Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/29/2009 10:13pm

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Please help! Dr. Soke steger 10th dan x3?

I saw this guy at a seminar a few years ago. He made several outrageuos claims. He has a docorate degree (PHD but no MD) and extensively has studied eastern medicine. FOr example he claims to have never been sick ever, not even a sniffle in his own words. He claims to have traveled across the far east and trained in various MAs. He claimed to have visited a place in Russia with the oldest living people in the world, claiming to have seen people as old as 200years old. He claimed to have trained several pro athletes I think JOse canseco one one of them. He claimed to have cured AIDS patients with his natural methods. HIs basic gimmick is if the human body has proper nutrition/vitamins nothing bad can survive there. He was definately a health nut to the extreme. Not that there's anything wong with that "per se". He definately new his **** when it came to vitamins and stuff like that. The techniques he demonstrated were okay (not necessarily what i'd do in a db wrist grab scenario, oh yea it was one of those seminars), he did them very well. HIs kicks were very precise when he demonstrated moves to the others on me. I was naturally skeptical about the whole presentation he did. He definately seemed knowledgeable but still not quite enough to make me not question the truth to what he claimed. On one site he claims to have over 3 10th dans in various MAs as well as an additional 6th and 5th degree BB in 2 other arts and 3 other BBs. Also he's won several weapons competitions ect. this personally pisses me off as an FMA guy because these type of comps. usually involve flamboyant weapon twirling w/ crappy barbie weapons and no real fighting.

I'm not saying the guy is total BS just yet maybe just in MAs, or maybe just in medicine, or maybe he's totally legit overall. I was a little impressed when I saw him but I still questioned his claims.
    Check him out

http://www.martialmuscle.net/resume.htm for MA claims

http://www.123people.com/ext/frm?ti=...ink&wrt_id=227 Pimping his personal training & more.

http://drsteger.com/ healthcare

google Dr. Jimmy Steger (currently out of Alabama) If you're really froggy he's all over the place.
    Last edited by jspeedy; 4/29/2009 10:18pm at . Reason: claraficationizm-yep that's a word

Posted On:
    4/29/2009 10:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whenever you see all the hall of fame stuff and the multiple 10 dan rankings, you can confidently call B.S. You should know better than to believe his crap. Obtaining a true 10th Dan is a life long venture. How could he hold 3 at such a young age? Clearly a bullshidoka great

Posted On:
    4/29/2009 10:29pm

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well yeah thats one of the more obvious points of BS he's got going for him. My guess is that thet're honorary degrees or somthing like that not to mention i've never even heard of some of those styles 5 degrees what kung fu? That ones got to be BS. What about the other claims though?

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/29/2009 11:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So I google Fujikan (one of the arts in which dear dr holds a 10th dan) to see wtf it is and I get a page that sez the dear dr is the founder.

Christ, I'm going to email him and give him some ****, now. And tell him Phrost sent me - or should I tell him I'm Ashida Kim and want a death match? Maybe I'll just wait until I'm sober, then not bother. Naw I gotta ask him, at least, what the **** is "King of Tap out in Ju-Jitsu?" King of Tap out??? Nothing comes up Dr. when I google it...

"The Fujikan System is the most complete Martial Arts System ever produced.

Fujikan has a very thorough background in 5 different systems of martial arts which make up the basis for the system. Nan Shaolin Wu Chu Chuan, Yoshitsune Ju-Jitsu, Hakkoryu Ju-Jitsu, Kodakan Judo, Shotokan Karate. The 1st Degree of Inner Turbulence includes Kung-Fu basics along with the standard Judo and Ju-Jitsu Rolls and Breakfalls. After a year of Kung-Fu basics Chin Na's, Forms, 2 man-sets and Weapons, a student will then move on to the 2nd Degree of Inner Turbulence. This is the Karate segment of the system, which involves learning Karate basics and Kata's. The 3rd Degree of Inner Turbulence involves learning a series of Judo throws and ground waza's. The 4th and 5th Degree's of Inner Turbulence are saved for the Pre-Black Belt student. Once a student has reached the Shodan Level, 1st Degree Black Belt, he will be a well-rounded martial artist with a diverse background able to handle themselves in any type of situation as well as compete on any level in the tournament scene and prevail.

Our Fujikan system has been test proven in the tournament arena for over 25 years!

From the King of Tap out in Ju-Jitsu to the World Karate Championships our system

Wins!

Test proven Certified Tuff and Guaranteed to Win!"
    Last edited by patfromlogan; 4/30/2009 12:05am at .
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/30/2009 12:04am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK OK, I'm Mr. Polite. Here's my email. Anyone want to bet a new gi that I get a reply?

Dear Sir,

Your site about Fujikan is interesting. I'm taking the liberty of emailing you from the address from your site. I see from the web site about Fujikan that it has been proven in competition for twenty five years, including "King of Tap out in Ju-Jitsu." I was wondering what is that, the King of Tap out in Ju-Jitsu? And what world championship in karate does the site refer to?

Yours in Friendship, Patrick Easterling
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    4/30/2009 7:45am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will say it yet again: When they call themselves a soke, you know they are a jo-kay.

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    4/30/2009 8:36am

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtripp View Post
    I will say it yet again: When they call themselves a soke, you know they are a jo-kay.
    QFT

I would like to know what his academic degree is in and where he received it. He could be another Karl Marx (the "cajun krotty" guy - not the Communist). :qgaraduat

Edited to add:

Does anyone else think that "Dr Soke" would be a cool Bullshido screen name?
    Mushi mo atsui hodo
    Mushiatsui

Originally Posted by chuey
    ...Well **** if that isn't the most anti-Mr. Miyagi **** I have heard in ages.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but
    Three rights make a left.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/30/2009 8:49am

Style: Karate, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holy crap:

AWARDS and RECOGNITIONS

Who's Who in the Martial Arts Edition 1998 Who's Who in the Business Edition 2000 Action Martial Arts Magazine Collectors Card Series 1998 Action Martial Arts Magazine Collectors Card Series 2000 Action Martial Arts Magazine Collectors Card Series 2001 Inducted World Christian Martial Arts Hall of Fame Voted - Silver Life Achievement Awards 1998 Inducted World Karate Union Martial Arts Hall of Fame Voted - Most Outstanding Achievement in Chinese Martial Arts 1999 Inducted International Kung-Fu Hall of Fame Voted - Master of the Year in Kung-Fu 2000 Inducted World Sokeship International Martial Arts Hall of Fame Voted - Master Instructor of the Year 2000 Inducted World Wide Martial Arts Hall of Fame Voted - Master of the Year in Kung-Fu 2001 Inducted Action Martial Arts Magazine Hall of Fame Voted - Outstanding Contributions to Martial Arts 2001 Inducted International Martial Arts Hall of Fame Voted - Master of the Year in Kung-Fu 2001 Inducted Action Martial Arts Magazine Hall of Fame Voted - Continuance in Martial Arts Contributions 2002 Inducted World Wide Martial Arts Hall of Fame Voted - Head Founder of the Year 2002 Inducted United Martial Arts Hall of Fame Voted - Head Founder of the Year 2002 Inducted World Sokeship International Martial Arts Hall of Fame Voted Head Founder of the Year 2002 Inducted World Wide Martial Arts Hall of Fame Voted - Grandmaster of the Year 2003 Inducted Universal Martial Arts Hall of Fame Voted - Sports Medicine Doctor of the Year 2003 Inducted Universal Martial Arts Hall of Fame Voted - Sports Medicine Doctor of the Year 2003 Inducted Action Martial Arts Magazine Hall of Fame Voted - Outstanding Contributions to Martial Arts 2004 Inducted World Wide Martial Arts Hall of Fame
    Voted - Founder of the Year 2004
    Inducted USA Martial Arts Hall of Fame
    Voted - Outstanding Soke of the Year 2004
    Inducted Universal Martial Arts Hall of Fame
    Voted - Distinguished Soke of the Year 2004
    Voted - Sports Medicine Doctor of the Year 2005
    Voted - Sports Medicine Doctor of the Year 2006
    Inducted World Martial Arts Hall of Fame
    Voted - Outstanding "Soke" of the Year 2006

Most, if not all of those are "pay-to-play" awards. This guy has to have tens of thousands of $$$$ invested in his awards list!

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    4/30/2009 9:31am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TEA View Post
    QFT

I would like to know what his academic degree is in and where he received it. He could be another Karl Marx (the "cajun krotty" guy - not the Communist). :qgaraduat

Edited to add:

Does anyone else think that "Dr Soke" would be a cool Bullshido screen name?
    DOH! i wish i had gone with Dr. Soke instead of White_Kimbo. damnit!

also, as far as his PhD goes, we all must keep in mind that our very own 3moose1 has a PhD as well. i would LOVE to see dr soke's diploma from a legit university.
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/30/2009 9:56am

Style: Keyboard Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On his personal website http://drsteger.com/index.html he claims the following degrees: N.D., Ph.D., D.MA. He posts the following titles: Naturopath, Nutritionist, Iridologist; and claims to specialize in: Nutritional Medicine, Herbal Medicine, Homeopathic Medicine, Japanese Shiatsu, Reiki Energy Medicine, Reflexology, Iridology, Pet Nutrition, Deer Nutrition

He also claims that drinking milk is not good for you on http://drsteger.com/new_page_4.htm
    QUOTE:
    Is drinking cow's milk good for you?
    If you are a baby calf yes, If you are a human being no. The calcium molecules are too large for the human body to absorb. Human babies need mother's milk because it has the proper ratios of protein and sugars in it to feed the human baby. If a mother is unable to nurse her child, use organic goat milk. This is the next best source of milk to use. Cow's milk causes a multitude of diseases in human beings and also excess mucus and catarrh in the tissue especially the lungs
    END QUOTE

I am not an expert in any life science field, but that does seem strange. Has this person stated from which university his degrees have been obtained? I don’t know how it works in the US or Alabama but is there a regulatory association who licenses naturopathic doctors that could verify his credentials are legitimate and in good standing?
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast