Page 11 of 56 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213141521 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    5/30/2009 7:26am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ahhh, you seem to have fallen into the same mistake a lot of other folks do by assuming that "Bullshido" is some monolithic organization. It's not. The thread you started of got almost 0 attention. THERE WAS NO INVESTIGATION. Do you understand that? Bullshido did not investigate you. A handful of posters offered their opinion of the available information with repeated advice that the only way to really evaluate the school was to go there, try it, and talk to the instructor.
    Are you saying instead we should have all said "It looks awesome! Go for it!!"? Why would anyone do that? The video was terrible, the one reference we spoke with denied training you. Since THIS WAS NOT AN INVESTIGATION BY BULLSHIDO it was left to the person supposedly looking for a school to do what they would with that information.

I'm having a hard time finding your objection here, are you saying we shouldn't allow people to have opinions? We should do a complete and thorough investigation of every school that anyone asks about? What's your issue exactly? It sounds like you just got annoyed that the opinion of the few members involved wasn't favorable to your school.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2009 8:48am

Style: Hapkido, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sten,

Not to belabor the obvious, but look on this very thread at how Mr. Popkin responded to questions about his background. It is in post 26. He was simple, direct, and folks respected his answer.

For another example, check out Mr. Tripp's response to a challenge to his lineage:

Odd claim against Mark Tripp's credentials, his response. - No BS Martial Arts

See, by being open and forthright, things go well. By being dishonest and evasive, you only raise suspicion.

I don't know if what you teach is any good, but I know how things appear in this thread.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/30/2009 9:06am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually Kinaton this portion:

Skippy does a thread summary on the 8th.
    Post #44
    Post #44

Evaluation of Sparring video ensues, sparring is deemed terrible.
    This is where U.Skippy, started the MABS thread to clear the connection, that Doug lied about, to Howard Popkins. His noobtown thread failed miserably no one took the bait.

Just so people understand that, this thread was going nowhere until, I purposely merged them to get Doug to post.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/30/2009 10:49am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sten View Post
    The way this should have been handled is this way:
    1. someone asks about a school
    2. you volunteer information if you have it
    3. you ask if anyone online has been there
    4.end of story
    Funny people told you they hadn't been there and to go check it out.
    THE END.

You decided to keep pressing the issue.
    You decided to provide false information.
    You decided to claim a false name.
    You decided to tie Mr. Popkins to the false name of Master P. Lan.

Fact: "go check out the school" was said in the second post.
    End Thread.

You kept lying.

Fact: You have no tie to Howard Popkins.

instead , it goes:
    2. people with no knowledge post their opinions
    3. noone at BS or posters bothered to contact me,even though contact info is available
    4.judgements were made from a 2 minute video made by a student
    5.insults and demands to know my arts lineage
    A lie. The second post stated go to your Basement. Another post said go to your Basement.
    What I find funny is your ranting about "come see me for credentials" while, in the same breathe, demanding our credentials.

What's funny is Howard Popkins, MTripp, and NoTeefa have done what you refuse to do. You know provide their Biographies.

HYPOCRITE=Doug Derenzo.

If anyone needs to know the lineage ,come visit.
    I can go to a thousand links, right now, and find the lineage of said instructors. I do not have to come for a visit so you can lie to my face.

If anyone doubts the quality of the training,come visit.
    You were told to do that twice. Learn how to read sten.
    This was before your rant.

In short, you are misleading people that come to your site for information
    Really? You are a liar.
    Do I need to show the helpful video on Aliveness that was posted?
    Do I need to show the explanation that Igi provided on sparring?
    You were helped you just came here with an agenda. You were the only one trying to mislead people.

. You took on the role of MA police, DO YOUR JOB, better yet, don't do your job, because the MA world doesn't need a group of unknown faces behind a keyboard telling them that A is right but B is wrong.
    We do our job fine. You failed miserably at proving your point. You started a fake thread, people correctly told you what to do, and you pounced when a person said the video was crap.

You said your self it was poorly filmed.

Most people are smart enough to decide for themselves.
    Then why do cults exist?
    Why do people still fall for the Somali check scam?
    Why do old people still get bilked out of their savings?
    Why do people go to unaccredited school to get degrees??

Quit lying.

People are not intelligent enough to make informed decisions without knowledge. No one is on this planet. That is why frauds steal billions of dollars world wide every year.

What qualifications does BS have to decide the quality of a school without attending the school and taking lessons?
    Quality wasn't an issue. No one said your school sucked until, you exposed yourself as a liar. Then the floodgates opened.
    Oh and again LOL@HYPOCRITE=DOUG DERENZO.

You are providing a service, you shouldn't be trying to hide your credentials. People here are stating OPINIONS.

According to you "Most people are smart enough to decide for themselves." So, if that is the case, why the worry about our credentials?

No one has that ability, this isn't 1939 Germany or the world of Orwell's 1984.
    Actually, you better go read 1984 again. America is a lot like the country in that book now. Cameras on every corner. The government listening into private phone calls, searching for keywords. Multiple use cameras for "traffic and ATM" helping to solve murders. The erosion of civil liberties thanks to 9/11. This is an entirely different topic.

I see no politeness and respect here , only hatred.
    Says the guy whose rant was one giant Ad-hominem attack.

A ton is coming from the arrogant poster named Sten who, has refereed to himself in the Third person multiple times.

I am glad I can be of assistance to The Martialist and others that are wrongfully bashed.
    Please do.

I'm glad to. Go ahead and align yourself with a bigot and a racist. You know, a guy whose own teacher outed him as a fraud. The guy who hates blacks, the homeless, minorities in General, and anyone that disagrees with his beliefs.

Wait What? "hates anyone that disagrees with his beliefs".Another reference to Orwell's 1984. I'm starting to notice you do many things related in that book. Very interesting.

So, I take it your are now "The Ministry of Truth." Do we need to be scared you are going to have us reeducated?

You have yet to address that issue in these posts. Just keep making fun of overweight people. That's really in the spirit of Martial Arts tradition and Budo Philosophy.
    You know nothing of Budo.

Everything you are crying about has been addressed, in multiple threads, all over this website, that prove you are a liar who still hasn't researched a single thread.

When you actually practice what you preach, then you can make demands.

This thread is hilarious. Everything you demand was done but, you want reactions exactly like 1984.

You want your way to be the right way and the only way.
    You want no one to disagree with you.
    You tell us how it should be.

Good lord, are you going to start burning books that don't agree with you and your assertions?

Trying to start a fire where one doesn't exist?
    Last edited by It is Fake; 5/30/2009 10:57am at .

Posted On:
    5/30/2009 2:14pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The way this should have been handled is this way:
    2. you volunteer information if you have it
    3. you ask if anyone online has been there
    4.end of story

instead , it goes:
    2. people with no knowledge post their opinions
    3. noone at BS or posters bothered to contact me,even though contact info is available
    4.judgements were made from a 2 minute video made by a student
    5.insults and demands to know my arts lineage

If anyone needs to know the lineage ,come visit. If anyone doubts the quality of the training,come visit.
    In short, you are misleading people that come to your site for information . You took on the role of MA police, DO YOUR JOB, better yet, don't do your job, because the MA world doesn't need a group of unknown faces behind a keyboard telling them that A is right but B is wrong.Most people are smart enough to decide for themselves. What qualifications does BS have to decide the quality of a school without attending the school and taking lessons? No one has that ability, this isn't 1939 Germany or the world of Orwell's 1984. I see no politeness and respect here , only hatred. I am glad I can be of assistance to The Martialist and others that are wrongfully bashed. You have yet to address that issue in these posts. Just keep making fun of overweight people. That's really in the spirit of Martial Arts tradition and Budo Philosophy.
    Oh boy what a cluster **** of Fallicious thinking.

1) People definitely do not know better. Thats a fact and a fact that goes both ways:
    a) People get duped because of a lack of knowledge about what martial arts are and what teachrs are supposed to provide...
    b) TEachers become whores to these false ideals and have to try to provide impossible things to students out of ignorance.

When a group moniters in a way that is conditionally hierarchical like here, it is good precisely because people have shown they consistantly get duped and that the snake oil proprieters use this and wind up fucking the real guys with skills that pay the bills.

Now a days when I get people who want to do Dillman and and other such nonsense I direct them here to "find a school." This place does a great service its just that if you happen to be a skillless bum you probably feel like this place is a threat to your livlihood.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/30/2009 2:55pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

you know nothing of budo

Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Funny people told you they hadn't been there and to go check it out.
    THE END.

You decided to keep pressing the issue.
    You decided to provide false information.
    You decided to claim a false name.
    You decided to tie Mr. Popkins to the false name of Master P. Lan.

Fact: "go check out the school" was said in the second post.
    End Thread.

You kept lying.

Fact: You have no tie to Howard Popkins.

A lie. The second post stated go to your Basement. Another post said go to your Basement.
    What I find funny is your ranting about "come see me for credentials" while, in the same breathe, demanding our credentials.

What's funny is Howard Popkins, MTripp, and NoTeefa have done what you refuse to do. You know provide their Biographies.

HYPOCRITE=Doug Derenzo.

I can go to a thousand links, right now, and find the lineage of said instructors. I do not have to come for a visit so you can lie to my face.

You were told to do that twice. Learn how to read sten.
    This was before your rant.

Really? You are a liar.
    Do I need to show the helpful video on Aliveness that was posted?
    Do I need to show the explanation that Igi provided on sparring?
    You were helped you just came here with an agenda. You were the only one trying to mislead people.

We do our job fine. You failed miserably at proving your point. You started a fake thread, people correctly told you what to do, and you pounced when a person said the video was crap.

You said your self it was poorly filmed.

Then why do cults exist?
    Why do people still fall for the Somali check scam?
    Why do old people still get bilked out of their savings?
    Why do people go to unaccredited school to get degrees??

Quit lying.

People are not intelligent enough to make informed decisions without knowledge. No one is on this planet. That is why frauds steal billions of dollars world wide every year.

Quality wasn't an issue. No one said your school sucked until, you exposed yourself as a liar. Then the floodgates opened.
    Oh and again LOL@HYPOCRITE=DOUG DERENZO.

You are providing a service, you shouldn't be trying to hide your credentials. People here are stating OPINIONS.

According to you "Most people are smart enough to decide for themselves." So, if that is the case, why the worry about our credentials?

Actually, you better go read 1984 again. America is a lot like the country in that book now. Cameras on every corner. The government listening into private phone calls, searching for keywords. Multiple use cameras for "traffic and ATM" helping to solve murders. The erosion of civil liberties thanks to 9/11. This is an entirely different topic.

Says the guy whose rant was one giant Ad-hominem attack.

A ton is coming from the arrogant poster named Sten who, has refereed to himself in the Third person multiple times.

Please do.

I'm glad to. Go ahead and align yourself with a bigot and a racist. You know, a guy whose own teacher outed him as a fraud. The guy who hates blacks, the homeless, minorities in General, and anyone that disagrees with his beliefs.

Wait What? "hates anyone that disagrees with his beliefs".Another reference to Orwell's 1984. I'm starting to notice you do many things related in that book. Very interesting.

So, I take it your are now "The Ministry of Truth." Do we need to be scared you are going to have us reeducated?

You know nothing of Budo.

Everything you are crying about has been addressed, in multiple threads, all over this website, that prove you are a liar who still hasn't researched a single thread.

When you actually practice what you preach, then you can make demands.

This thread is hilarious. Everything you demand was done but, you want reactions exactly like 1984.

You want your way to be the right way and the only way.
    You want no one to disagree with you.
    You tell us how it should be.

Good lord, are you going to start burning books that don't agree with you and your assertions?

Trying to start a fire where one doesn't exist?

On what basis can you say that I know nothing of Budo? AGAIN, ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF FALSE STATEMENTS BASED ON NO INFORMATION. THAT IS BULLSHIDO'S CREDO.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/30/2009 2:58pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

skillless bum

Quote Originally Posted by dsimon3387 View Post
    oh boy what a cluster **** of fallicious thinking.

1) people definitely do not know better. Thats a fact and a fact that goes both ways:
    A) people get duped because of a lack of knowledge about what martial arts are and what teachrs are supposed to provide...
    B) teachers become whores to these false ideals and have to try to provide impossible things to students out of ignorance.

When a group moniters in a way that is conditionally hierarchical like here, it is good precisely because people have shown they consistantly get duped and that the snake oil proprieters use this and wind up fucking the real guys with skills that pay the bills.

Now a days when i get people who want to do dillman and and other such nonsense i direct them here to "find a school." this place does a great service its just that if you happen to be a you skillless bumprobably feel like this place is a threat to your livlihood.

again another example. Skillless bum. Just insults.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/30/2009 3:05pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Insults at 2nd posting

Quote Originally Posted by melchizedek View Post
    haven't heard of it before man, but wow, that place looks absolutely ridiculous. "sensei doug" doesnt mention whom he trained under, where, etc. Both jiu jitsu and ninjitsu have lineages that are easily traceable. Additionally, few people train in sanda, so you should be able to "dig" a little further on that one as well. If you're set on studying here, i'd at least ask for some additional background info. Just my thoughts though . . .
    i guess saying that the place looks absolutely ridiculous is an unbiased,fair assessment? Ha! Typical bullshido.
    I realize that i won't succeed in changing anything here. Hopefully ,when people with sense read this, they will learn not to rely on this totally biased site full of teenager posters that have nothing better to do than rip on someone.
    Most of them would never say such things to someone face to face, it is easy to hide behind a keyboard and a fake name.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/30/2009 3:11pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

NAME

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
    Judging from the name, I would suspect that Mukashi no Jutsu is not terribly mukashi.
    Maybe someone with better Japanese can correct me, but I'm pretty sure "mukashi" is never used as a modifier; I've only ever heard it as a part of storytelling language, as "mukashi mukashi ni"... (the equivalent of "Once upon a time....")
    Regardless of what he's teaching, I'm calling shenanigans on the name.
    Go through your local yellowpages mccaw. green cloud school, chikara academy, american samurai school etc. A schools name has to meet your approval?

Posted On:
    5/30/2009 3:13pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    again another example. Skillless bum. Just insults.
    People who rely on a lack of infornation to perpetuate misinformation are... Good people?

Louis Brandeis- Sunlight is the best disinfectant... on that note not terribly long ago mr clean passed away may he rest in peace....

Teenagers huh? well between Tripp and I that is one hell of a case of arrested development as he mentioned a 50year time in and I am rapidly approaching 40 years into this misrable obsession called the martial arts. Why couldn't I have been a smart divorce lawyer instead.. into the maritial arts?

Heres the thing... when you post a video like you did it speaks volumes... When other consumers and other participants in the arts speak about you in the community is also speaks volumes....

Like Kinaitan told you and he is absolutely right... we are not a conspiracy... I for one am not popular on these forums... but together a picture emerges through everybody's collective insight and that is what is so good... Because students can become informed in the process, an educated consumer is a better consumer.

As much as I hate to prejudge you it is funny that you take such umbrage to that comment about a skilless bum. Think about why you would take such exception to such a comment... think hard. Maybe a new hobby is in the cards for you?
    Last edited by Dsimon3387; 5/30/2009 3:17pm at .
Page 11 of 56 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213141521 ... LastLast