Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/07/2009 1:38pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    Once his teeth got knocked out, he'd lost his "warrior spirit" as Ken Shamrock would put it.
    Did you see the expression on his face when Henderson tried to cheer him up? "Soon you're gonna look just like me!" :icon_eek:

Slipping coal into stockings with a little sumptin for mom.

Posted On:
    5/07/2009 2:46pm

Style: Rehab Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by indy007 View Post
    Every season needs a Leben/Junie, or it's just not reality TV.
    Junie versus 2 fights per show?
    hmm.
    Junie versus 2 fights per show?
    Ya know. I'm just not getting why that is a question?

Posted On:
    5/07/2009 10:43pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The two fights per episode/lack of drama is what is making me watch this season. I was pleasently surprised when Dollar was honest about being nervous and didn't spout off the usual pre-fight trash talk.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    5/08/2009 12:39am

supporting member
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At first I was liking two fights per show, but now it seems like we're still not getting more coverage of the training. Personally, my favorite non-fight part of the show is seeing the training methods and listening to the coaches' advice.

I was angry that Stapleton lost, both because I think he had a good chance of winning the tournament and because I'm pretty certain Dollar's win was mostly due to that right which landed on the top (maybe the back) of Stapleton's head.

It never seems to happen in MMA, and there might be a reason for that, but I want tighter officiating such that the ref would've called for a time out after that right landed. In other words, I think the blow to the head should've been treated like a low blow--you're allowed time to recover from an illegal blow. Official rules to that effect might very well ruin the flow of some fights, but I hate to see someone lose because they were rocked by an illegal blow.

The second fight was wonderful in terms of give and take, though I was yelling at Wilkes to keep his hands up by the second round. I come off as a jackass in these TUF threads when I talk about wanting to correct fighters but, similar to what I said earlier, I hate to see someone knocked out because they left their hands down. Actually, I pretty much want to see them KTFO'd if their hands are down due to some kind of showboating.

As much as I'm glad that they let Lester finish the fight, Bisping had a solid argument: there are rules about not being able to answer the bell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    cuz FastPass on Indiana Jones was like being a ghetto rock star.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiko
    But graffiti isn't a bowl of fruit...
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstafarian View Post
    Merely insulting you is not an ad hominem fallacy: them calling you an idiot would be ad hominem if they said "You are an idiot, therefore your argument is invalid."

What is instead happening is thus:
    1. Your argument is bullshit.
    2. You keep repeating, and expanding upon, your argument.
    3. Therefore, you are an idiot.

That isn't an ad hominem fallacy; that's inductive reasoning.

Posted On:
    5/08/2009 12:42am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Robstafarian,

I agree completely on us not seeing as much training footage as previous seasons. We've seen a little of Bisping working with his guys but virtually none of Dan. That's really my only complaint this season.

Posted On:
    5/08/2009 5:12am

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hope this Season keeps this format up, its been by far the most entertaining season yet. Although i think its missing the tension that normally exists between the two coaches.
    (Hughes vs Serra or Ortiz vs Shamrock come to mind)

I'm suprised Stapleton lost i thought he was going to be a serious contender to win the show. He's certainly much more of an athlete than Dollar.

The second fight was fairly close although it was pretty obvious Wilkes had the better ground game.

Keeping you safe from Mongolians

Posted On:
    5/08/2009 9:48am

Style: Sanda/Taijiquan *Hiatus*

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought Stapleton should have come out more aggressively. Dollar was definately scared of Martin and had a total lack of stand up training. Martin should have capitalised on that by getting in his face and putting him under pressure, I think he gave Dollar too much time to relax into the fight.

Posted On:
    5/08/2009 10:07am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstafarian View Post
    I was angry that Stapleton lost, both because I think he had a good chance of winning the tournament and because I'm pretty certain Dollar's win was mostly due to that right which landed on the top (maybe the back) of Stapleton's head.
    I heard the announcer say something about him being rocked or something, but I have it Tivo'd and I watched replays on that a bunch of times. There was no solid right hand from Dollar. He threw a right that Stapleton was ducking under for a takedown - there was incidental contact from it. After that he completed the takedown and didn't capitalize.

Posted On:
    5/08/2009 10:13am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulain View Post
    I thought Stapleton should have come out more aggressively. Dollar was definately scared of Martin and had a total lack of stand up training. Martin should have capitalised on that by getting in his face and putting him under pressure, I think he gave Dollar too much time to relax into the fight.
    Dollar was not "scared of Martin". He was honestly talking about pre-fight jitters. Scared in general. Nervous. Dollar doesn't have "total lack of stand up training". He just has better wrestling and ground game. Which Stapleton was a complete non-factor on the ground. He got a takedown, then LET HIS OPPONENT STAND UP immediately. Dollar's judo throw into side control was nice. But Stapleton couldn't mount any kind of ground defense, got mounted, got back mounted, and couldn't defend the RNC. He needs some better basic ground skills.

Posted On:
    5/08/2009 10:15am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On the second fight, I thought Lester got dominated start to finish.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast