Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    6/02/2009 8:42pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mr. DeRenzo, you succeeded in getting an actual investigation started into your credentials, so far we've found that your rank is at best ambiguous, having been listed differently in two seperate locations, both linked with a diploma mill/pay-for-rank association. Would you care to help us clear that up so that this thread accurately represents your training and qualifications?
    The easiest way would be for you to provide a quick summary of what you trained in, who you trained under, the approximate dates, and what rank you attained. That will allow us to verify the information and make sure this thread is an accurate representation of your qualifications.

If you choose not to assist then it will be much harder to verify your credentials, it also reflects poorly on you if you choose not to help. If you don't feel comfortable listing this information in public you can email me, jswentworth at gmail dot com.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/02/2009 8:48pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lu Tze View Post
    So your plan was to lie on your website to expose Bullshido's blatantly prejudiced stance against lying bastards?

Well done, I guess.
    Please if you are going to comment, at least pay attention to what is going on. I do not ''LIE " on my website, I posted phony comments from a fictious person. Read more carefully.

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    6/02/2009 9:00pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Righto, my apologies.

So you posted phoney comments about yourself, and then did your big reveal after one of the guys you mentioned showed up here, in a million to one chance, and stated that he had nothing to do with you. Gotcha.

Edit: But only after you offered this little retraction, concerning, I'm sure by a complete coincidence, the guy who inconveniently showed up.

Quote Originally Posted by sten View Post
    Just to clarify. Sensei Doug didn't say his JiuJitsu teacher was Howard Popkin, he mentioned him as a point of reference to his style, to the similarities to Aiki Jiu Jitsu.
    Last edited by Lu Tze; 6/02/2009 9:05pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/02/2009 9:02pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sten,

Know what, maybe you had a bad day the last time you were on here and I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

What makes mukashi no jutsu so ancient? I understand there is a problem with the meaning of the name. (I'm not japanese and therefore I do not know) Where did you study Jui Jitsu, Ninjitsu and San Da?

As far as your comment about TMAers being bagged on in here, if you will notice there are a lot of people here that study TMA as opposed to MMA and there are people that have studied or studying both so that aurgurment is a strawman. I'm glad you're not in HKD or TKD, you wouldn't be able to last in here if you're that thin skin, because no offense but the Koreans did not exactly help themselves out when it comes to historical accuracy.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/02/2009 9:07pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Neko View Post
    Doug, you seem way too worried about the name calling, however the point remains the same, you have provided no proof you're qualified to teach anything, you might be a great guy, you might even be a good fighter, but nothing points to you being qualified to create a new style.

Maybe the name calling went a little too far, and if the kid is sick, I'm sorry to hear that, however, as your highest ranking student on that video (who was fighting only one opponent with a totally backwards stance), he might be able to wear a brown belt in your system, but that's about it, traditional style or not, that's simply not the best stance to fight a single opponent (let's not go into the cartwheels and other silliness).

You claim that Bullshido is not fair to non-mma styles, but there are many regular members from more traditional styles than yours (as yours in not a koryu), that don't have a problem here, you might even say, they thrive, it really seems that the only people that get the harsh treatment here are fakes, dumbasses and people who are not able/willing to provide proof that they're qualify to teach.

you set out with an ok idea (hell, maybe even good intentions), but you fucked up the execution (by the way "The Martialist" and "Dillman"? really? lol).

Good luck to you sir, until proven otherwise, you're a moron
    My style is a traditional ,an old style.If you want to know the name of it pay a visit or send a BS drone in. Everyone here has a problem with the name of my school, its business name is Mukashi no Jutsu. I do not claim that to be a style, and if I did who are you or anyone else to decide that without( I repeat this for the umpteenth time) ever seeing it. By the way ,I don't know what art you study ,but my art happens to have a foward stance, a backwards or reverse stance, a behind body stance,and more. And here is a little question for you. If you were fighting an opponent that moved away from your attacks quickly, you can advance rapidly with a cartwheel. take a look at some kung fu styles. My good friend John Yuan, the 5x World Wushu champ, teaching in NYC practices no hand cartwheels. perhaps if you weren't so narrow focused, you may see applications for things that to you see as absurd or unusual. i must say though, at least it is an attempt at an examination of the little info you have. And , by the way, it is your opinion that the stance in the video is not the best way to fight. When you have tried it and failed or succeeded, then you can state with fact, otherwise,in a court of law that is conjecture or hearsay evidence. I refered to George Dillman for his weight,and like it or not,his books are in your library and bookstore and his face is on TV ,not yours. I should have mentioned Kimbo Slice, too. There are plenty of overweight men that could mop the floor with you,so don't kid yourself. And the namecalling continues.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    6/02/2009 9:27pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sten: Should I take it that you do not intend to help is clarify your credentials and training in any way? You have no interest whatsoever in this thread containing your account of your training? Again, your cooperation would be greatly appreciated.

Ghost of Kawaishi

Posted On:
    6/02/2009 9:31pm

Style: judo, parenting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sten View Post
    Please if you are going to comment, at least pay attention to what is going on. I do not ''LIE " on my website, I posted phony comments from a fictious person. Read more carefully.
    I didn't lie, it was my evil twin, Skippy. of course, that makes it more acceptable. That Skippy, he has some trouble with basic concepts of grammar and well, what constitutes a lie.

By the way, I study two traditional martial arts, only one of which gets the respect it deserves on this site. at this point, none of my teachers are self appointed sokes, they do not offer cross ranking services on the internet, nor do they make up their martial arts history or resume. Can you, or your evil twin Skippy say any of the smae things? I'm doubting it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/02/2009 9:33pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Then what is the style you teach and your qualifications to teach it?

As far as the cartwheel, IMHO, that **** only works in the movies being that while you are spinning you are 1) not keeping your eye on your opponent and 2) you have no foundation and hence easier to take to the ground.

The above is a sample of concern along with the fact you used someone's name without their permission to try and "pull the chain" on an established forum community.

As for Phrost, he doesn't need to be defended or justified to you because he and some others saw a need and fulfilled it.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/02/2009 9:40pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    Mr. DeRenzo, you succeeded in getting an actual investigation started into your credentials, so far we've found that your rank is at best ambiguous, having been listed differently in two seperate locations, both linked with a diploma mill/pay-for-rank association. Would you care to help us clear that up so that this thread accurately represents your training and qualifications?
    The easiest way would be for you to provide a quick summary of what you trained in, who you trained under, the approximate dates, and what rank you attained. That will allow us to verify the information and make sure this thread is an accurate representation of your qualifications.

If you choose not to assist then it will be much harder to verify your credentials, it also reflects poorly on you if you choose not to help. If you don't feel comfortable listing this information in public you can email me, jswentworth at gmail dot com.
    Jeff, I started my training in March of 1986 and continued without stop until today. I study a form of Aikijiujitsu with what I hesitantly term ninjitsu, i use the term because it is recognized by people today. My website list a small portion of techniques. My main teacher, you won't find anywhere on the web, or anyone you may know that knows him. I trained in San da with my friend John Yuan. You can find him on the web. I am a Sandan currently. now, does this info help anyone looking to study my art, not really. You can look at my diplomas or my history but unless you see my class in action, see the techniques I teach, how can you know much of anything. I didn't come on here to be a wiseguy. I am too old and busy for that. I just see so much disrespect of people today through the use of the keyboard that I felt the need to get attention to it. I am not a famous teacher or a large chain of schools,I have no fear of what people think here. Students that come to me can see that what I teach is genuine. I can perform the techniques,even the dreaded cartwheel, at an age probably greater than most of you. I study the techniques of other arts to learn from them as well as how to defeat them. I live every day as what I believe a Martial Artist of 21st century America is. It may not be your version or the next guys, but it works. incidently, the Yudansha rank conferred on me was in the teachers own style as a courtesy if I had decided to study with him. I did not do so, although he was a great teacher. I extend an honest invitation to anyone that wishes to view my class. I add that, I have no need of Bullshidos Ok, I am offering it as a courtesy. This thread is supposed to be for all martial artists/teachers, not about me. as someone noted, I am hardly a blip on th eMA radar , and frankly, I like it that way. You can't fight what you can't see,HAHA. Hope this clears things up. My contact info is on the website for those willing to witness. peace.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/02/2009 10:00pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by catfishaggie View Post
    Then what is the style you teach and your qualifications to teach it?

As far as the cartwheel, IMHO, that **** only works in the movies being that while you are spinning you are 1) not keeping your eye on your opponent and 2) you have no foundation and hence easier to take to the ground.

The above is a sample of concern along with the fact you used someone's name without their permission to try and "pull the chain" on an established forum community.

As for Phrost, he doesn't need to be defended or justified to you because he and some others saw a need and fulfilled it.
    As you cartwheel, you are watching the opponents feet, and I witnessed a fight where a fellow training mate of mine used it and his feet bashed the opponents face. it was quite effective. My point in mentioning phrost is that the interviwer asks him 2 times for his creds and he is vague. why is he immune? http://www.examiner.com/x-5954-Seatt...Interview-with Someone who judges omy art/experience should have major creds. The Olympics Committee doesn't let some amateur athlete judge, only professionals, and he may be,but my point is, why didn't he say who taught him his Wing Chun, escrima etc. He only mentions the MMA guy. Well, perhaps ,as is the case with many teachers, their teachers are not famous,weblisted guys. that is my point there. In my opinion, there isn;t a need for MA police, we have enough BS without adding more. People are smarter than you think and if not well, Darwins theory will prevail. Try the cartwheel, even if you do not find it useful in your training, it is a hell of a great exercise,balance,strength and coordination. Also, note that throughout all of this I kept my students out . I could easily have had many posts puy on about how great I am , my art etc. This is not about me. It is about MA and respect. In Asia, one's elders are held in high regard. It is considered a serious breach of manners to disrespect them.