Posted On:
    6/03/2009 9:34am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Creativo that was good point.

There is only one small error.

He was never a blip. This site is closing in on a decade of existence and his school NEVER CAME UP. Let me repeat this fact.

HIS SCHOOL NEVER CAME UP IN DISCUSSION.

Why is it here now?

He decided to out bullshido.

Hold on..
    Haven't heard of it before man, but wow, that place looks absolutely ridiculous. "Sensei Doug" doesnt mention whom he trained under, where, etc. Both Jiu Jitsu and Ninjitsu have lineages that are easily traceable. Additionally, few people train in Sanda, so you should be able to "dig" a little further on that one as well. If you're set on studying here, I'd at least ask for some additional background info. Just my thoughts though . . .
    This guy is adverstising all over the place, even craigslist. A buddy of mine and I were thinking of checking him out for shits and giggles. I mean I won't knock someone for training people in their garage/basement where ever. The only mention he makes on his site of who may have trained him is in a caption to the picture of his "weapons master" Ronald Bryhan. Maybe someone can dig something up on him.
    It looks like a pretty small school, so it is unlikely anyone here knows anything specific about it. From the one video on their website, it looks pretty lousy, but that is just a video. You'll need to go there in person and check it out.

If he has diplomas on the wall please go and write down what he is ranked in, from what organization, by who. This is all we require. This information will allow us to make an informed decision. As to the paper tigers, that is why we care so much about who awarded an instructor his/her rank. if the instructor's instructor is legit and the grade is legit it's assumed the instructor is legit.
    This is how you and your student were treated. Quit lying and own up to your culpability.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogun Assasin
    As for myself I don't know if I'd bother joining a school where students call people out on the internet.
    Oh wow the guy that was contemplating going decided not to because, your student acted like an ass.

That's your fault.

People pass judgment all of the time. You've done that yourself by, agreeing with Martial Talk and not researching that website owner to the degree you did Phrost.

That makes you a hypocrite.

If you did actually research the martialist, you would see that you are supporting a website site-owner, that has less verifiable training than Phrost. This guy went out and suddenly created an art and wrote a book about said art.

That's the victim you support?

Wow sad.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 6/03/2009 10:31am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/03/2009 10:28am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is there anyone that is looking into Gregor Gorgovich, the person named by Sten as his instructor in the main art (form of Aikijiujitsu that is like ninjitsu) that he teaches?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/03/2009 11:23am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I still haven't found either person listed as a sensie with an organization but I will admit my google is weak and keep trying.

Could it be that this guy is a former student of Principio, it seems that other than the hunt, there is a familiarly to the that thread, but that can just be me.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    6/03/2009 12:36pm

supporting member
     Style: running scared

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sten View Post
    I guess if you were to buy a new car, you wouldn't test drive it, rather, you would just look at a commercial about it and, using your powers of insight, decide that the car in question was good or not.
    I never said this about a new car. Your analogy fails. I mentioned infomercials on late night TV. A better car analogy would be me looking to buy a car. I research the cars I like and see that they are made by reputable companies with a history of car making. The cars follow standard designs and safety ratings. However, I go to a used car lot and a salesman tells me about this great car he has that I cannot pass up. I see the bumper falling off, rust throughout the car, and a puddle of dark liquid under the engine compartment. Do I really need to drive the car to tell it is crap? No. I can use common sense to tell I am being sold a lemon.

Perhaps I should produce a phony .edited ,polished video that shows amazing stunts, would you approve then? As I have said, a student of mine filmed some classes and used an online free software program to put it together. Sorry if the quality is not up to Bullshido standards.
    Nobody is questioning the quality of the video, but the quality of the people on the video. I don't care if it was from a camera phone or if Lucasfilms made it. It would not change the fact the what was on the video is an example of your style that does not measure up. If you have a better example that demonstrates good skill and not silliness, put it up to defend yourself.

I don't wish to show over the internet, my arts methods so somebody can steal it for their own. The techniques remain known to those who study the art.
    Are your methods so different than what is already out there? That is a big claim in itself.

Posted On:
    6/03/2009 12:46pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by catfishaggie View Post
    Is there anyone that is looking into Gregor Gorgovich, the person named by Sten as his instructor in the main art (form of Aikijiujitsu that is like ninjitsu) that he teaches?
    Gregorovich does not sound like a real last name in Russian. Maybe a father's name that comes after the first name, and before the last name.
    It's confusing, I know. The best I can offer in terms of explanation:
    http://en.allexperts.com/q/Russian-C...an-Names-2.htm

look up "otchestvo"

**EDIT to clarify:
    Gregori + Gregorovich (son of Gregor) + Last name
    **EDIT

The name could be something made up/generic, or only part of the man's real name. It's also possible that he does not know the man's real name, or it's yet another name dropping that will lead to him saying "oh, just testing you guys, bullshido sucks."
    Last edited by Sri Hanuman; 6/03/2009 1:12pm at .
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/03/2009 12:58pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoonDog View Post
    Are your methods so different than what is already out there? That is a big claim in itself.
    This is the typical TMA defense. I don't want my **** stolen.

If I went through all of the excuses and reasons I could write a thesis.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    6/03/2009 1:39pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mr. DeRenzo:
    The idea that it is possible for someone to learn any system well enough to replicate anf teach it solely through a couple of sparring video clips of 3-5 minute duration is hilarious.

Also:
    To return to our Bullet proof vest analogy, I may not trust the word of a random stranger, but I would certainly think twice if I saw a proven Law Enforcement Officer saying that VestA is a total piece of crap compared to VestB. That would certainly make me inclined to demand a test of both vests before wearing one myself. And if the VestA company refused to allow a test because they were worried I might "steal their secret vest construction" then I certainly wouldn't trust their Vest to save my life.

Using educated and informed sources to help you narrow down your choices is good sense. It's what people do when they themselves don't have access to complete information about a subject.
    When that subject is self defense, which is to say unarmed combat, then the best way to know if what someone is offering is legit is to see them in actual combat of some kind. Not choreographed, not staged, not under extremely restrictive rules. The reason you see an MMA bias here is because MMA is currently the best proving ground we have for whether someone can fight or not. If you art works, then it should work in the cage as well as the street and you should be happy to demonstrate it, or choose one of your students to do so.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/03/2009 1:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanzee View Post
    Gregorovich does not sound like a real last name in Russian. Maybe a father's name that comes after the first name, and before the last name.
    It's confusing, I know. The best I can offer in terms of explanation:
    http://en.allexperts.com/q/Russian-C...an-Names-2.htm

look up "otchestvo"

**EDIT to clarify:
    Gregori + Gregorovich (son of Gregor) + Last name
    **EDIT

The name could be something made up/generic, or only part of the man's real name. It's also possible that he does not know the man's real name, or it's yet another name dropping that will lead to him saying "oh, just testing you guys, bullshido sucks."
    I am thinking the later, the only Gregorovich I have found goes to this thread and the when I have only found a couple of hits with the name spelled Gregorovitch with a t and one of those pages is a Harry Potter faq.

I'll look and see if there are any Russian organizations or maybe even Polish to see if there is a name close to it, but I think I will be chasing a snipe.

I'm not up to well on Russian so I may look to see how to combine the name more so in the Gregory son of fashion (thank you Tom Clancy for teaching me something in Rainbow Six lol).

I am starting to think that maybe Sten and Principrio may have a connection, but that is my opinion only. The fact that he claims his Aikijiujitsu is a style similar to ninjitsu and Principrio has pictures of students on his website wearing ninja head gear and claims of it being an ancient "deadly art".

IFF, I know you where active in that thread and feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Posted On:
    6/03/2009 1:52pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by catfishaggie View Post
    I am thinking the later, the only Gregorovich I have found goes to this thread and the when I have only found a couple of hits with the name spelled Gregorovitch with a t and one of those pages is a Harry Potter faq.
    Sadly, it's all phonetics. There's at least 11 different ways to write my name in English. I know, because on my citizenship application I had to list each time some jackass wrote my name in a different way. You can go a million ways with this one. If you cross-ref Gregoryevich, Gregorevich, Gregorievich w. martial arts, you should get results. Let me know if it works.

I'll look and see if there are any Russian organizations or maybe even Polish to see if there is a name close to it, but I think I will be chasing a snipe.
    If you contact them, don't worry about the spelling of the name. Better done over the phone for that reason. Phonetics...

I'm not up to well on Russian so I may look to see how to combine the name more so in the Gregory son of fashion (thank you Tom Clancy for teaching me something in Rainbow Six lol).
    Not a problem, comrad.

I am starting to think that maybe Sten and Principrio may have a connection, but that is my opinion only. The fact that he claims his Aikijiujitsu is a style similar to ninjitsu and Principrio has pictures of students on his website wearing ninja head gear and claims of it being an ancient "deadly art".
    If they use the "archer" stance, and insist that dog style kung fu was the pre-cursor to Jiu Jitsu, then yes, I'd venture a guess that this guy is related to Principio.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/03/2009 3:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I haven't found anything yet but when I get home from training tonight I will look again.