221989 Bullies, 4201 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/06/2009 7:55pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

TUF 9 Episode 6 Discussion

Marginally related picture:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/06/2009 10:15pm

Style: Internet Warrior, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    shogun's gas tank eh? i think i may have found our hybrid fighter's achilles heel.

first fight... good back control by cameron and finishing the rnc.

second fight... was kind of disappointed the american only got subbed and didn't get ktfo'ed.

Posted On:
    5/07/2009 7:19am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Once his teeth got knocked out, he'd lost his "warrior spirit" as Ken Shamrock would put it.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/07/2009 7:49am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I suck at striking, but if I am winning the standing exchange (like in both fights) why the hell would I try and take the person down?

As an aside, why is it alot of these fighters seem to lack stamina? Do you think it is nerves, lack of training, etc?
    There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/07/2009 9:31am

Style: Boxing, JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrijl View Post
    I suck at striking, but if I am winning the standing exchange (like in both fights) why the hell would I try and take the person down?

As an aside, why is it alot of these fighters seem to lack stamina? Do you think it is nerves, lack of training, etc?
    I think it's nerves and "the house" being a bad place to try to prepare for a fight AND not knowing very far in advance when you have to make weight and fight. No one ever looks as bad in a real fight as they do on the show.

I didn't think that Stapelton was doing that well on his feet (it looked like he totally froze), but Wilkes was owning Toothless when he kept his hands up. He also owned him on the ground, but he hardly missed on the feet.

I'm guessing that this season isn't as popular as others, because the sort of ironic hubris displayed in this episode would have made for a ten pager in previous seasons. I'm not sure why; they're showing way more fights and way less drama than usual.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    5/07/2009 9:47am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I felt bad for the losers of both fights. Usually when I watch this show I'm thrilled that a jackass got beat up. There is no one to hate this season and it is hurting ratings I think.

Posted On:
    5/07/2009 10:02am

Style: Much striking, SAMBO, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Einstein McFly View Post
    I think it's nerves and "the house" being a bad place to try to prepare for a fight AND not knowing very far in advance when you have to make weight and fight. No one ever looks as bad in a real fight as they do on the show.

I didn't think that Stapelton was doing that well on his feet (it looked like he totally froze), but Wilkes was owning Toothless when he kept his hands up. He also owned him on the ground, but he hardly missed on the feet.

I'm guessing that this season isn't as popular as others, because the sort of ironic hubris displayed in this episode would have made for a ten pager in previous seasons. I'm not sure why; they're showing way more fights and way less drama than usual.
    I'm thinking these guys have watched previous shows and thought: "Man we are not going to be those guys." -- so yes less drama and more fights; general audience will hate it, but those that actually train will get more out of it seeing training sessions and fights.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/07/2009 12:41pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I find it kinda ironic how the american team was joking around about knocking the british fighter's tooth and giving frank ( i think that was the american fighter's name) a $100 for each tooth and then the american dude gets 4 of his teeth knocked out by a brutal knee.
    Last edited by 13ringinheat; 5/07/2009 12:45pm at .

Posted On:
    5/07/2009 1:08pm

Style: Pekiti, ARMA, other stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lionknight View Post
    I'm thinking these guys have watched previous shows and thought: "Man we are not going to be those guys." -- so yes less drama and more fights; general audience will hate it, but those that actually train will get more out of it seeing training sessions and fights.
    The ratings aren't any worse than most of the seasons.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/07/2009 1:18pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark View Post
    I felt bad for the losers of both fights. Usually when I watch this show I'm thrilled that a jackass got beat up. There is no one to hate this season and it is hurting ratings I think.
    Every season needs a Leben/Junie, or it's just not reality TV.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast