Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/23/2009 12:22pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Valiss View Post
    I wonder how Joe and Mike off camera acta round each other. Are they friend? Does Joe dislike Mike? Drama!
    YouTube- Siskel and Ebert Uncensored

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/23/2009 12:35pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ahh good ol' Goldy, his like the neighbourhood downie.

Posted On:
    12/23/2009 1:29pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivington View Post
    I'm just glad Goldberg doesn't sit at home with a bunch of index cards and a pen and then comes in to work with a bunch of "clever" sayings, like "He's running for mayor of Fisticuffs Village!" to say at random.
    QFT

I would say more, but I don't want some Sherdog loving muppet to yell "he's opening up like a house on fire!"

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/23/2009 1:29pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anybody notice how Goldberg is spouting all these fucked up stats I usually hear on baseball or football games (and I rarely watch those):

"Well fighter x has the most punches thrown in the 3rd minute of the second round by a south paw when facing a wrestler who's mother is in the audience."

Posted On:
    12/23/2009 1:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The 13th day of XMAS View Post
    Anybody notice how Goldberg is spouting all these fucked up stats I usually hear on baseball or football games (and I rarely watch those):

"Well fighter x has the most punches thrown in the 3rd minute of the second round by a south paw when facing a wrestler who's mother is in the audience."
    Yeah, and I remember how excited I was the first time I heard him do it; I thought it was a sign that he was actually bothering to improve (like how George Foreman clearly went to some kind of speech coach while he was a commentator for HBO).

Now that you mention it, Goldberg's lame attempt to appear knowledgeable reminds me of a surprisingly well written children's movie:

Quote Originally Posted by Wally Holland, Baseball Commentator in "Little Big League"
    Last year though, he was 6th in the American League in hitting right-handers he was facing for the first time, after the seventh innning, at home. So that's something to keep in mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally Holland, Baseball Commentator in "Little Big League"
    An interesting side note: that's the 14th one-run game for the Tigers already this season. Tops for any team north of the Mason-Dixon Line, whose home games are not played in a dome.
    So with two down here in the 7th, Royals pitching continues to handcuff the Twins, Lou Collins to the plate and he can certainly attest to that. Lou is 0-11 the last 3 games, all Twins losses. He hit two bullets yesterday, but came up empty. Today, more of the same. Hanley looks in for the sign. Lou, by the way, has hit .416 lifetime versus Hanley in the month of September in even years. So that certainly bodes well for this at bat.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/23/2009 2:05pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL, that's exactly what I was thinking. They actually do that in a lot of baseball games. Trivia: do you know that's where the term southpaw came from?

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    12/23/2009 2:07pm

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanukkah Zombie View Post
    A friend of mine is a cousin of this guy. She says he is super nice.

He has got a nice clear voice, doesn't stutter. I think he does just fine. Or more to the point, I'm not sure anyone else would do much better. Putting him and Rogan together is hilarious. Goldberg, getting the names of techniques wrong; Rogan, calling him an idiot without being obvious about it and then generally doing a shitty job at commentating.

We got one guy who is a good and clear speaker but knows little about the actual sport, and then we have a comedian who is arguably an expert on the sport but who sucks balls at commentating. What other duo would be so perfectly matched?
    I'd take Bas and Joe. That would be great!
    "a martial art that has no rules is nothing but violence" - Kenji Tomiki

Posted On:
    12/23/2009 2:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The 13th day of XMAS View Post
    LOL, that's exactly what I was thinking. They actually do that in a lot of baseball games. Trivia: do you know that's where the term southpaw came from?
    I assume that was a typo and you meant to ask either "do you know where the term southpaw came from?" or "did you know that's where the term southpaw came from?" I used to know the origin of that term, but have since forgotten it.

By the way, I got to use the line "Using the simple formula A times B, over A plus B" in my Algebra class during my first semester of college. The professor tested it repeatedly on the board, then declared the class memorize it because it was better than what he was about to say. The really funny part was when he demanded I tell him, in the middle of class, where I learned that...I told him the title of the movie, the year of its release, and recited that scene for him. Thankfully, that endeared me to the professor instead of making him hate me.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/23/2009 2:20pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nope, not a typo. Just bad grammar.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    12/23/2009 4:14pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Irie Evergreen View Post
    I assume that was a typo and you meant to ask either "do you know where the term southpaw came from?" or "did you know that's where the term southpaw came from?" I used to know the origin of that term, but have since forgotten it.

By the way, I got to use the line "Using the simple formula A times B, over A plus B" in my Algebra class during my first semester of college. The professor tested it repeatedly on the board, then declared the class memorize it because it was better than what he was about to say. The really funny part was when he demanded I tell him, in the middle of class, where I learned that...I told him the title of the movie, the year of its release, and recited that scene for him. Thankfully, that endeared me to the professor instead of making him hate me.
    Southpaw came from baseball. Baseball diamonds are generally built with the batter facing southwest. If you were left handed, your arm would be south. Ergo, southpaw.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast