Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/30/2009 1:27pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Excellent interview. Wish it was longer!

Though there seems to be a mistake on the page where his question about user statistics is written in normal text (as if you asked the question to yourself, then answered it)

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    4/30/2009 1:37pm

supporting member
     Style: Novice Sub Grappler

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm going to take Phrost up on his claim that this can finally be discussed out in the open, and give the reasons why I disagree with his position
    I felt that, regardless of what people's personal views on that subject were (and I don't care one way or another what consenting adults do behind closed doors...

This is a repost of an exchange that explains my position, from elsewhere:
    Oracle66 : Debi dishonored the sport by taking money to grapple sweaty old men in hotel rooms <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    Poster#1 : Hmm. Sounds like her business really. I'll bet she beat the hell out of those old men! <o:p></o:p>
    Oracle66 : Perhaps, but people gave Baroni hell for doing less. <o:p></o:p>
    Poster#2 : Gossip is one of the worst ways to dishonour yourself, Oracle. <o:p></o:p>
    Oracle66 : Actually I believe the only way to achieve equality between the genders is to hold everyone to the same standards. Marco did not teach her his system so she could use it as a form of titillation. *That* is dishonorable. <o:p></o:p>
    Poster#2 : You know what, any one can **** talk about anyone - no one knows what's true and what isn't, except that one universal truth that one day the **** talking will be about you. I mean, do what ever you think is right, for sure - but I know zero about the girl you mention, and I know that you gossip. 1 nil to her. <o:p></o:p>
    Oracle66 : Fair enough. If you don't know the background on this, I understand your comment. The fact remains that this was going on. You don't need me. She's the one who had a website advertising this stuff. I have no desire to hurt Debi, but I do think that this sort of thing is a misuse of martial arts and degrading to the sport in general. That is why I bring it up, not to gossip.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/30/2009 1:40pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I'm afraid that writer ham is a bit too close to Peter Porker, the Spamtacular Spider Ham.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    4/30/2009 1:41pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is Pony Play degrading to equestrian sports?

Your position is silly. What people do with the skills they earn is their own business and is in no way degrading to the sport.
    It might be degrading to women, but I would find that to be a stretch as well.

Posted On:
    4/30/2009 1:48pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    Is Pony Play degrading to equestrian sports?

Your position is silly. What people do with the skills they earn is their own business and is in no way degrading to the sport.
    It might be degrading to women, but I would find that to be a stretch as well.
    So if it was Hendo instead of Debi you'd have no issue with it at all? If he was advertising an inter-city tour where he met with horny old ladies to slap subs on them for $$, that would be no problem? No abuse of training; No bad refection on the sport? Just good ol' american entrepreneurship.

Of course you're entitled to your opinion, but I wonder if you aren't cutting her slack because she's female.

Edit: Let me make perfectly clear what I object to. If this were done literally "behind closed doors" it would be (literally) no one's business but the parties involved. The fact that this was done for money and was advertised on the net using MMA imagery to make the pitch, IMHO nullifies the privacy argument.
    Last edited by Matt Phillips; 4/30/2009 2:01pm at .

Posted On:
    4/30/2009 1:57pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That was actually going to be my original example (Not Hendo specifically, but a male MMAer), but I decided that Pony Play was a better analogue.

And no, I don't think it would be degrading to the sport. I don't view groups as being monolithic entities who are all required to embrace the ideals and actions of their most extreme members. If that were true people like Da Pope or Victor Parlati would be forcing all kinds of groups to commit lemminglike suicide in shame.

So if one, or some, mma or bjj trained individuals want to make some cash on the side by using their skills in a sexual context that doesn't bother me in the least.

Posted On:
    4/30/2009 2:03pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That was actually going to be my original example (Not Hendo specifically, but a male MMAer), but I decided that Pony Play was a better analogue.

And no, I don't think it would be degrading to the sport. I don't view groups as being monolithic entities who are all required to embrace the ideals and actions of their most extreme members. If that were true people like Da Pope or Victor Parlati would be forcing all kinds of groups to commit lemminglike suicide in shame.

So if one, or some, mma or bjj trained individuals want to make some cash on the side by using their skills in a sexual context that doesn't bother me in the least.
    To each his own. I respect your right to disagree, and I'm glad to have the freedom to have the debate in public.

Viva La Bullshido!

Posted On:
    4/30/2009 2:08pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Respect my right to disagree?!?! WTF do you think this is? MAP? You're supposed to berate me for making the sport look bad, then I'll scream at you for being a closed minded bigot, then we'll talk past each other for 100 posts while people post lolcats.

How long have you been a member here that you still don't understand how this works?

Posted On:
    4/30/2009 2:14pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Respect my right to disagree?!?! WTF do you think this is? MAP? You're supposed to berate me for making the sport look bad, then I'll scream at you for being a closed minded bigot, then we'll talk past each other for 100 posts while people post lolcats.

How long have you been a member here that you still don't understand how this works?
    Go **** yourself, maggot.

Last edited by Matt Phillips; 4/30/2009 2:16pm at .

Posted On:
    4/30/2009 2:15pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's the spirit!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast