218358 Bullies, 7795 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 33
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Barrett is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Nome, AK
    Posts
    177

    Posted On:
    5/07/2009 1:38pm


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    Once his teeth got knocked out, he'd lost his "warrior spirit" as Ken Shamrock would put it.
    Did you see the expression on his face when Henderson tried to cheer him up? "Soon you're gonna look just like me!" :icon_eek:
  2. HappyOldGuy is offline
    HappyOldGuy's Avatar

    Slipping coal into stockings with a little sumptin for mom.

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,825

    Posted On:
    5/07/2009 2:46pm


     Style: Rehab Fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by indy007 View Post
    Every season needs a Leben/Junie, or it's just not reality TV.
    Junie versus 2 fights per show?
    hmm.
    Junie versus 2 fights per show?
    Ya know. I'm just not getting why that is a question?
  3. C.E.G is offline

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Guam
    Posts
    6

    Posted On:
    5/07/2009 10:43pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: FMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The two fights per episode/lack of drama is what is making me watch this season. I was pleasently surprised when Dollar was honest about being nervous and didn't spout off the usual pre-fight trash talk.
  4. Robstafarian is offline
    Robstafarian's Avatar

    Middleweight

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Chesterfield, VA
    Posts
    1,827

    Posted On:
    5/08/2009 12:39am

    supporting member
     Style: None

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At first I was liking two fights per show, but now it seems like we're still not getting more coverage of the training. Personally, my favorite non-fight part of the show is seeing the training methods and listening to the coaches' advice.

    I was angry that Stapleton lost, both because I think he had a good chance of winning the tournament and because I'm pretty certain Dollar's win was mostly due to that right which landed on the top (maybe the back) of Stapleton's head.

    It never seems to happen in MMA, and there might be a reason for that, but I want tighter officiating such that the ref would've called for a time out after that right landed. In other words, I think the blow to the head should've been treated like a low blow--you're allowed time to recover from an illegal blow. Official rules to that effect might very well ruin the flow of some fights, but I hate to see someone lose because they were rocked by an illegal blow.

    The second fight was wonderful in terms of give and take, though I was yelling at Wilkes to keep his hands up by the second round. I come off as a jackass in these TUF threads when I talk about wanting to correct fighters but, similar to what I said earlier, I hate to see someone knocked out because they left their hands down. Actually, I pretty much want to see them KTFO'd if their hands are down due to some kind of showboating.

    As much as I'm glad that they let Lester finish the fight, Bisping had a solid argument: there are rules about not being able to answer the bell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    cuz FastPass on Indiana Jones was like being a ghetto rock star.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiko
    But graffiti isn't a bowl of fruit...
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstafarian View Post
    Merely insulting you is not an ad hominem fallacy: them calling you an idiot would be ad hominem if they said "You are an idiot, therefore your argument is invalid."

    What is instead happening is thus:
    1. Your argument is bullshit.
    2. You keep repeating, and expanding upon, your argument.
    3. Therefore, you are an idiot.

    That isn't an ad hominem fallacy; that's inductive reasoning.
  5. C.E.G is offline

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Guam
    Posts
    6

    Posted On:
    5/08/2009 12:42am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: FMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Robstafarian,

    I agree completely on us not seeing as much training footage as previous seasons. We've seen a little of Bisping working with his guys but virtually none of Dan. That's really my only complaint this season.
  6. Kambei Shimada is offline
    Kambei Shimada's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Surrey-England
    Posts
    1,385

    Posted On:
    5/08/2009 5:12am


     Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hope this Season keeps this format up, its been by far the most entertaining season yet. Although i think its missing the tension that normally exists between the two coaches.
    (Hughes vs Serra or Ortiz vs Shamrock come to mind)

    I'm suprised Stapleton lost i thought he was going to be a serious contender to win the show. He's certainly much more of an athlete than Dollar.

    The second fight was fairly close although it was pretty obvious Wilkes had the better ground game.
  7. Cuchulain is offline

    Keeping you safe from Mongolians

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,326

    Posted On:
    5/08/2009 9:48am


     Style: Sanda/Taijiquan *Hiatus*

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought Stapleton should have come out more aggressively. Dollar was definately scared of Martin and had a total lack of stand up training. Martin should have capitalised on that by getting in his face and putting him under pressure, I think he gave Dollar too much time to relax into the fight.
  8. chingythingy is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,166

    Posted On:
    5/08/2009 10:07am


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstafarian View Post
    I was angry that Stapleton lost, both because I think he had a good chance of winning the tournament and because I'm pretty certain Dollar's win was mostly due to that right which landed on the top (maybe the back) of Stapleton's head.
    I heard the announcer say something about him being rocked or something, but I have it Tivo'd and I watched replays on that a bunch of times. There was no solid right hand from Dollar. He threw a right that Stapleton was ducking under for a takedown - there was incidental contact from it. After that he completed the takedown and didn't capitalize.
  9. chingythingy is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,166

    Posted On:
    5/08/2009 10:13am


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulain View Post
    I thought Stapleton should have come out more aggressively. Dollar was definately scared of Martin and had a total lack of stand up training. Martin should have capitalised on that by getting in his face and putting him under pressure, I think he gave Dollar too much time to relax into the fight.
    Dollar was not "scared of Martin". He was honestly talking about pre-fight jitters. Scared in general. Nervous. Dollar doesn't have "total lack of stand up training". He just has better wrestling and ground game. Which Stapleton was a complete non-factor on the ground. He got a takedown, then LET HIS OPPONENT STAND UP immediately. Dollar's judo throw into side control was nice. But Stapleton couldn't mount any kind of ground defense, got mounted, got back mounted, and couldn't defend the RNC. He needs some better basic ground skills.
  10. chingythingy is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,166

    Posted On:
    5/08/2009 10:15am


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On the second fight, I thought Lester got dominated start to finish.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.