say , trusting your life to something ,best to see with your own eyes. If you watch a teacher or his students perform and you cannot tell if the fighting they do is effective , get away from fighting, you are not cut out for it. To guage the effectiveness of an art, join it, get the techniques performed on you and then decide. I trust my eyes, not the comments of Zapperman from Peoria or KillerJoe from Buffalo(made up names here, don't worry). If the site was comprised of professionals MA staff looking at all aspects of the school in question, I might listen , but still not without seeing for myself. people say anything over a keyboard, just to say it,who knows their reasons,. I feel that this type of info. can't be trusted. As a rough guideline perhaps, but the be all end all declaration of "Bullshido" should be left for the individual, and teachers should not have to go about waving their diplomas around at the whim of anyone. If you went to work for a large corporation, you wouldn't ask the CEO to present his credentials, he got there for a reason, if he doesn't live up to your expectations, leave. it's not your job to question him.
    Seriously? Quit playing with straw.
  2. sten is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    94

    Posted On:
    6/03/2009 3:54pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jujitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    Mr. DeRenzo, verification of lineage, certifications, etc... is only one step in an investigation. As I said before we always recommend visiting the school in question before making a decision. HOWEVER once we have a body of information about a school and an instructor we, as a group, can make some informed inferences about the quality of the instruction available. It may not always be 100% accurate, but we have a fair degree of success discerning schools which can teach you to fight from schools that can't.
    what about those schools that fall outside of your "fair degree of success" margin? Casualities of war?
  3. danniboi07 is offline
    danniboi07's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    626, California
    Posts
    1,250

    Posted On:
    6/03/2009 4:00pm


     Style: Judo, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sten View Post
    what about those schools that fall outside of your "fair degree of success" margin? Casualities of war?
    Care to list some?

    Once again, I quote

    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Let us know when you can act like an adult and provide proof.

    Cite the web searches.
    Cite the victims.
    Cite where we repeatedly don't visit schools.
    Cite where your "new"suggestion weren't implemented until, after you posted.
    "The pedant is he who finds it impossible to read criticism of himself without immediately reaching for his pen and replying to the effect that the accusation is a gross insult to his person. He is, in effect, a man unable to laugh at himself."Sigmund Freud, The Ego and the Id.

  4. sten is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    94

    Posted On:
    6/03/2009 4:04pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jujitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Creativo that was good point.

    There is only one small error.

    He was never a blip. This site is closing in on a decade of existence and his school NEVER CAME UP. Let me repeat this fact.

    HIS SCHOOL NEVER CAME UP IN DISCUSSION.

    Why is it here now?

    He decided to out bullshido.

    Hold on..








    This is how you and your student were treated. Quit lying and own up to your culpability.





    Oh wow the guy that was contemplating going decided not to because, your student acted like an ass.

    That's your fault.

    People pass judgment all of the time. You've done that yourself by, agreeing with Martial Talk and not researching that website owner to the degree you did Phrost.

    That makes you a hypocrite.

    If you did actually research the martialist, you would see that you are supporting a website site-owner, that has less verifiable training than Phrost. This guy went out and suddenly created an art and wrote a book about said art.

    That's the victim you support?

    Wow sad.
    I mentioned the phrost interview to prove my point. I cannot tell phrosts skill level from that interview or his own words anymore than you can discern a teachers/schools based on some video,website,postings or opinion. THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT OF STARTING THIS POST.I am not a blip on the radar by my own choice. I don't care to join any organizations
    and put up with MApolitics, nor do I want a McDojo filled with kids. I teach because I enjoy my art and have a duty to pass it on. I take my blood oath seriously. I am sure that someone will drop in on a class and give their report. If not, no loss for me, but maybe all of this attention will get others to be more thoughtful before they hit those keys.
  5. sten is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    94

    Posted On:
    6/03/2009 4:06pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jujitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoonDog View Post
    I never said this about a new car. Your analogy fails. I mentioned infomercials on late night TV. A better car analogy would be me looking to buy a car. I research the cars I like and see that they are made by reputable companies with a history of car making. The cars follow standard designs and safety ratings. However, I go to a used car lot and a salesman tells me about this great car he has that I cannot pass up. I see the bumper falling off, rust throughout the car, and a puddle of dark liquid under the engine compartment. Do I really need to drive the car to tell it is crap? No. I can use common sense to tell I am being sold a lemon.



    Nobody is questioning the quality of the video, but the quality of the people on the video. I don't care if it was from a camera phone or if Lucasfilms made it. It would not change the fact the what was on the video is an example of your style that does not measure up. If you have a better example that demonstrates good skill and not silliness, put it up to defend yourself.



    Are your methods so different than what is already out there? That is a big claim in itself.
    unfortunately I lack the ability to video and post. If someone wants to volunteer, come ahead.
  6. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,012

    Posted On:
    6/03/2009 4:07pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sten View Post
    what about those schools that fall outside of your "fair degree of success" margin? Casualities of war?
    Casualties of war? This is MABS. Your thread was in newbie safe town. YOU MADE IT BECOME AN INVESTIGATION. Your lying caused you to be a interested party not a victim.

    Are you really this slow?


    You are not a victim.
    You are not a defender.

    See, that is what everyone has missed in this thread. You purposely tried to set bullshido up for failure. You purposely mixed real names with a false name to see what would happen.

    You didn't expect Popkin to show up and bust your fraud. That's the real reason you claimed this was an expose.

    You got caught and it scared you.

    Post the proof of the victims or get your vision corrected. You claim to trust your eyes but, as was evidenced by your backing of Phil Elmore, they can't be trusted.
  7. sten is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    94

    Posted On:
    6/03/2009 4:20pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jujitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    Mr. DeRenzo:
    The idea that it is possible for someone to learn any system well enough to replicate anf teach it solely through a couple of sparring video clips of 3-5 minute duration is hilarious.

    Also:
    To return to our Bullet proof vest analogy, I may not trust the word of a random stranger, but I would certainly think twice if I saw a proven Law Enforcement Officer saying that VestA is a total piece of crap compared to VestB. That would certainly make me inclined to demand a test of both vests before wearing one myself. And if the VestA company refused to allow a test because they were worried I might "steal their secret vest construction" then I certainly wouldn't trust their Vest to save my life.

    Using educated and informed sources to help you narrow down your choices is good sense. It's what people do when they themselves don't have access to complete information about a subject.
    When that subject is self defense, which is to say unarmed combat, then the best way to know if what someone is offering is legit is to see them in actual combat of some kind. Not choreographed, not staged, not under extremely restrictive rules. The reason you see an MMA bias here is because MMA is currently the best proving ground we have for whether someone can fight or not. If you art works, then it should work in the cage as well as the street and you should be happy to demonstrate it, or choose one of your students to do so.
    Don't use a cage into street analogy. I have been in more bar/street fights than most. In no way does a streetfight compare to ring match. The match up of weight,age ,training level and the lack of curbs,stairs, furniture,additional opponents,police etc etc etc .just doesn't compare.
    MMA fighters are individuals, as are TMA or streetfighters, some are highly skilled ,others less so. I do not accept your statement that the best way to prove an art today is in a cage.
    No, use it. That is the best way. Go out and stand up to a bully or defend an old person or innocent victim. That is the true test of a fighter and his art. Otherwise it is just sport and exercise, which is OK if that is what you want. I tell my students to use what they learn. stand up for themselves or someone else.
  8. Lu Tze is offline

    BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    W. Yorks, UK
    Posts
    5,018

    Posted On:
    6/03/2009 4:23pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sten View Post
    Don't use a cage into street analogy. I have been in more bar/street fights than most.
    Maybe you should look into anger management.
    Quote Originally Posted by sten View Post
    In no way does a streetfight compare to ring match. The match up of weight,age ,training level and the lack of curbs,stairs, furniture,additional opponents,police etc etc etc .just doesn't compare.
    BIG EDIT: I'd just like to add that most of these points are also utter rubbish.

    In a competitive match the weight, age and training level of the participants are usually even. In training they aren't. A combat sport practitioner will end up sparring opponents with a diverse range of body types and skill levels during the normal course of their training.

    I for instance, am the smallest regular attendee in my Judo class, so don't bullshit me that I don't know how to deal with bigger guys just because I do a sport, dealing with bigger guys is normal for me (sometimes I'm even successful).

    During our sparring there's also not enough room for everyone to have a huge amount of mat space, so we generally have a decent awareness of the space we're fighting in... Things like other people, the edges of the mats and obstacles (walls, doors etc) all figure into our training, not by design, but by necessity.
    Last edited by Lu Tze; 6/03/2009 4:53pm at .
  9. BoonDog is online now
    BoonDog's Avatar

    Welterweight

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    657

    Posted On:
    6/03/2009 4:34pm

    supporting member
     Style: running scared

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sten View Post
    unfortunately I lack the ability to video and post. If someone wants to volunteer, come ahead.
    Obviously one of your students does. Get that student to do it for you. You have ruined your reputation. Start trying to repair it.

    This is how I see the whole incident.

    1. You come on posing as someone else and ask questions about your school. This is done in Newbitown where you are safe and where you get advice .

    2. No one knew anything about your school and told you to dig

    3. You said you emailed the instructor (yourself) and named people.

    4. One of the people came on here and busted your lie.

    5. You are looking for justification now for being caught

    6. You are trying to smear Bullshido because you came on here and ruined your reputation and now realize it.

    6. You are evading even doing anything minimal to repair your reputation

    7. You want us to come to you to try and give you some justification or reputation, but have failed to give a reason why we should do this or even care.

    8.. You are using the same tired arguments as other frauds and still have not answered the questions posed by It is Fake and reposted by others.


    Do I need to go on or are you going to whine more about how bad we are because you got busted and cannot repair the damage you did to yourself.
  10. catfishaggie is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Tx
    Posts
    700

    Posted On:
    6/03/2009 6:12pm


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sten View Post
    I mentioned the phrost interview to prove my point. I cannot tell phrosts skill level from that interview or his own words anymore than you can discern a teachers/schools based on some video,website,postings or opinion. THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT OF STARTING THIS POST.I am not a blip on the radar by my own choice. I don't care to join any organizations
    and put up with MApolitics, nor do I want a McDojo filled with kids. I teach because I enjoy my art and have a duty to pass it on. I take my blood oath seriously. I am sure that someone will drop in on a class and give their report. If not, no loss for me, but maybe all of this attention will get others to be more thoughtful before they hit those keys.
    You have not proven any point and that is the problem. You still skate around the issue of you are, what you study and what qualifies you to teach.

    Organizations for all their faults do help provide a service by having a database of instructors. The org may be full of **** but you can find out who teaches it. As far as Phrost, invite him in here, if you don't know how there are plenty of forum leaders and admins willing to help you out.

    Blood oath? Really? Do you make your students give a blood oath. IMHO, I think you have been watching too many movies.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.