Page 4 of 4 First 1234
  1. #31

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dang. He's such a badass he'll kick you in the face with his sock.

  2. #32
    Diesel_tke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    4,005
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I was thinking about the best way to go about it. I could go over and do like a trial class, and then review it. Or I can just invite the guy to spar or roll and then post the account of that.

    One way would be going in like I knew nothing. The other would be on the up and up but he might balk at the idea. It could go either way. Comments? Suggestions?

  3. #33
    patfromlogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Hilo Island of Hawaii
    Posts
    8,885
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel_tke View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking about the best way to go about it. I could go over and do like a trial class, and then review it. Or I can just invite the guy to spar or roll and then post the account of that.

    One way would be going in like I knew nothing. The other would be on the up and up but he might balk at the idea. It could go either way. Comments? Suggestions?
    I'd think that as close as you can get to honesty is the best. Maybe tell a little about your training, but mostly express interest in what they can offer. The Egos usually don't give a **** about what you've done because their **** doesn't stink, etc etc. But perhaps they aren't charlatans... perhaps.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    110
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Soke Gary Wasniewski with Soke Jimmy Steger
    TY-GA Southern U.S.A representative, New York 07.06.03

    He is no longer listed as a "representative" - and if JS is counting his Karate victories in any Ty-Ga tourney as evidence of legitimacy he is mistaken.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Sushi-Boy; 7/20/2009 3:56am at .

  5. #35

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Donegal, Ireland
    Posts
    310
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yep. Ty-Ga is total bollocks.

    One of the guys who starred in that fantastic looking movie with him won TY-GA fighter of the year in 2008 despite only having one fight and losing.

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    9,913
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel_tke View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking about the best way to go about it. I could go over and do like a trial class, and then review it. Or I can just invite the guy to spar or roll and then post the account of that.

    One way would be going in like I knew nothing. The other would be on the up and up but he might balk at the idea. It could go either way. Comments? Suggestions?
    Attend a class, and then ask him where he got his Ph.D from. Then we find out if the place is accredited.

  7. #37
    Diesel_tke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    4,005
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I can do that. It will probably be a little while though. It is about 45 minutes to an hour away and I have a lot on my plate at work right now.

  8. #38

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    476
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This reminds me of another thread in MABS about one Steve Stewart in Canada. Investigation Report: Steve Stewart - No BS Martial Arts Both Stewart and Steger have made outlantish claims regarding martial arts; but have more disturbingly been misrepresenting themselves as having medical qualifications by the use professional titles which are restricted in Canada. (e.g. naturopath, nutritionist). I don't know how professions are regulated in the U.S. but would imagine the regulatory college would not take kindly to use of these titles. I would suggest contacting the organization which issues the professional licences in the state Steger resides to verify his academic/professional qualifications.

    The misrepresented professional certifications and multiple 10th dans to market a health promotion business are very disturbing.

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    46
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJ View Post
    This reminds me of another thread in MABS about one Steve Stewart in Canada. Investigation Report: Steve Stewart - No BS Martial Arts Both Stewart and Steger have made outlantish claims regarding martial arts; but have more disturbingly been misrepresenting themselves as having medical qualifications by the use professional titles which are restricted in Canada. (e.g. naturopath, nutritionist). I don't know how professions are regulated in the U.S. but would imagine the regulatory college would not take kindly to use of these titles. I would suggest contacting the organization which issues the professional licences in the state Steger resides to verify his academic/professional qualifications.

    The misrepresented professional certifications and multiple 10th dans to market a health promotion business are very disturbing.
    In some states he is breaking the law by falsely claiming to have medical qualifications.

  10. #40

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    476
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Heltern View Post
    In some states he is breaking the law by falsely claiming to have medical qualifications.
    Mr Samuel Browning ... do you have an opinion on this matter based on what has been posted on the website (use of title) and relevant state law? Thank you kindly.

Page 4 of 4 First 1234

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO