Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/04/2009 3:05pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Questions for Bullshido LEOs

Ever since I was 18 or so, I've been on and off considering joining the police force, and considering my dissatisfaction in my current job, my interest is starting to get kinda strong. Can some of you tell me about it? I know the job obviously isn't an episode of CSI, so I was hoping to get some information from real sources. Also, how do you go about getting the ball rolling if you want to apply?

I THINK this is the proper forum for this...

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    5/04/2009 3:21pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    not an LEO, but my rabbi tells a good joke.

a guy worked at walmart as a cashier and hated his job/life. he complained, the days are long, shifts are on crappy hours, and the pay is terrible.
    so he joins the police force.

a month later his friends ask how he's doing. he says life is amazing and wonderful.
    they ask about his job.
    he says, the days are long, shifts are on crappy hours, and the pay is terrible.
    they say, "thats what you said about walmart, how come life is so good now?"
    he says, "because now, the customer is always WRONG".
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/05/2009 9:40am

Style: Arnis, judo, Taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Sigma View Post
    Ever since I was 18 or so, I've been on and off considering joining the police force, and considering my dissatisfaction in my current job, my interest is starting to get kinda strong. Can some of you tell me about it? I know the job obviously isn't an episode of CSI, so I was hoping to get some information from real sources. Also, how do you go about getting the ball rolling if you want to apply?

I THINK this is the proper forum for this...
    Neo,

I was a 911 operator for about 4 years. I then worked for a private company doing the same type of thing. I have lots of friends who when from the phone to the badge and vise versa. Some advice my father who was a police office gave me helped me make my decision. I remember this like it was yesterday because it seemed so profound.

"Son when I was a cop it was the best and worst part of my life. I worked 16 hours a day if i was lucky, then we would do training and other stuff most days off. I spent a lot of time away from your mom and your sister. I also spent a lot of time doing a good amount of things that helped this city and county. I don't regret my 7 years of drinking bad coffee and catching dirt bags. I was happy to leave though because as soon as I would get a head (make sargent ect) You always started back at the bottom doing the **** work. I just decided after a while it was not what I wanted any more."

Hope that helps you.

Posted On:
    5/05/2009 9:48am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    realpolice.com and 911policeforums are good resources. USAJOBS.com is where you should go to look at federal jobs. PM me if you are interested in the US Marshals service.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/05/2009 9:59am

Style: Not sure anymore

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by white_kimbo View Post
    not an LEO, but my rabbi tells a good joke.

a guy worked at walmart as a cashier and hated his job/life. he complained, the days are long, shifts are on crappy hours, and the pay is terrible.
    so he joins the police force.

a month later his friends ask how he's doing. he says life is amazing and wonderful.
    they ask about his job.
    he says, the days are long, shifts are on crappy hours, and the pay is terrible.
    they say, "thats what you said about walmart, how come life is so good now?"
    he says, "because now, the customer is always WRONG".

ROFLMAO!! :XXphyhsas

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    5/05/2009 10:06am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i spoke with a client who is LEO and mentioned that i "knew" somebody thinking of becoming a cop.

he said, "yeah be a cop, it's awesome when you get off of a 12 hour night shift with just enough time to go to the denny's and get some eggs and coffee before you have to go to traffic court for all the d-bags you gave tickets to that think you wont show up to testify against them." he continued with, "then, you get home for about 4 hours of sleep so you can turn around and go back to what is supposed to be an 8 hour shift, but you know it wont be less than 10 because of processing the paperwork for the morons you arrested because they were smoking a joint while you were writing them a speeding ticket."
    then he closed with, "tell your buddy that it makes you feel AWESOME when you get called a motherfucking pig by the exact same people who will come crying to you when their neighbor decides to back over their mail box."

i can haz b a kop naow?!?!?!
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/05/2009 10:08am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To the OP:

I've said this before and will do so again...the good pay, great hours, low stress, and general public adoration makes the job great!!

In all seriousness though should you get a LEO position, don't let yourself become complacent. In other words stay in shape...when stressed out about the job don't resort to bad diet and or beer drinking as a stress relief!! Physically train...and train hard instead!!

Also try to avoid the "malcontents" and negative (know it all types) of people you are bound to work with from time to time.

Good luck!! :car8:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/05/2009 10:11am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by white_kimbo View Post
    i can haz b a kop naow?!?!?!

Yes!! But being The Batman would be a lot cooler! :car8:

Posted On:
    5/05/2009 2:58pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I have no illusions about the public admiration I'd receive. You guys have definitely given me some things to think about.

Posted On:
    5/08/2009 1:11pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If your local police department or sheriff's office does this, try to go on a few ride along with their officers. It is the best way to find out what the actual job is like.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast