Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/02/2009 7:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, by the way, while it's called Universal Kempo Karate, actually Prof. Buell, the founder, split from Kajukenbo in '81, so it's from the same lineage.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/10/2009 10:45pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    karenlifter, if you don't respond I'm gonna **** you up.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/11/2009 10:38pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, we are planning a throwdown on O'ahu this summer....

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/12/2009 12:42am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Wrestling, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** me up?
    Scuse me but I am 125 pounds with limited martial experience
    lol

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/12/2009 12:46am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KarelinLifter View Post
    **** me up?
    Scuse me but I am 125 pounds with limited martial experience
    lol
    Oh, excuse me, I just felt I was writing to a ghost. I'm large, but not as large as Meex. No one is that large. I only weigh twice as much as you and have decades of experience, but I'm fucked up - I can only hit with my left leg and arm. So you probably can take me; all it would take is to grab my right arm and jerk it, I'd cry.

So, have you checked out anything?

Loving Father

Posted On:
    5/12/2009 3:06am

supporting member
     Style: Tao Ga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He checked out your daughter!

*hides*

`~/

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/12/2009 8:55am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dear Mr. Meex, my daughter who does have a bb in karate, and is now a n00b in BJJ, will be available in Hawaii this summer to join in a throwdown. And I can just see her saying, "Right, Dad, I really want to give up a day surfing and clubbing so I can 'work out' and get punched and roll around with sweaty men; your pretend friends from Bullshido."

Note that as a college grad (as of May 20, yippee! - not that I care about education, but no more private school tuition!!) she can talk using semicolons, whereas I and you talk mostly with our colons.

Now back to the OP (original poster). Have you checked out the schools??

I was attempting humor when I said I'd **** you up. Since I'm old and a Haole, I am not only injured and fat, I'm deathly afraid of brown skinned 'locals,' especially those that are over 4'8" tall. I used to be able to kick big guys in the face, but now I only spar midgets and little children - that way I can still kick them in the teeth.

I remember the day I went to lower Kalihi to find the Kajukenbo school. Wondering around the neighborhood snarling dead eyed Haole hating Mokes with their knife wielding spitting Titas were about to grab me and do great physical harm - I never did figure out what they meant when they said, "Foking haole, look at heem brah - he stay momona to da max, we going make da kine kalua pig, eh, Calvin, you got da imu ready?" And they seemed very concerned with diet, asking me repeatedly, "Eh, like beef?" I replied that I prefer vegetables and tofu, but Leonard's malasadas would do in a pinch. However everyone backed off and gave me total respect when I said the magic words, "Excuse me sir, but I'm trying to find the Kajukenbo school, do you know where it is?"

Then I found my troubles had only begun.
    Last edited by patfromlogan; 5/12/2009 8:58am at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/12/2009 11:30pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Wrestling, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm going to try fug's school on thursday and Meex's school by next week
    Also what's a throdown

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/13/2009 8:40am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cool. I'll bet you'll enjoy them both and then you'll be like me, having to decide which to join because while both are great places to train and no doubt train people well in self-defense... They don't like each other. I joined Universal mostly because the Kailua class is five minutes from where I stay in Kailua when I'm in Hawaii, and as a white belt I can work out in the Kalihi branch too since it's under the same instructor. And when I get purple I can work out in any of the dozen branches on O'ahu.

A throwdown is a Bullshido get together where we train and spar. It's meant to be ego free and not a "contest" and everyone regardless of experience or rank is welcome and can train at whatever level they are comfortable with. Meex will, of course, being a mean guy, punch you in the face hard, but I'm a nice old fart :) (I'll just kick you). I mean Meex is too big and strong and did I mention big? His opu is the size of Punchbowl.

Check out the Throwdown forum and you'll get the idea. Throwdown: Bullshido Member Sparring and Training Meetups - No BS Martial Arts

Posted On:
    5/13/2009 2:17pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And they seemed very concerned with diet, asking me repeatedly, "Eh, like beef?"
    Oh wow...only a Hawaiian would understand that.

Es da kine, bruddah.

<----Proud happa haole
    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus
    Helio was submitted by Kimura
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12