All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    4/28/2009 11:43am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    how do you get one of those?

That sounds like the golden ticket right there.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/28/2009 2:30pm

Style: Hung Ga Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Altagracia Guzman (abuela) is basically playing the same role that got her notoriety in Raising Victor Vargas, which is by all means a superior film.

Zulay I first saw in Feel The Noise, which is a way worse flick than Fighting would ever be.

So, that puts Fighting in the 5/10 category; I think this is honestly the best Tatum has done to date, and I hope this keeps the fight-based movies coming to the big screen.

I have heard that HARD TIMES with Bronson was inspiration for this movie, so I'm about to check that out this week. All in all, it's not a good movie, but inspired me to watch better, so it's in the right place at the right time... We've got Wolverine and Star Trek coming up, so Fighting will soon be a distant memory.

Nice review, though.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    4/28/2009 5:53pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    It's either that or "Mutant Chronicles."
    Avoid avoid avoid. If its the same movie I have in mind, the one with Aweseome-Incarnate Ron Perlman and Thom Jane (It is) then it sucks.

Its almost like they dragged Perlman in there to make it a bit better. He did, but one can only do so much.

oh and thanks muchly for the review :) appreciated and looking forward to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Clean View Post
    Karate was developed by Okinawans who weren't allowed to have weapons. Ok, makes sense. JJ was developed by Samurai to defeat armored opponents. Also makes sense. But a spinning jump kick to defeat a camel? Something smells fishy.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    4/28/2009 6:18pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nomamao View Post
    Altagracia Guzman (abuela) is basically playing the same role that got her notoriety in Raising Victor Vargas, which is by all means a superior film.

Zulay I first saw in Feel The Noise, which is a way worse flick than Fighting would ever be.

So, that puts Fighting in the 5/10 category; I think this is honestly the best Tatum has done to date, and I hope this keeps the fight-based movies coming to the big screen.

I have heard that HARD TIMES with Bronson was inspiration for this movie, so I'm about to check that out this week. All in all, it's not a good movie, but inspired me to watch better, so it's in the right place at the right time... We've got Wolverine and Star Trek coming up, so Fighting will soon be a distant memory.

Nice review, though.

Hard Times is a classic primer on how a dude should abide: You talk low, you talk slow, and you don't bother nothin' that don't bother you first.

But that what bothers you first, you punch real hard.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    1/08/2010 2:54am

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't believe I didn't see this review earlier. I absolutely loved Fighting and was planning on doing a review of it myself. Glad to see you've already got it covered.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12