Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    5/08/2009 4:20pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesperus View Post
    If it's a picture perfect savate kick, we should at least label it as such.

This is a chasse bas, for those that don't know.
    Well, it's also a muaythai technique. And a wing chun technique. I think he must have been training in wing chun to have learned it.

It really irritates me when people aim that kick at the knee in sparring, which people do a lot because they're stupid. In a fight, kicks directly to the knee joint are just going to happen regardless of whether or not that's the intended target. I'm sure someone somewhere has had their knee blown because of it, but that's just the name of the game when you have kicks to the legs. Intentionally going after someone's knee does seem like a real prick thing to do, though. It may not be an instant career ender, but cumulative damage to the knee is probably going to cause some problems over time.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Posted On:
    5/08/2009 7:31pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think Mir, if he can avoid the take down, should throw some kicks into Lesnar's knees. Slow the big fella down and it'll make him a lot less dangerous.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2009 7:34pm

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What about kicking knees defensively

if you can see a kick coming and your reflex is sharp so instead of blocking it with your shin you decide to stomp it out, is that still a jerk move ?

(because i like front kicks to the thigh and stomps :hitlerdan)

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/11/2009 7:02am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: bjj, mma, muay thai, csw

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I always thought of actual fights quite differently than training. I would never intentionally knee kick someone in training but in a fight if its legal and its available.

Still fascinated how Anderson Silva gets away with putting people in a triangle and downward striking with his elbow till the guy's face is marshmellow and how that never gets stopped.

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    5/11/2009 7:53am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mmaftl View Post
    Still fascinated how Anderson Silva gets away with putting people in a triangle and downward striking with his elbow till the guy's face is marshmellow and how that never gets stopped.
    By 'people' you mean Travis Lutter? He didn't have much facial damage after that fight, not least because the strikes in question mostly landed on top of his head. It was also explained that the 'downwards' in the rule refers to striking vertically towards the floor only.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123