Posted On:
    4/29/2009 9:44am

Business Class Supporting Member
     Gladiators Academy Lafayette, LA Style: Judo, MMA, White Trash JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    KISS method

Punch to the head
    Hands up elbows down power leg to the back. Lean into the attack hands go to the face. Once the hands are in the face the knee comes into the groin and run. 1-2-3. Now pick another position and do it like that again 1-2-3 and maybe a 4.

Attacker between the legs
    One foot on the hip the other foot on the knee. Kick the knee out. Stand up boot the face and run. 1-2-3-4

Use numbers women seem to respond better to it. I teach a SD class about 4 times a year and that's one of the things the women liked about it. Simple simple simple.

www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2007/index.html
    Poke around here fr some good information.
    Judo is only gentle for the guy on top.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/29/2009 3:09pm

Style: Not sure anymore

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    I will be teaching escapes, but I feel like it is easier to teach how to maintain a superior or at least neutral position and teach the fairly easy escapes from there than get them in a disadvantaged position and teach them the much harder escape. It may be more material, but I think it will be easier to grasp and hopefully more effective.

That sounds good

Posted On:
    4/29/2009 3:43pm

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Try the MR. Myagi/Karate Kid method. Have them claen your house for 2 hours and when they're done explain how all that dish scrubbing and laundry washing equals self defense. Plus women love house work, they are bulit for it!
    (I hope my girlfriend dosen't see this)

Infidel

Posted On:
    4/29/2009 5:39pm

Style: Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

First, women are inherently not aggressive, which means they are less likely to throw punches with any nastiness behind them anyways.
    Are you gay or have you just never dated a woman before?
    You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/29/2009 7:53pm

Style: TKD, judo, MT noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySpark View Post
    Are you gay or have you just never dated a woman before?
    I don't know who your dating or how big they are, but my gf punches me all the time and I just kind of look at her and smile. She is also ten times more aggressive than any other female I have ever dated. Unless you canucks grow 'em way different up there, most women are averse to injuring someone, hence why I think this method is more effective.

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    4/29/2009 9:59pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thats just it though, based on the statistics I am reading i feel that all of these self defense seminars based around what you are saying are if anything, putting women at greater risk.

You're saying that bites to the carotid artery are putting women at greater risk, but that your wrist locks aren't?
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/30/2009 4:20pm

Style: TKD, judo, MT noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin View Post
    You're saying that bites to the carotid artery are putting women at greater risk, but that your wrist locks aren't?
    Yes actually, I am. First off, a bite to the carotid would get them in serious legal trouble, regardless of the necessity. Second off, find me a good way to train and pressure test that (protip: you can't). Third, find me a woman who even with two hours of psychological conditioning would be comfortable with that (another protip: you won't).

I'm sorry you don't realize this, but wristlocks do have their place in the martial art pantheon. I have used them to extricate myself out of somewhat precarious situations without escalating the conflict, which is exactly what I am trying to impart on these women. You are sounding like some guy that is saying he doesn't need to learn grappling because he would just rip your ear off. good luck with that.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    4/30/2009 4:27pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you are going to teach anything involving striking/kicking/kneeing/scratching/clawing/throwing...what have you:

You really need to see about securing some mats and getting sufficient padding on another male volunteer so the women can try out what it is they are doing. If you are teaching, you will need to be watching what they are doing and your "dummy" needs to be armored up enough so that he doesn't get hurt.

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    4/30/2009 6:30pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes actually, I am. First off, a bite to the carotid would get them in serious legal trouble, regardless of the necessity. Second off, find me a good way to train and pressure test that (protip: you can't). Third, find me a woman who even with two hours of psychological conditioning would be comfortable with that (another protip: you won't).
    And you couldn't do any of that, including pressure testing, in two hours with a wristlock, either. You're not going to take an overweight low-self-esteem woman and train her for two hours and then have her able to wristlock a dude on the football team.

I'm sorry you don't realize this, but wristlocks do have their place in the martial art pantheon. I have used them to extricate myself out of somewhat precarious situations without escalating the conflict, which is exactly what I am trying to impart on these women.
    Not in two hours. With a room full of women with low self esteem.

You are sounding like some guy that is saying he doesn't need to learn grappling because he would just rip your ear off. good luck with that.
    That's almost a strawman in that you're trying to suggest I'm a RBSD type.

I'm actually not, but rather I basically don't think you can teach anyone anything worth a damn in a real situation if they're starting from zero physically and psychologically. Certainly not delicate techniques like wristlocks.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/30/2009 6:44pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Beorn pm Ddlr.

He can give you some good tips. I'd argue but it'll make my head hurt.

Also, you are off on artery talk. It depends on the situation.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 4/30/2009 6:49pm at .
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast