Page 12 of 16 First ... 28910111213141516 Last
  1. #111
    Kintanon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Athens, Ga
    Posts
    5,682
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You do realize that civil arbitration under a religious code doesn't require a LAW TO BE PASSED to allow it right? If muslims want to arbitrate their CIVIL disputes under Sharia law then they can get together and do that without any kind of legal statute being passed.
    Now, if they think that means they can "arbitrate" the stoning of unmarried girls for having sex then they are going to find themselves being "persecuted" right into prison for violating the actual laws that are in place to protect people from bullshit like that.

    So, if no law is needed to allow civil disputes to be mediated under Sharia law if both parties agree then why are there muslims groups pushing for the application of Sharia law to non-muslims in EU countries?

    Remember, this is a law that says it's A-OK to beat the **** out of your daughter for dating a non-muslim.
    http://www.metimes.com/International...he_world/1119/

    Sharia law is a fucking human rights violation, and if you don't see that you're a sick bastard.

  2. #112
    UpaLumpa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Descending into absurdity
    Posts
    6,977
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    Sharia law is a fucking human rights violation, and if you don't see that you're a sick bastard.
    The question was more about there being any real likelihood of that happening.

  3. #113
    Kintanon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Athens, Ga
    Posts
    5,682
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Allowing the full extent of Sharia law to be applied to muslims is also a human rights violation and should be pursued as such.
    The UK has 5 Sharia courts now and pretty much seems to be rolling over for the radical muslim community and allowing them to beat their wives/daughters with no reprecussions.

  4. #114

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,131
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa View Post
    The question was more about there being any real likelihood of that happening.
    The likelihood of that varies from location to location. The Shaw valley in Pakistan is a little more likely than West Virginia.
    Last edited by Tom .C; 5/11/2009 2:34pm at . Reason: ditched a typo...sorry

  5. #115
    BadUglyMagic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    387
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lu Tze View Post
    No, like most of the EU, and the United States.

    As has already been stated, a similar system of voluntary arbitration already exists for Jewish people. Are you ignorant of this fact, or just conveniently ignoring it?
    No where in the posts is the existence of that system questioned. I was responding in part to the below:

    Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy
    Would you guys please STFU about Sharia Law already. It is no different than the judaic law or catholic canon law that is already in place and being practiced in every country where butthurt bigots are whining about Sharia.


    Please reread my previous posts.

  6. #116
    BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer. Join us... or die

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    W. Yorks, UK
    Posts
    5,009
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    Allowing the full extent of Sharia law to be applied to muslims is also a human rights violation and should be pursued as such.
    The UK has 5 Sharia courts now and pretty much seems to be rolling over for the radical muslim community and allowing them to beat their wives/daughters with no reprecussions.
    Your fucking ignorance is astounding, assault is a criminal matter, and no amount of "voluntary civil arbitration" will protect someone from the legal repercussions. What will protect someone is the victim's ignorance of their protections under British law, but that is an entirely different matter.

    Functionally sharia is identical to halacha in this case (as in, not my opinion, but actually in the eyes of British legal system). To ignore the existence of one, while shouting at the top of your fucking lungs that the sky is falling about the other is nothing but pure unadulterated prejudice.

    I can't speak for other EU countries, because as you may know, Europe is not one homogeneous fucking mass, but actually a collection of independent states (who knew!!!1)... But that's how it works here in the UK. I'm not exactly happy with it, but I'm also not convinced "they" are taking over either.

  7. #117
    BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer. Join us... or die

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    W. Yorks, UK
    Posts
    5,009
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BadUglyMagic View Post
    Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy
    Would you guys please STFU about Sharia Law already. It is no different than the judaic law or catholic canon law that is already in place and being practiced in every country where butthurt bigots are whining about Sharia.


    Please reread my previous posts.
    Yeah, and your main argument seems to be "THEY'LL STONE GURLS TO DEATH AND CHOP OFF MUH HANDSIES OH NOES!!11!"

    That's not going to happen, all that **** is in the old testament too, but we live in civilised countries where that **** just won't fly (unless you're CIA).

  8. #118
    Hedgehogey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    5,330
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa View Post
    HH,
    Unfortunately the reality is that many of the pirates are not poor, displaced fishermen. Pirating has been common in the area off and on for a long time. Regardless, the answer to the potential dumping of waste and overfishing (usually according to some legal contract albeit a complete disregard for tragedy of the commons effects) is not to hold hostage the crew of a ship that is delivering food and aid.

    Wether this is a sustainable, long term solution is kindof a moot point. I don't think anyone's arguing that. What clearly also isn't the solution, however, is an increased military presence. Restitution must be paid to the people of Somalia first. You cannot talk about stopping piracy until there are viable economic alternatives.


    "The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

    RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

    THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

    It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

  9. #119
    Hedgehogey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    5,330
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So in all this talk of human rights violation, why aren't the bans on Hijaab being discussed?


    "The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

    RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

    THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

    It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

  10. #120
    Kintanon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Athens, Ga
    Posts
    5,682
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lu Tze View Post
    Your fucking ignorance is astounding, assault is a criminal matter, and no amount of "voluntary civil arbitration" will protect someone from the legal repercussions. What will protect someone is the victim's ignorance of their protections under British law, but that is an entirely different matter.

    Functionally sharia is identical to halacha in this case (as in, not my opinion, but actually in the eyes of British legal system). To ignore the existence of one, while shouting at the top of your fucking lungs that the sky is falling about the other is nothing but pure unadulterated prejudice.

    I can't speak for other EU countries, because as you may know, Europe is not one homogeneous fucking mass, but actually a collection of independent states (who knew!!!1)... But that's how it works here in the UK. I'm not exactly happy with it, but I'm also not convinced "they" are taking over either.
    How much of this is inaccurate?
    http://www.politicalislam.com/blog/a...of-sharia-law/

    Assuming the above is substantially accurate:
    Are you trying to tell me that the muslims who wish to operate under Sharia law DO NOT actually wish to follow the parts of the law regarding beating their wives, Murdering artists, murdering people who practice other religions, etc... etc...?

    It's also not a matter of "taking over" it's the fact that even if you just let them practice sharia law in their own communities that women will be marginalized to an extreme, not to mention physically abused, and you will have a community of people who are commanded by their religion to HATE non muslims.

    How does anyone see this as being ok?

Page 12 of 16 First ... 28910111213141516 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO