Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2009 3:16pm

Style: Anything Goes

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sten View Post
    i guess saying that the place looks absolutely ridiculous is an unbiased,fair assessment? Ha! Typical bullshido.
    I realize that i won't succeed in changing anything here. Hopefully ,when people with sense read this, they will learn not to rely on this totally biased site full of teenager posters that have nothing better to do than rip on someone.
    Most of them would never say such things to someone face to face, it is easy to hide behind a keyboard and a fake name.
    Kind of like you did, right?

And anyway, you've failed to address any of the accusations that were brought against you. Each time somebody tells you that you've lied, all you've done is get worked up and yell, "AND YOU FELL FOR IT!!!!1!!11!one"

I mean, if your school is better than that, then show us. Post videos of your training. The videos right now show us a bunch of students who employ basically inept technique that would've gotten me push-ups and a talking-to if I'd dared to try.

I mean, you've got a chance to change this. Why not be the change you want to see instead of flaming?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/30/2009 3:27pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Fight credentials

Quote Originally Posted by ignatzami View Post
    Hey, Zen.

Let me explain how we do things around here. First, when someone comes on the site and asks about a school we look at the instructor, the style, who the instructor trained with, or was trained by, and a general litmus test to determine the fighting ability of the instructor and his/her students. We base this test on facts, usually a verifiable fight record.

Now, not everyone wants to fight, we get that but as a rule this community views the martial arts as being about fighting first, and everything else a distant second.

We also tend to view instructors without good credentials to be highly suspect.

So, can you shed any light on Sensei Doug's credentials?
    More of the same BS bias here. I know many ,many qualified and great instructors and only a few have what you call a "verifiable fight record"
    I ,nor my teachers , need to step into a sports ring to prove our MA abilities. I have enough experience in fighting where there are no rules. You won't find that on any little internet searches you run. As I have said before, none of you here should be making any statements about anyone without seeing for yourselves, and even then, who are you to judge?

I don't teach for the income. I have other profitable businesses. My first 2 years of teaching I taught for free. It was 2 of my students that suggested I charge. As to the cost someone alluded to, each class runs 3 hours at least ,so $6.00 or so an hour is beyond reasonable. I payed that price for lessons 10 years ago. This is New York, not Iowa. Try to hire a personal trainer or a math tutor for less than $50.00 an hour here. Anyway, I am weary of this ridiculous tit for tat banter. I proved my point to the people that matter. Don't call people "retarded" , or make fun of their weight. And leave the poor MA teachers alone, they have a hard enough time trying to make rent/bills and earn a living . That is not the Budo way. As to my lineage, my main teacher is not to be found on any internet search , if you are still eager to know, you know where to find me. Doug

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2009 3:29pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On what basis can you say that I know nothing of Budo? AGAIN, ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF FALSE STATEMENTS BASED ON NO INFORMATION. THAT IS BULLSHIDO'S CREDO.
    By your actions on this thread you have shown that you have no concept of the idea that is Budo. Also, your baseless comparison of this site to George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty Four (<- the correct title of the book) shows a lack of reading comprehension. What is sad is that even I, as a new person to martial arts, posted my credentials in this thread and you have yet to do the same.

What is your credientials to teach, what arts and who gave you your black belt?

These are easy questions to answer just look at the Mark Tripp thread and how painless it was for him. Then again Mark had nothing to hide whereas you do.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/30/2009 3:39pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Finally a person with respect ,tact and sense

Quote Originally Posted by Kishi View Post
    Kind of like you did, right?

And anyway, you've failed to address any of the accusations that were brought against you. Each time somebody tells you that you've lied, all you've done is get worked up and yell, "AND YOU FELL FOR IT!!!!1!!11!one"

I mean, if your school is better than that, then show us. Post videos of your training. The videos right now show us a bunch of students who employ basically inept technique that would've gotten me push-ups and a talking-to if I'd dared to try.

I mean, you've got a chance to change this. Why not be the change you want to see instead of flaming?
    Kishi, well said. Although I haven't lied to anyone( I posted as someone else asking a question) I had no interest in putting video on the internet. one of my students did it on his own accord. I will put some video onto my website one day, but my other businesses take alot of my time. My point with this exercise was to bring to light a lack of respect for others and the act of writing things about people about which you know nothing. The world is full of enough hatred, I just don't see here much positive talk.
    The video mentioned has a few minutes of sparring ,which may be different than what is seen on TV, but it is effective nontheless. The stance dates back to Egyptian and Roman times, I've seen the paintings and is probably much older. It offers more protection than a more frontal stance, for my art. Your art or another guys may be different, is that wrong? If a style works for you ,than use it. The Martialist guy , whose original posts got me started says the same. If a punch works, use it. If throwing a rock works, who are we to argue. It may not be UFC approved, but it is a functioning method. Thanks for adding to this Kishi. Best of Luck to you.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/30/2009 3:43pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by catfishaggie View Post
    By your actions on this thread you have shown that you have no concept of the idea that is Budo. Also, your baseless comparison of this site to George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty Four (<- the correct title of the book) shows a lack of reading comprehension. What is sad is that even I, as a new person to martial arts, posted my credentials in this thread and you have yet to do the same.

These are easy questions to answer just look at the Mark Tripp thread and how painless it was for him. Then again Mark had nothing to hide whereas you do.

I have one thing to say to you,sir. Stop hating, I was fighting people before you were born and live a life of bushido, American style. Best of luck to you ,too.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2009 3:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    More of the same BS bias here. I know many ,many qualified and great instructors and only a few have what you call a "verifiable fight record"
    I ,nor my teachers , need to step into a sports ring to prove our MA abilities. I have enough experience in fighting where there are no rules. You won't find that on any little internet searches you run. As I have said before, none of you here should be making any statements about anyone without seeing for yourselves, and even then, who are you to judge?
    Most schools even traditional require some sort of tournament experience in order to advance in belt grades. Also, you can not test a system with out putting under pressure.

I don't teach for the income. I have other profitable businesses.
    I don't see how, if this is how you act in a forum community that is here to provide consumer information

My first 2 years of teaching I taught for free. It was 2 of my students that suggested I charge. As to the cost someone alluded to, each class runs 3 hours at least ,so $6.00 or so an hour is beyond reasonable. I payed that price for lessons 10 years ago. This is New York, not Iowa.
    I made the comment. It was because IMHO, 20 dollars a class is too much if it is coming from someone that is a. teaching a system poorly, b. lies about his experience and expertise.

I proved my point to the people that matter.
    If you're point is that you are dickheaded douchebag, congratulations.

Don't call people "retarded" , or make fun of their weight. And leave the poor MA teachers alone, they have a hard enough time trying to make rent/bills and earn a living . That is not the Budo way. As to my lineage, my main teacher is not to be found on any internet search , if you are still eager to know, you know where to find me. Doug
    No one would've called you retarded if you would have been honest from the start therefore it's open season on a liar. The MA teachers that actually teach what they advertise and do not make false claims are left alone or they have joined this site in order to help ousting LARPers and charlatans like you.
    As for your offer to come to you, I think I will pass. I don't like New York and find the idea of wasting money just to come see a sub par teacher is poor ROI

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/30/2009 3:46pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by catfishaggie View Post

One more thing before I depart Catfish, my diploma is certified and numbered from Japan Kokusai JiuJitsuKai Remnei. If you need to see it, it hangs on my wall.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/30/2009 3:48pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On what basis can you say that I know nothing of Budo? AGAIN, ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF FALSE STATEMENTS BASED ON NO INFORMATION. THAT IS BULLSHIDO'S CREDO.
    I like how you address nothing in my post but, the comment on Budo.

Have you contacted the website owner to ask his credentials in starting this website?

Did you contact any of the Amdins or staff? Oh no, you just decided to down the website without any proof.

Gotcha. Hypocrite.

It is obvious, this is the only thread you have read. If not, that means you are completely and utterly lying again with your statements in this thread.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2009 3:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have one thing to say to you,sir. Stop hating, I was fighting people before you were born and live a life of bushido, American style. Best of luck to you ,too.
    Don't call me sir, you arrogant ass.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2009 3:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One more thing before I depart Catfish, my diploma is certified and numbered from Japan Kokusai JiuJitsuKai Remnei. If you need to see it, it hangs on my wall.
    Scan it and post it on this thread please. See the Mark Tripp thread on how it is done.
Page 12 of 56 FirstFirst ... 289101112 1314151622 ... LastLast