224673 Bullies, 3541 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast
  1. --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Examiner.com Interview of Some Jerk from Bullshido

Swine Flu is rampaging the Earth. The Dutch royal family is under attack. The President of the United States is passing out iPods and DVDs. People still think they're Ninjas. The world's going to hell in a U-Haul.

So what else is new?

Oh, Examiner.com interviewed your unfriendly neighborhood writer ham. (Sod off, you try to rhyme something with "Spiderman".)

Bullshido.com is the #1 general martial arts site on the Internet, with more than 80,000 members. For Part 1 of this interview, Neal Fletcher -- aka "Phrost" and Senior Executive Grandmaster Founder God Emperor Admin of Bullshido.com, was kind enough to grant me an interview and share some of his martial arts history, his philosophy, and what inspired him to start Bullshido.com.

Tell us a little about yourself -- name, age, rank, serial number, blood type, whatever you’d care to spill.

My name is Neal Fletcher and my Social Security number is 457-55-5462. I'm a MMA/Boxing judge, a former U.S. Army noncommissioned Officer, a semi-retired amateur fighter with a punch-line win record, and lover of fine cigars. I like long walks on the beach, a cool breeze in my hair, and ninjas. None of that last sentence is true. According to my family I'm descended from Pirates, which if true, would explain a lot of things...

Click this sultry link to go to the full interview of this jerk.

Click here to PM Tom Kagan.
    Attached Images  

Posted On:
    4/30/2009 11:53am

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "The pedant is he who finds it impossible to read criticism of himself without immediately reaching for his pen and replying to the effect that the accusation is a gross insult to his person. He is, in effect, a man unable to laugh at himself."Sigmund Freud, The Ego and the Id.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/30/2009 12:00pm

Style: Shaolin/Judo/JuJitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Outstanding! Actually pretty cool to get an interview that you can enjoy like that. Gets the word out and provides a little awareness and status in the marketplace. Good work, Phrost.

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    4/30/2009 12:12pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Check out that guy acting like he owns the place, what a jerk!

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    4/30/2009 12:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PhrostInterview
    Specifically, the formation of the community was caused by an incident on a now-defunct discussion board about the questionable activities of a female fighter who was, by all accounts, being paid to do some kind of "erotic wrestling" in motel rooms with clients. One such client had put up a review of his experience with this fighter, and it was a topic of heated discussion. At the behest of one of her friends (who at the time was a staff member on one of our current "competitors") the forum administrators removed all traces of the discussion and any subsequent attempts to revive it were dealt with harshly. I felt that, regardless of what people's personal views on that subject were (and I don't care one way or another what consenting adults do behind closed doors), that covering it up like this was simply dishonest and fostered an environment in which the status quo of BS thrives.
    FTR, I was the poster who broke the story about Olga and Debi and the erotic wrestling. That little punk Admin from Sherdog came over to the ADCC board and told us we were not allowed to talk about it, and the site's Admins backed him up.
    A few posters (Streetfighter comes to mind) and myself protested to no avail and it eventually got dropped. Note: I am not the 'client' Phrost refers to (EWw); I am OP on the original thread.

I had no idea that event was related to the formation of McDojo.com, but then again I seem to have missed the 'client' thread all together.

The original thread was titled "America's Top Female Fighters Are... Hookers"

Edit: I just realized what the 'client review' business is all about. When I first stumbled on this information (searching for info on one of Olga's matches) I found all this odd stuff about tour dates with someone named "Mallory Sin" (Debi Purcell). When I Googled that name I found a review of her services on a site dedicated to something called "Concession Wrestling". I posted that review in the OP. It would have been very odd if an actual ADCC poster had been the client.
    Last edited by Matt Phillips; 4/30/2009 3:08pm at .
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/30/2009 12:15pm

Style: Judofitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Great synthesys. A "proper" interview was needed, especially for us noobs: I still hadn't dug out all the backstory from the ancient threads. It mostly floats around in obscure references made by senior posters.

Posted On:
    4/30/2009 12:43pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by War Wheel View Post
    FTR, I was the poster who broke the story about Olga and Debi and the erotic wrestling. That little punk Admin from Sherdog came over to the ADCC board and told us we were not allowed to talk about it, and the site's Admins backed him up.
    A few posters (Streetfighter comes to mind) and myself protested to no avail and it eventually got dropped. Note: I am not the 'client' Phrost refers to (EWw); I am OP on the original thread.

I had no idea that event was related to the formation of McDojo.com, but then again I seem to have missed the 'client' thread all together.

The original thread was titled "America's Top Female Fighters Are... Hookers"
    We need an "Old School" tag. Yeah, that admin was Tanner. I don't know what he's up to now.

Quote Originally Posted by creativo View Post
    Great synthesys. A "proper" interview was needed, especially for us noobs: I still hadn't dug out all the backstory from the ancient threads. It mostly floats around in obscure references made by senior posters.
    Thanks. We're trying to compile all the relevant data on Bullshido.org, but it's slow going. We really need the help of people who've been around a while to get it done.

The gift that keeps on giving

Posted On:
    4/30/2009 1:03pm

supporting member
     Style: On hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like long walks on the beach, a cool breeze in my hair....
    ROLF!

The gift that keeps on giving

Posted On:
    4/30/2009 1:03pm

supporting member
     Style: On hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like long walks on the beach, a cool breeze in my hair....
    ROLF!

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    4/30/2009 1:11pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    We need an "Old School" tag.

Tanner, yes. Also, there was some female poster (name escapes me) who got on the thread and was like "wow...just wow... I can't believe you guys are going there... Oracle has nothing better to do than dig up dirt on people for no reason... he has no life,... etc." I don't know if it was Deb or someone else, but that poster is the one who ran to Sherdog and got them involved.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast