Sponsored Links Spacer Image

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    4/28/2009 7:26pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Emvas, if that pic is you in your av I don't think you get a lot of smug looks in the gym
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    4/28/2009 8:17pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sadly no, I'm not Dave Gulledge, but we can all dream.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/29/2009 5:24pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Sadly no, I'm not Dave Gulledge, but we can all dream.
    I don't think he built that Physique on P90x... If my memory serves me right he was a powerlifter who cut bodyfat after many years of training with heavy singles, doubles and triples.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    4/29/2009 5:29pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakmongkol View Post
    I don't think he built that Physique on P90x... If my memory serves me right he was a powerlifter who cut bodyfat after many years of training with heavy singles, doubles and triples.

Along with other rep ranges, yes.
    "Emevas,

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/29/2009 5:35pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Along with other rep ranges, yes.
    Mentioning that wouldn't make my point quite so dramatic.

I was just saying that all really or even fairly big guys are as strong as ****. This is not a coincidence.

Even BBs who were quoted as being as lazy as **** and were just generally pumpers such as Flex Wheeler still threw around a decent amount of weight.

You will struggle to get decent strength levels off p90x. If you follow the diet and exercise you will likely cut a lot of body fat and if you are incredibly detrained make a little muscle. Taking a sensible cookie cutter beginners strength program will give the majority of the population much better gains when supported by a decent diet.

Posted On:
    4/29/2009 6:10pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadmeat View Post
    He recommended the program to me yesterday, as I mentioned I have a hard time getting going in the mornings due to various aches and pains, mostly in my upper back, and joints.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadmeat View Post
    What would you recommend, particularly for someone with poor back and shoulder flexibility?
    Strength gain isn't particularly an issue for me, and neither is weight loss. I'm satisfied with my strength level at the moment, and I'm 181cm tall, walking around at 76kg with fairly low body fat. I'm more interested in something that will help me with recovery, and perhaps improve my flexibility, and explosiveness. I could dedicate up to approximately an hour per day in the mornings for up to 90 days or so, if I was convinced there would be a benefit, and I wouldn't be over training - bear in mind I'm already training 6 times per week.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    4/29/2009 7:40pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakmongkol View Post
    Mentioning that wouldn't make my point quite so dramatic.

I was just saying that all really or even fairly big guys are as strong as ****. This is not a coincidence.

Even BBs who were quoted as being as lazy as **** and were just generally pumpers such as Flex Wheeler still threw around a decent amount of weight.

You will struggle to get decent strength levels off p90x. If you follow the diet and exercise you will likely cut a lot of body fat and if you are incredibly detrained make a little muscle. Taking a sensible cookie cutter beginners strength program will give the majority of the population much better gains when supported by a decent diet.

Yeah, any decent bodybuilder is going to have a foundation of strength training under them.
    "Emevas,

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/30/2009 3:27pm

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well for me, I think that this progam will be a good one for a few reasons.

-I need something I can do at home. I will be stuck at home for a couple of months and would really be able to leave the house for too long.
    -Something that wont take a long time. An hour is just perfect.
    -Doesnt require a lot of equipment. I already own dumbells and just need a pullup bar.
    -Someting that will spingboard me back into shape as I have been out of the gym for a while. I'd like to go back to the gym in somewhat decent shape so I can give some ggod effort on the bags and do some sparring again.

I watched the first DVD (Chest & Back) and I think its something I can do. The program seems energetic and they show you a couple of ways to do each motion in case something doesn feel right. The guy is motivating and really looks like he is working his ass off too - he can do an amazing amout of pullups imo. Overall just seems like a good fit for me (assuming I can stick with it).

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/30/2009 5:03pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Back in shape means what exactly?
    Are you fit and just slightly out of shape?

Also, go read non-p90x reviews. I did and the few good ones lay out exactly what it is for and what it will do.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/04/2009 1:17pm

Style: BJJ, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    PX90 will get you great cardio shape and build lean muscle, but if your going for say the look of Evmevas's profile that's not the program you want to do. It will give you the "beachbody" look that works for the average American looking to lose weight. For those looking for the uber genetically superior look...look for another program.

I personally wouldn't see the need for PX90 if your consistent with your martial arts classes. I would think you just need a solid lifting program to supplement your MA training.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast