Our Sponsors:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/29/2009 12:30pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you mean am I BRAM. I hope so..ROFL..otherwise I hsve problems coming up..
    I sometimes doubt my expertice...:) but thank you..for the kind response
    Come see my newest blade designs @ BLADE May 29-31 in Atlanta..or train with me that Sunday..
    or see the coolest article in current May/June American Handgunner by Pat Covert on my training and designs: Measured Force..

Posted On:
    4/29/2009 1:56pm

Style: Pekiti, ARMA, other stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I think the accepted (though probably apocryphal) version is that both of you end up in the hospital, morgue, jail etc...

In this age of Asymmetrical Warfare, you should pull a gun on someone that's threatening you with a knife.
    Not from the distance he described.

Posted On:
    4/29/2009 2:12pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The time involved in drawing a firearm and discharging it are the same as drawing a blade, ablade which takes no aiming just interupting..intercepting with an edge.
    Don't bring a gun to a knife fight is the axiom...and of course it almost holds up in reverse: don't bring a knife to a gunfight..
    There might be clips of us with simunition and airsoft doing this @ the range while using training knives during ATO qualifications (Anti Terror Officer) www.s2institute.com
    I know its not real , yes it hurts if you screw up but its as close to real chaos as we get in training. Most are surprised @ how fast they get cut before they fire.
    Of course this doesn't address the original posting which I think was is it a bad idea to draw a knife on someone threatening you with a knife.

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    4/29/2009 3:47pm

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by selfcritical View Post
    Not from the distance he described.
    That's fair.
    But in my imaginary magical scenario, I'd already spotted the dude, knew he was going to pull a knife and already unholstered my gun, cocked it and put it under a newspaper pointing directly at the perp.
    :qleft5:
    Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.

Gandhi

Posted On:
    5/05/2009 3:55pm

Style: 9mm/Judo/BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Carry a push dagger, as you can easily hold it and just about any handgun at the same time, as well as a big, scary looking gun like an HK or Glock. Pull them both out at once, you automatically win as he shits himself.
    "Intelligence is nothing more than discussing things with others. Limitless wisdom comes of this." - 山本 常朝

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/05/2009 7:48pm

Style: Krav Maga/ Judo noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Umm Deploying a knife in this situation unless you practice in high stress situations or had been sneaking ti out while the guy approaches you are going to BLEED all OVER. and if you do get the knife out your gonna BLEED all over but you might MIGHT make him BLEED too. NIKE DEFENSE or you can use the PUMA DEFENSE or my prefrence the BATES DEFENSE.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/05/2009 7:50pm

Style: Krav Maga/ Judo noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bram View Post
    The time involved in drawing a firearm and discharging it are the same as drawing a blade, ablade which takes no aiming just interupting..intercepting with an edge.
    Don't bring a gun to a knife fight is the axiom...and of course it almost holds up in reverse: don't bring a knife to a gunfight..
    There might be clips of us with simunition and airsoft doing this @ the range while using training knives during ATO qualifications (Anti Terror Officer) www.s2institute.com
    I know its not real , yes it hurts if you screw up but its as close to real chaos as we get in training. Most are surprised @ how fast they get cut before they fire.
    Of course this doesn't address the original posting which I think was is it a bad idea to draw a knife on someone threatening you with a knife.
    Until you start making Lateral(or Horizontal if you prefer) Space not just trying to create parallel space. Then the tactical situation changes and then the GUN becomes the WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER

Weak

Posted On:
    5/09/2009 2:44am

Join us... or die
     Style: No longer training

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Haven't been on BS for a while but damn am I glad that people still cut through the BS from the word go :)

I'd drop any excess weight I was carrying (eg. your handbag) and run in the opposite direction. Fast.

I carry but I'm not sure if I'd be willing to get sliced up at short range even if I had my knife in my hand.
    "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

Posted On:
    5/09/2009 10:25pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian Jiu jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been threatened with a knife a few times in my life. I'm still breathing because I didn't pull my own knife and counter threat.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345