Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/30/2009 3:54pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by catfishaggie View Post
    Most schools even traditional require some sort of tournament experience in order to advance in belt grades. Also, you can not test a system with out putting under pressure.

I don't see how, if this is how you act in a forum community that is here to provide consumer information

I made the comment. It was because IMHO, 20 dollars a class is too much if it is coming from someone that is a. teaching a system poorly, b. lies about his experience and expertise.

If you're point is that you are dickheaded douchebag, congratulations.

No one would've called you retarded if you would have been honest from the start therefore it's open season on a liar. The MA teachers that actually teach what they advertise and do not make false claims are left alone or they have joined this site in order to help ousting LARPers and charlatans like you.
    As for your offer to come to you, I think I will pass. I don't like New York and find the idea of wasting money just to come see a sub par teacher is poor ROI

No one called me "retarded", they called a student in the video that. I guess you cannot comprehend or you choose to ignore the fact that I posted under a pseudonym, I did not lie as "sensei doug", I was pretending to be someone looking for information. Is that clear enough for you to understand? I have no need to validate myself or my art to you or anyone here. Students that train with me get all of their questions answered, not some unknown over the internet. I could ask you about your training and you could tell me anything. Unless I know you or your training is documented somewhere, how would I believe it? In my circle of friends, we call it trust. My actions and skills are visible to those who matter.
    Stop beating a dead horse.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/30/2009 3:58pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by catfishaggie View Post
    Scan it and post it on this thread please. See the Mark Tripp thread on how it is done.

I will right away do that for someone who, after I respectfully addressed him as Sir, calls me an arrogant ass. You've got the address, came and see it. So much hate. Not good for your health. Try a little kindness.
    Perhaps you should study some Aikido. Goodbye all. I have said enough. Continue bashing as you will.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2009 4:04pm

Style: Anything Goes

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sten View Post
    Kishi, well said. Although I haven't lied to anyone( I posted as someone else asking a question) I had no interest in putting video on the internet. one of my students did it on his own accord. I will put some video onto my website one day, but my other businesses take alot of my time. My point with this exercise was to bring to light a lack of respect for others and the act of writing things about people about which you know nothing. The world is full of enough hatred, I just don't see here much positive talk.
    The video mentioned has a few minutes of sparring ,which may be different than what is seen on TV, but it is effective nontheless. The stance dates back to Egyptian and Roman times, I've seen the paintings and is probably much older. It offers more protection than a more frontal stance, for my art. Your art or another guys may be different, is that wrong? If a style works for you ,than use it. The Martialist guy , whose original posts got me started says the same. If a punch works, use it. If throwing a rock works, who are we to argue. It may not be UFC approved, but it is a functioning method. Thanks for adding to this Kishi. Best of Luck to you.
    You 'posted as somebody else asking a question.' That means that you posted with the idea of being less-than-forthright about who you are. More than that, you deliberately posted information that was verifiably false. It was a deception. Dressing it up as an 'exercise' seems to be a matter of semantics. I mean, here's what the dictionary says:

a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood. 2. something intended or serving to convey a false impression; imposture
    I mean, you did that. You can dress it up as you wish, but that doesn't change anything.

As far as the effectiveness of the technique is concerned, I'm not talking about stances. I'm talking about actual technique. Just a couple of examples:

• There's a point in the second video where one of the students attempts a spinning backfist. He turned his back on an opponent in a combat situation. If he's training that in practice, he'll do that in the real world. My teachers realized this. They made me realize it. As a teacher, I'm sure you understand this yourself.
    • Cartwheeling in a fight? Sir, that's a technique that would require absolute concentration and coordination for most (or, at least, for me). Combat situations don't generally conduct that. And even if a student could pull it off, the telegraph on such a technique makes it easy to dodge.

I'm not talking about things that are UFC approved, and ultimately I don't think anyone here is. We're here to talk about what works, and what doesn't work. And, based on what I've seen, with all due respect, I am not convinced that what you teach is workable.

Of course, as we've said, you have the power to change that. It's your call. Seeing as you've entered into the business of teaching people to defend their lives, I would think you would be interested in refining your product.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/30/2009 4:06pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Perhaps you should study some Aikido. Goodbye all. I have said enough. Continue bashing as you will.
    You've said goodbye a few times now.

I don't believe you...liar.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2009 4:13pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will right away do that for someone who, after I respectfully addressed him as Sir, calls me an arrogant ass. You've got the address, came and see it. So much hate. Not good for your health. Try a little kindness.
    No I'm not a hippie and do not buy into that make peace not war bullshit or the pseudo spiritual that permeats Akido. I am of the opinion that Robert A. Heinlein stated in the Juvenile Novel Starship Troopers that "violence has solved more issues than any other thing in the history of the world". Therefore I am starting to train that way, first Hapkido (stand up and striking) and then BJJ (for clinch and ground) at Marchado's school in Dallas.

Pretending to be someone else is lying, just look at the threads over people claiming to be G.B., Navy Seals, CIA, SAS, KCIA, Lieutenant X......(I'm in a korean m.a. and I've heard it all)

I called you that because you were being arrogant, also I am not your senior (in age).

Again, I am not the only one asking for these things. This is like :deadhorse

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/30/2009 4:20pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The best part of this thread, that he fails to see is,
    He Started this crapfest.

Oh and ignore his current derail catfishaggie. He has called everyone keyboard warriors, unintelligent, teenagers, and a myriad of other insults.

Sir, was used in an arrogant sarcastic manner. The fact he tries to flip it around just shows more arrogance.

Like I said, he knows nothing of Budo.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2009 4:26pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're right IIF, sorry I fell into an attempt at derailment. I just hate arrogance, confidence and being confident is one thing, but arrogance is another. LOL, I bet we'll see him again in a couple of hours lol.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    5/30/2009 4:45pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sten: You mean you got your cert from these guys http://www.genbukan.org/cgi-bin/site.plv ? Because they don't list you as a Master Instructor here: http://www.genbukan.org/cgi-bin/site.pl?aboveRenshi and they don't list your school in their database.

I have contacted them to find out if you actually are a certified instructor with them.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/30/2009 4:47pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah.

I mean seriously, I call you a liar, a hypocrite and arrogant yet, your anger builds at a comment of not knowing Budo?

Poor priorities.

I know which words would bother me and it wouldn't be the accusation of "not knowing Budo.".
    Last edited by It is Fake; 5/30/2009 4:57pm at .

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/30/2009 5:53pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't teach for the income. I have other profitable businesses. My first 2 years of teaching I taught for free. It was 2 of my students that suggested I charge. As to the cost someone alluded to, each class runs 3 hours at least ,so $6.00 or so an hour is beyond reasonable. I payed that price for lessons 10 years ago. This is New York, not Iowa. Try to hire a personal trainer or a math tutor for less than $50.00 an hour here. Anyway, I am weary of this ridiculous tit for tat banter. I proved my point to the people that matter. Don't call people "retarded" , or make fun of their weight. And leave the poor MA teachers alone, they have a hard enough time trying to make rent/bills and earn a living . That is not the Budo way. As to my lineage, my main teacher is not to be found on any internet search , if you are still eager to know, you know where to find me. Doug
    Doug,

I commented on your fees early in the thread.

For the prices that you charge, in the place you teach, you are certainly in it for the money.

My comment about the video being utter crap stands.

You are seen in the video. You taught what was being passed off as sparring.

You can stick a flower in a turd, spray it with perfume and observe from a distance. It may look good and smell not bad. Get closer and it looks and smells like crap.

You teach and talk a lot of crap.

I pity your students who think they are learning how to defend themselves.
Page 13 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3910111213 1415161723 ... LastLast