Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/01/2009 12:21pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He provided the name so, it is on him. There was no thread concerning him on bullshido that I can find anywhere.

Now, we have proof that he has no tie to Mr. Popkins and he has at least one cert from a pay for play cross ranking org.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 6/01/2009 12:24pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/02/2009 3:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I'm confused

Fellas,

I just looked back at this. I'm very confuzed.

Why would you drag me into this ???????????????????

Unecessary bullshido in my opinion. Stop playing games like trying to oust others and get back to your practice in the dojo. I recommend starting with rolls and falling practice.

I am not "Master Popkin".

Best regards,

Howard Popkin
    www.popkinbrognaselfdefense.com

PS - Bullshido calls are welcome anytime for verification. I HATE when people name drop and lie.
    Last edited by Howard Popkin; 6/02/2009 3:50pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/02/2009 4:05pm

Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Popkin View Post
    Fellas,

Unecessary bullshido in my opinion. Stop playing games like trying to oust others and get back to your practice in the dojo. I recommend starting with rolls and falling practice.

Best regards,

Howard Popkin

PS - Bullshido calls are welcome anytime for verification. I HATE when people name drop and lie.
    We're very sorry you had to be involved, but it was not us who dragged you into this. Doug DeRenzo was responsible for that... not a very classy move on his part.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/02/2009 4:07pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fellas,

Best regards,

Howard Popkin

Once again thanks for your honesty and humility.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/02/2009 6:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

My pleasure

Seriously, I'm very surprised. Mr. Derenzo didn't seem like a bad guy.

Maybe he was having an off day ?

I'm going to chalk it up to that. Everyone deserves a second chance.

Back to the dojo :)

Take care,

Howard

Posted On:
    6/02/2009 7:32pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seriously, I'm very surprised. Mr. Derenzo didn't seem like a bad guy.

Maybe he was having an off day ?

I'm going to chalk it up to that. Everyone deserves a second chance.

Back to the dojo :)

Take care,

Howard
    Probably not a bad guy... we all occasionally could stand a little humility, one of life's correctives thrown haphhazardly in our direction, I know I am not above such... or as they used to say in South Philly when one got hit just a little too hard for whatever reason.... "nobody is innocent" smack!:boxing:"

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/02/2009 7:37pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Howard, sorry to have involved you. I didn't name drop here. I posted as someone else to expose the BS that Bullshido is. I used your name to get them moving with the thread. I don't like the way non MMA type arts and schools are treated here. To post rude pictures and insults of other peoples classes and schools does not sit well with me. I see now that I should have left these "children" alone to their own gossip column here, but I wanted to help the victims here. As an example of the "nice" people here,they made fun of one of my students that has Tourettes Syndrome by calling him retarded and insulted his weight. This, to me is improper conduct. bullshido and its posters have insulted and poked fun of many, many people. I felt it was time to return the favor by exposing them. The owner of Bullshido Neil Phrost in a newspaper interview in Seattle avoids direct questions of his martial arts lineage by saying he studied a little wing chun and some other art and in 2002 he trained in BJJ, he was an orange belt at the time of the article. I don't see impressive credentials there to judge others, and who is anyone to judge anothers style without seeing it at least once.
    When I attended your class, I immediately saw your superior skill level and experience, I don't need Bullshido to inform me if your "credentials" meet their approval. The same applies to anyone attending a school, even a novice. While the idea of a Bullshido site is sound, perhaps its methods need refining. Otherwise it is just a chatroom for whining wannabes and mean spirited people.
    Again , I apologize for your entanglement here, but maybe, just maybe, things will change for the better.
    To Bullshido people, it is my opinion and the opinion of many others(websearchs will show) that there is too much quick comndenation and not enough actual research. I realize that to see every little school out there is near impossible, but to rely on the opinions of any poster at a keyboard for input is not an addequate substitute. If Bullshido's intention is to give voice to anyone with no knowledge and to just generate revenue as a business,well, this is America, land of the free and Capitalism, so that is fine,just don't pretend to be the Consumer Reports of the MA world without doing the work. The old addage "if you have nothing good to say,then don't say anything" could go a long way here. Instead of knocking someones art, open your minds to how it may be practical and useful. Enough said. Best of luck to all MA practitioners out there and listen to Howard , more dojo practice. We can all use less talk and more practice. Peace.

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    6/02/2009 7:49pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So your plan was to lie on your website to expose Bullshido's blatantly prejudiced stance against lying bastards?

Well done, I guess.

"Yes Neko, please keep telling me more about your manly collection of Star Wars audiobooks"

Posted On:
    6/02/2009 8:07pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Doug, you seem way too worried about the name calling, however the point remains the same, you have provided no proof you're qualified to teach anything, you might be a great guy, you might even be a good fighter, but nothing points to you being qualified to create a new style.

Maybe the name calling went a little too far, and if the kid is sick, I'm sorry to hear that, however, as your highest ranking student on that video (who was fighting only one opponent with a totally backwards stance), he might be able to wear a brown belt in your system, but that's about it, traditional style or not, that's simply not the best stance to fight a single opponent (let's not go into the cartwheels and other silliness).

You claim that Bullshido is not fair to non-mma styles, but there are many regular members from more traditional styles than yours (as yours in not a koryu), that don't have a problem here, you might even say, they thrive, it really seems that the only people that get the harsh treatment here are fakes, dumbasses and people who are not able/willing to provide proof that they're qualify to teach.

you set out with an ok idea (hell, maybe even good intentions), but you fucked up the execution (by the way "The Martialist" and "Dillman"? really? lol).

Good luck to you sir, until proven otherwise, you're a moron
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    Yeah, you're probably right.

But still, something about having a black guy or a lesbian jump out from behind a garbage can yelling "SURPRISE GONG SAU" at any of your big-named RBSD kooks makes me giggle like a little girl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    There are two kinds of members on MAP:

1. LARPers/Partial Artists
    2. People who haven't heard about Bullshido.
    The Mighty McClaw to Fox when refusing to fight AnnaT.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw
    Don't fight girls? When are you living, the 1850's? I suppose you think they shouldn't work or vote either.
    Get with the times and punch a chick.
    Wingchundo's response after I called him a "*****"

Quote Originally Posted by wingchundo View Post
    Hey, I resemble that remark!

Ok, time for a snappy comeback.... uh...

OK. Here goes.

You are what you eat!

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/02/2009 8:32pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    You've said goodbye a few times now.

I don't believe you...liar.
    Like I said...

Howard, sorry to have involved you. I didn't name drop here. I posted as someone else to expose the BS that Bullshido is. I used your name to get them moving with the thread. I don't like the way non MMA type arts and schools are treated here. To post rude pictures and insults of other peoples classes and schools does not sit well with me. I see now that I should have left these "children" alone to their own gossip column here, but I wanted to help the victims here. As an example of the "nice" people here,they made fun of one of my students that has Tourettes Syndrome by calling him retarded and insulted his weight. This, to me is improper conduct. bullshido and its posters have insulted and poked fun of many, many people. I felt it was time to return the favor by exposing them. The owner of Bullshido Neil Phrost in a newspaper interview in Seattle avoids direct questions of his martial arts lineage by saying he studied a little wing chun and some other art and in 2002 he trained in BJJ, he was an orange belt at the time of the article. I don't see impressive credentials there to judge others, and who is anyone to judge anothers style without seeing it at least once.
    When I attended your class, I immediately saw your superior skill level and experience, I don't need Bullshido to inform me if your "credentials" meet their approval. The same applies to anyone attending a school, even a novice. While the idea of a Bullshido site is sound, perhaps its methods need refining. Otherwise it is just a chatroom for whining wannabes and mean spirited people.
    Again , I apologize for your entanglement here, but maybe, just maybe, things will change for the better.
    To Bullshido people, it is my opinion and the opinion of many others(websearchs will show) that there is too much quick comndenation and not enough actual research. I realize that to see every little school out there is near impossible, but to rely on the opinions of any poster at a keyboard for input is not an addequate substitute. If Bullshido's intention is to give voice to anyone with no knowledge and to just generate revenue as a business,well, this is America, land of the free and Capitalism, so that is fine,just don't pretend to be the Consumer Reports of the MA world without doing the work. The old addage "if you have nothing good to say,then don't say anything" could go a long way here. Instead of knocking someones art, open your minds to how it may be practical and useful. Enough said. Best of luck to all MA practitioners out there and listen to Howard , more dojo practice. We can all use less talk and more practice. Peace.
    Let us know when you can act like an adult and provide proof.

Cite the web searches.
    Cite the victims.
    Cite where we repeatedly don't visit schools.
    Cite where your "new"suggestion weren't implemented until, after you posted.

See, I can do this in less than 15 minutes to refute all of your "expose" claims.