Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/05/2009 12:32am

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This style of training is only effective if you're going to fight a car. Duh.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/05/2009 7:51pm

Style: Chinese Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cuatro76 View Post
    This style of training is only effective if you're going to fight a car. Duh.
    Yeah, but you only get the big points when you make the car explode from all the flutter kicks you do to the body.

Posted On:
    5/05/2009 8:26pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've seen it used for eskrima. It makes sense there since the tires could probably take stick and sword beatings better than a heavybag could.
    "The pedant is he who finds it impossible to read criticism of himself without immediately reaching for his pen and replying to the effect that the accusation is a gross insult to his person. He is, in effect, a man unable to laugh at himself."Sigmund Freud, The Ego and the Id.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/05/2009 10:05pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Onr3e View Post
    Well i assumed you kick it as well since you are training muay thai, if you cant kick the tyres but dont have a heavy bag, then what are you suppose to kick? I don't see how a tyre setup is more effectiev than a bag setup if you can't kick it.

And for the alternative if your been sarcastic: You can't wear gloves on your shins.
    I don't think you do kick it.

Did it never occur to you that although Muay Thai uses 8 limbs, they work on them seperatly at times?

Posted On:
    5/05/2009 10:14pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, I didn't think id actually need to explicitly state that i'd be wearing gloves, but yes, i would be(shin pads for shins). Also, I forgot to mention the one I saw has extra layer of padding with duct tape all over it providing further cushion (not too thick though).

Last_Samurai, thanks for your input. I can def see how one might be more susceptible to injury using tires as practice if using bad form.

Onr3e, you can actually use it for kicks as well (I have done it), but i doubt it would help increase kicking strength. I was thinking of setting one up because I have spare car tires, and it would be cheaper than buying a heavy bag (plus it'd be fun to set up).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/05/2009 10:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fun to set up... ... right...

Have fun, anyway, dude.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/05/2009 10:41pm

Style: MT noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Last_Samurai View Post
    I don't think you do kick it.

Did it never occur to you that although Muay Thai uses 8 limbs, they work on them seperatly at times?
    Did it not occur to you that OP most likely wouldnt want both a heavy bag and tyres hanging from his roof, therefore making a tyre setup **** compared to a heavy bag setup where he can both kick and punch?
    stop trying to be a smartass samurai

OP: Why wear shinpads when you kick, it's better to not wear shinpads allowing you to condition your shins and kick a heavy bag than wearing shinpads and kicking tyres.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/05/2009 10:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Onr3e View Post
    Did it not occur to you that OP most likely wouldnt want both a heavy bag and tyres hanging from his roof, therefore making a tyre setup **** compared to a heavy bag setup where he can both kick and punch?
    stop trying to be a smartass samurai
    You're dumb.

There is nothing wrong with having multiple exercise stations if each one benefits a specific aspect.

No one single bag will suit every need, either. If you get serious you're going to want multiple bags.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/05/2009 10:56pm

Style: MT noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Last_Samurai View Post
    You're dumb.

There is nothing wrong with having multiple exercise stations if each one benefits a specific aspect.

No one single bag will suit every need, either. If you get serious you're going to want multiple bags.
    He's setting this up at his house u moronic larper, it's safer to make an assumption that his mum probably wouldn't want 20 different bags hanging from his garage roof.

He doesn't want to pay for his first new bag to save money, do you think he is that serious to get multiple bags and exercise stations?

You said that you can't kick tyres, so how is that going to benefit the OP if he wants to train both punching and kicking? Tell him to buy a bag? That defeats the purpose of him saving money by using tyres.

Think before you type dip ****.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/05/2009 11:05pm

Style: FMA BJJ Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danniboi07 View Post
    I've seen it used for eskrima. It makes sense there since the tires could probably take stick and sword beatings better than a heavybag could.
    They do work great for sticks.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast