Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Pulling mount since '09

Posted On:
    5/20/2009 6:36pm

Style: jits da variedade brasile

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yarr!!! More glorious victory! You BJJhadists make this crap look so easy, I still am figuring out how the hell to relax with 200+ lbs of fatguy on top of me.

The only thing I would toss out there for your consideration is your standing posture. You seem to prefer standing more upright and high. I was comparing your posture vs. rasslin' dude in the first video, I think he was standing excessively low, which can wear on one after a bit, whereas you were mostly almost straight up. If you lower your stance some and can do it comfortably and relaxed consistently, hopefully you will find that you have more springing power and speed. That's at least been my experience so far. The few times I've had good single leg takedowns like your opponent had in the first vid were under similiar situations; I was lower and used that to shoot in quickly against my opponents who were postured up higher and more straight. Likewise I find that if I'm lower and someone shoots on me, I can back out or frame up much more quickly to resist the attempt.

Just something to maybe consider. Also your wife hollering at you is funny and awesome.

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    5/20/2009 11:22pm

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Whacker View Post
    The only thing I would toss out there for your consideration is your standing posture. You seem to prefer standing more upright and high. (snip) If you lower your stance some and can do it comfortably and relaxed consistently, hopefully you will find that you have more springing power and speed. That's at least been my experience so far.
    Yeah, my standing game sucks.

I need to change levels, force him to step, or if I can't get anything within 10 seconds, pull him into my guard (pulling does not give 2 points if he isn't driving forward). From there I can get to work.

I have an hour Judo class each week at my school that I've been doing and will ask him about no gi takedowns and throws to see how it translates.

GET ON TOP!!!!

(I love my wife :-)

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    5/21/2009 6:56am

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Skippy View Post
    ...I have an hour Judo class each week at my school that I've been doing and will ask him about no gi takedowns and throws to see how it translates...
    You only go to no-gi comps?

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    5/21/2009 11:24am

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonuzaba View Post
    You only go to no-gi comps?
    I have a gi comp in August. It just happened that the first 2 comps close by after I've been cleared were no gi which is also what I train the least.

Most of my training is with the gi.

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    5/22/2009 5:31pm

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Great, looking forward.

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Posted On:
    5/22/2009 5:38pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    nice job Skippy
    Website Administrator Tom Kagan just loves email, instant messages, private messages, text messages, tweets, status updates, and every kind of personal contact. You can reah him at his personal email account at [EDITED BY TOM KAGAN] or even on his cell phone number at [EDITED BY TOM KAGAN].

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/25/2010 7:44pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ & Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am trying to view your competition videos, but the youtube machine informs me they are set to private. What is your youtube account name?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12