Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/08/2009 3:13am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: ITF Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dang. He's such a badass he'll kick you in the face with his sock.

Posted On:
    5/08/2009 5:15pm

Join us... or die
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I was thinking about the best way to go about it. I could go over and do like a trial class, and then review it. Or I can just invite the guy to spar or roll and then post the account of that.

One way would be going in like I knew nothing. The other would be on the up and up but he might balk at the idea. It could go either way. Comments? Suggestions?

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/10/2009 10:41pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel_tke View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking about the best way to go about it. I could go over and do like a trial class, and then review it. Or I can just invite the guy to spar or roll and then post the account of that.

One way would be going in like I knew nothing. The other would be on the up and up but he might balk at the idea. It could go either way. Comments? Suggestions?
    I'd think that as close as you can get to honesty is the best. Maybe tell a little about your training, but mostly express interest in what they can offer. The Egos usually don't give a **** about what you've done because their **** doesn't stink, etc etc. But perhaps they aren't charlatans... perhaps.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/20/2009 3:49am

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Soke Gary Wasniewski with Soke Jimmy Steger
    TY-GA Southern U.S.A representative, New York 07.06.03

He is no longer listed as a "representative" - and if JS is counting his Karate victories in any Ty-Ga tourney as evidence of legitimacy he is mistaken.
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by Sushi-Boy; 7/20/2009 3:56am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/20/2009 7:59am

Style: MMA / BJJ / Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yep. Ty-Ga is total bollocks.

One of the guys who starred in that fantastic looking movie with him won TY-GA fighter of the year in 2008 despite only having one fight and losing.

Posted On:
    7/20/2009 11:27am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel_tke View Post

Attend a class, and then ask him where he got his Ph.D from. Then we find out if the place is accredited.

Posted On:
    7/20/2009 7:36pm

Join us... or die
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I can do that. It will probably be a little while though. It is about 45 minutes to an hour away and I have a lot on my plate at work right now.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/27/2009 11:46am

Style: Keyboard Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This reminds me of another thread in MABS about one Steve Stewart in Canada. Investigation Report: Steve Stewart - No BS Martial Arts Both Stewart and Steger have made outlantish claims regarding martial arts; but have more disturbingly been misrepresenting themselves as having medical qualifications by the use professional titles which are restricted in Canada. (e.g. naturopath, nutritionist). I don't know how professions are regulated in the U.S. but would imagine the regulatory college would not take kindly to use of these titles. I would suggest contacting the organization which issues the professional licences in the state Steger resides to verify his academic/professional qualifications.

The misrepresented professional certifications and multiple 10th dans to market a health promotion business are very disturbing.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/28/2009 2:10pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo/JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJ View Post
    This reminds me of another thread in MABS about one Steve Stewart in Canada. Investigation Report: Steve Stewart - No BS Martial Arts Both Stewart and Steger have made outlantish claims regarding martial arts; but have more disturbingly been misrepresenting themselves as having medical qualifications by the use professional titles which are restricted in Canada. (e.g. naturopath, nutritionist). I don't know how professions are regulated in the U.S. but would imagine the regulatory college would not take kindly to use of these titles. I would suggest contacting the organization which issues the professional licences in the state Steger resides to verify his academic/professional qualifications.

The misrepresented professional certifications and multiple 10th dans to market a health promotion business are very disturbing.
    In some states he is breaking the law by falsely claiming to have medical qualifications.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/28/2009 2:47pm

Style: Keyboard Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Heltern View Post
    In some states he is breaking the law by falsely claiming to have medical qualifications.
    Mr Samuel Browning ... do you have an opinion on this matter based on what has been posted on the website (use of title) and relevant state law? Thank you kindly.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234