Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/29/2009 6:53pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jujitsu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NoTeefa View Post
    You came to this site. You lied about your training. You did not train jiu-jitsu under Howard Popkin, but you still made that claim. Master P. Lan? You padded your resume with bullshido before you even came on here to perform your little "experiment". Why are you so surprised that we called bullshido on you?? You are the definition of Bullshido.
    Aren't you happy that your art now has its own MABS thread filled with people talking about how bad you and your students suck?
    And you wonder why I'm not interested in having an intelligent debate with you...
    Did you even study Jujutsu under anyone? Or did you just read a few books on the topic?

Bingo! I can't imagine anybody knocking on the door of your "dojo" after reading this thread. Nice going champ!
    No teef
    If you had any intelligence to understand what transpired, I posted as someone else as a ruse. Sensei Doug did not come on and say who he trained with. Look at the website to see that, maybe you should do a little reading.Experiment successful. This site is full of haters, not people interested in the promotion of the arts. Again, point proven. You state that I am the definition of Bullshido, yet you do not know me, my teachers, my art, or anything else concerned with Mukashi no Jutsu. What is your judgement based on? Some typing on a website? You dare to call that investigating fraud. What you perpurtrate is fraud. You rely on the opinions of any idiot that comments here.FRAUD with a capital F.If you are frustrated, go hit a heavy bag.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/29/2009 7:12pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interestingly enough you are worried about my day job while, you have been posting all day yourself.

Posted On:
    5/29/2009 7:29pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sten View Post
    No teef
    If you had any intelligence to understand what transpired, I posted as someone else as a ruse. Sensei Doug did not come on and say who he trained with. Look at the website to see that, maybe you should do a little reading.Experiment successful. This site is full of haters, not people interested in the promotion of the arts. Again, point proven. You state that I am the definition of Bullshido, yet you do not know me, my teachers, my art, or anything else concerned with Mukashi no Jutsu. What is your judgement based on? Some typing on a website? You dare to call that investigating fraud. What you perpurtrate is fraud. You rely on the opinions of any idiot that comments here.FRAUD with a capital F.If you are frustrated, go hit a heavy bag.
    that is reassuring....touche! Just out of curiosity who was that horrid video of then? Where did you find that? I have not seen such a farce since they did this investigation of a fat guy in Oklahoma who was conning people.... I want to borrow that video if I ever want to do the same thing here if I am investigated... may I?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2009 8:56pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No teef
    I stand corrected, you are fucking liar along with being a fucking idiot especially since you think you have done something good.

You have proved why this site is here, it is people like you in TMA that have duped people all for the mighty dollar and sending them out into the world to get their asses handed to them or killed.

IIF I was wrong in that PM, this should stay in MABS as opposed to Trollshido or YMAS just so anyone looking into joining his con job of a school will know the deal on this douchebag.
    Last edited by catfishaggie; 5/29/2009 9:01pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2009 9:26pm

Style: Hapkido, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mr. DeRenzo,

You should be aware that this thread is now the second hit on Google for both "Mukashi no Jutsu" and "Doug DeRenzo". You may think you've scored points against this forum; however, folks in your area who are evaluating schools will see you being dishonest, and see your school being sharply criticized. In the long term, I believe, you'll recieve more embarassement from this thread than us.

You'll notice that in an early posting I asked what your ranks, certifications, and lineage are. You did not respond. Future people reading this thread will wonder why not.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    5/30/2009 1:53am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A quick analysis of this thread to see if we dropped the ball:

This thread started May 2nd with a post from "Sten" asking if anyone had been to "Mukashi no Jutsu" on long island.

The first 2 replies say No, comment on the quantity of advertising and the lack of skill displayed in the videos found. With a recommendation that the original poster might want to take a closer look at the school before joining.

The third reply is from "Sten" again mentioning how good his old basement training was.
    Fourth reply is from Sten again, with a list of names.

The next post shows that apparently only one of the names on the list exist. The one name we do find appears to be a legit Jiujitsu guy.
    "Sten" again claiming to have found one of the names but providing no information or evidence about the name.

Mighty McClaw steps in with a comment that the Japanese of the name is flawed, which has no bearing on the fighting ability of the instructor or students.

Next Jefrey mentions that the video he found looked pretty louse, but goes on to say that you "Sten" should go there in person for a real evaluation. Also links to a Matt Thornton video to give "Sten" an idea of what good training is like.

At this point "Zen_Mind" enters the fray accusing us of "trash talking" at this point only 3 things have been mentioned, 1. Only one of the claimined trainers seems to exist, 2. The japanese in the name is improper, and 3. The one video we have doesn't look very good.

No trash talk so far. And in fact a recommendatio that "Sten" visit the school to make an evaluation.

Next a few questio sare asked of "Zen_Mind" and he doesn't asnwer them.

Ignatzi then explains how the process works and asks "Zen_Mind" if he can help us determine Doug's credentials.

"Zen_Mind" describes a class. Talks about how greast Doug is but doesn't provide any actual evidence of anything. Invites people to visit the school.

Mr. Popkin then appears, explains that Doug only trained with him for one day.

Ignatzi explains why the class described by "Zen_Mind" is not a the most effective way to learn to fight and requests that "Zen_Mind" provide further information on Doug's qualifications.

Melchizedik the suggest a possiblity for the name of the SANDA instructor, Another recommendatio to visit and thoroughly look at the school before joining.

Now members verify Mr. Popkins credentials (Who was very understanding and cooperative, Thank you very much sir.)

Skippy requests further details about the class described by Zen_Mind with further explanatio as to why injuring you training partners is counterproductive. Also explains that we are not attacking anyone, just trying to gather information to evaluate.

Mr. Popkin provides his info, Melchizedek suggests this indicates Doug is not a legitimately credentialed instructor, then Skippy suggests inviting Doug to the thread to clarify the issues.

Further verification of Mr. Poppkin, then 1point2 cautions people not to get carried away.

"Sten" posts a Street vs Sport post and begins to sound hostile. He states that Doug did not tell him that he trained under Poppkin, only that the styles were similar.

Skippy requests clarification. At this point the thread is only 5 days old. It has bee entirely driven by "Sten" and "Zen_Mind". We have verified that the only contactable reference for Doug so far confirms that Doug did NOT train under him. No judgement has been passed. Skippy is looking forward to "Sten" providing more information.

Skippy does a thread summary on the 8th. Post #44

Evaluation of Sparring video ensues, sparring is deemed terrible.

Issue is closed having never heard back from either of the two people who supposedly were on the scene and had access to Doug for questions.
    Fast forward 22 days and Mr. Popkin (whose name I keep messing up) asks if anyone ever got in touch with them. The threads get merged.

Now, "Sten" posts a giant wall of text and the rest of this silliness began.

There was no official investigation. The original poster was told to visit the school. The information provided by the poster and a student of the school was evaluated. It was determined that more informatio was needed but that currently the schools videos were poor and the instructor we could locate confirmed that Doug did not train with him. Requests to the OP and Zen_Mind for more information were ignored as both vanished.

No accusations were made by any bullshido members, only evaluations of the available evidence. An attempt was made to contact Sensei Doug through his student "Zen_Mind", but the thread had not gotten to the point of being an official investigation yet so there was not yet a list of issues to ask Sensei Doug about. The entire thread was on hold pending a report from the people supposedly there.

We do not engage in campaigns on the behalf of everyone who posts a question about a school here. We will do a little googling, make a few phone calls maybe, but the posters are expected to do their own leg work and present a body of evidence to the staff if they want a full investigation. Your thread ony contained some questions, some opinions about the school videos, and a clarification of your training with Mr. Popkins.
    Nothing positive was said about your school because nothing positive was seen.
    Had this become an official Bullshid Investigation, which it did not, you would have been contacted.

Conclusion: Bullshido did not drop the ball, Several posters discussed a potential school with a noob who turned out to be a troll.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2009 2:55am

Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you not understand what transpired here? I will explain it for you. I "pretended " to be a person looking for info on a school. I masquaraded as another person, as you do with the "It is Fake ' moniker. I actually train with John Yuan. I trained with Master Bryhan. What multiple named schools?The other names were ruses for BS "investigators" to discover. How would you have conducted this experiment? I see Bullshido does not like its own medicine. It is easy to sit at a laptop and invite anyone to comment about a school.I would like to see the majority of posters try to teach. The point of this exercise was to see if anyone would contact me to see for themselves or at least to discuss things. Instead all I received was the rude, unfounded comments and insults from people all over the country and world. I am not offended by the comments,as they have no base in fact. I just proved the point that The Martialist made. Perhaps if I was a paid advertiser here, I would get favorable comments. And how do you say the art wasn't insulted, "the sparring sucks, no methodologies, the name of the school is wrong, my students stances are wrong," etc etc etc. Think before you type. Is this your day job Fake?
    Lol, I seem to be the one of the few that can get a response out of you :ninja2: So I will ask another question...
    I trained with Master Bryhan.
    Yea? Who is Master Bryhan? How long did you train under him? Or is this another Ruse? Did he train you out of his basement or his mother's?
    Last edited by NoTeefa; 5/30/2009 3:05am at .

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    5/30/2009 5:23am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK, I will chime in on the main issue, yet again.

Someone made the style up, period. This always creates a whole host of problems; some of which are:

1. What was it made up from, and what skill level in those things did the creator have?

2. If you had real skill in a core system (Judo, TMA, Sambo, etc.) why not teach that system?

3. If you felt, and most make this claim, there were serious flaws in EVERY other system which forced you to create your own system, what do we use as proof your system really addresses the perceived "flaws?"

I can go on and on, but the point is made.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/30/2009 6:39am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jujitsu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The way this should have been handled is this way:
    1. someone asks about a school
    2. you volunteer information if you have it
    3. you ask if anyone online has been there
    4.end of story

instead , it goes:
    2. people with no knowledge post their opinions
    3. noone at BS or posters bothered to contact me,even though contact info is available
    4.judgements were made from a 2 minute video made by a student
    5.insults and demands to know my arts lineage

If anyone needs to know the lineage ,come visit. If anyone doubts the quality of the training,come visit.
    In short, you are misleading people that come to your site for information . You took on the role of MA police, DO YOUR JOB, better yet, don't do your job, because the MA world doesn't need a group of unknown faces behind a keyboard telling them that A is right but B is wrong.Most people are smart enough to decide for themselves. What qualifications does BS have to decide the quality of a school without attending the school and taking lessons? No one has that ability, this isn't 1939 Germany or the world of Orwell's 1984. I see no politeness and respect here , only hatred. I am glad I can be of assistance to The Martialist and others that are wrongfully bashed. You have yet to address that issue in these posts. Just keep making fun of overweight people. That's really in the spirit of Martial Arts tradition and Budo Philosophy.

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    5/30/2009 7:22am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK, let's do it your way...

<<<The way this should have been handled is this way:
    2. you volunteer information if you have it
    3. you ask if anyone online has been there
    4.end of story>>>>

Asserting yours is the only way things should be done, THAT is 1984.

<<<instead , it goes:
    2. people with no knowledge post their opinions
    3. noone at BS or posters bothered to contact me,even though contact info is available
    4.judgements were made from a 2 minute video made by a student
    5.insults and demands to know my arts lineage>>>

OK, and? 1 is true. 2 is simply not true. I am willing to bet a great deal of money that I (and there are many more here as well) have a great deal of knowledge, and far more than most. 3 is fatuous, you are here sir, you are contacted. 4, well what of it? If a better example exists, link it. Lacking that, its all we have.

5, well honest questions are not insult. You saying it does not make it so. As to linage, its a fair question and one EVERYONE here gets asked. I was asked it, and I provided it. Why is it such a problem for you?

<<<If anyone needs to know the lineage ,come visit. If anyone doubts the quality of the training,come visit.>>>

Again, a fatuous assertion. I am in Michigan, I have no intent to "come visit." Not posting the lineage is making me interested. Do notice I have not chimed in until now. So again, we all know the style is made up. I ma interested to know the skill level of the creator, and what was used in the creation. If you call that insult, I reject your premise. It is nothing more than an honest question.

<<<In short, you are misleading people that come to your site for information.>>>

You saying it does not make it so.

<<<You took on the role of MA police, DO YOUR JOB, better yet, don't do your job, because the MA world doesn't need a group of unknown faces behind a keyboard telling them that A is right but B is wrong.>>>

We are doing the job based on the information you are willing to provide. For the record, my name is Mark Tripp. Google it. I am not hiding, nor am I unknown. So, officially, what is YOUR background? What ranks do you hold, and in what? Mine are here for the world to see, where are yours?

<<<Most people are smart enough to decide for themselves.>>>

Phui. This site exists because they are not.

<<<What qualifications does BS have to decide the quality of a school without attending the school and taking lessons?>>>

How about 50 years of martial art study? I do not have to eat a **** burger to know I won't like it. We have enough evidence that when someone makes up their own style, is hazy on their linage, and gets REAL defensive when we ask questions.... well the name of this site is there for a reason.

<<<No one has that ability, this isn't 1939 Germany or the world of Orwell's 1984.>>>

Indeed, which is why we question and fact check everything around here. Why do you think you should be treated differently?

<<<I see no politeness and respect here , only hatred.>>>

I do not agree with your use of "hatred." Honest questions are not hating anything. As for respect, interesting, you make up your own style but then want to play the "martial art tradition" card? Polite? I'll grant you that one, but it kinda goes out the window when people are being debunked.

<<,I am glad I can be of assistance to The Martialist and others that are wrongfully bashed. You have yet to address that issue in these posts.>>>

Answer my questions, and I will be more than happy to.

<<<Just keep making fun of overweight people.>>>

I haven't; been on the receiving end of it for some time. Again, its part of the internet, but...

<<<That's really in the spirit of Martial Arts tradition and Budo Philosophy.>>>

From someone who made up their own style, and promoted themselves to grandmaster.....

Says it all really.
Page 10 of 56 FirstFirst ... 678910 1112131420 ... LastLast