Posted On:
    4/24/2009 4:07am

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Munacra View Post
    Oh man no one took my bait.
    ZOMG! I thought you were being super-serious.
    You're a subtle baiting genius.
    You're such a master at baiting.
    A master baiter.

Oh. Yes.
    Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.

Gandhi

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/24/2009 4:42am

Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is why we no longer teach children at our school. I think our youngest student is 15

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/24/2009 7:48am

Style: BJJ, Judo & Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Munacra View Post
    This thread is stupid and you should feel bad for making it. It's hilarious how the grappling forum is quiet as a crypt but you all spend most of your time acquiring a sense of false superiority from those poor fellow who "just don't get it".

What I mean to say is shut the **** up and contribute something of value for once, main ideology of bullshido. Goddamit.
    no u

This is YMAS. Rants about stupid people and real-life brushes with bullshido BELONG here! :p
    Last edited by Rask; 4/24/2009 7:53am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/24/2009 7:49am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank White View Post
    Hope you're content knowing you're better than this 13 year old kid now, because you won't be for much longer.
    Damn right. This kid will be kicking my ass once he catches up to me size-wise.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    4/24/2009 8:16am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, what kind of stupid kid looks up to his big brother? That's ridiculous.

Nevermind that a 13 year old's brain isn't fully developed and most of them are too busy being overwhelmed by their hormones to think in a logical manner.

It's a good thing you decided he was stupid, rather than trying to help him by gradually showing him the light.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/24/2009 8:26am

Style: BJJ (faixa branca)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How old is the brother? What better way to show this kid the light AND convert a chunner than to invite the brother to take a trial class or two? You'd be saving two souls, and Helio will reward you in the afterlife.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/24/2009 8:32am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    Yeah, what kind of stupid kid looks up to his big brother? That's ridiculous.

Nevermind that a 13 year old's brain isn't fully developed and most of them are too busy being overwhelmed by their hormones to think in a logical manner.

It's a good thing you decided he was stupid, rather than trying to help him by gradually showing him the light.
    Don't worry man, I haven't written him off as an idiot; this was just a rant about how, even when someone seems like they're totally on the right path of no-BS, they can still be full of bullshido. Of course I'll try to show this guy the light, gradually and without being offensive (e.g., 'your brother's a liar'), but that's not what this thread is about.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/24/2009 8:37am

Style: Fitness-Fu and Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gbemi View Post
    How old is the brother? What better way to show this kid the light AND convert a chunner than to invite the brother to take a trial class or two? You'd be saving two souls, and Helio will reward you in the afterlife.
    DAmn you stole my advice!

I would also cordially invite the older brother to this web-site with a detailed explanation of our mission statement. Be honest, brutally honest but tactful and give him fair warning; to have a very thick skin.

Certified Personal Trainer and Drinker of Coffee

Posted On:
    4/24/2009 8:39am

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO/BJJ/Judo and others

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You should totally invite his brother to class. Then, when he's rolling, sneak up on him and stab him in the back with a ninja sword (a poisoned one of course). After the wails from the kid die down turn to him, stare into his eyes and whisper:

"Ninjitsu is the real too deadly"

**** turning him into a UFC champ, lets make The Batman!

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/24/2009 8:59am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rask View Post
    There was a new kid at our BJJ school last night. Prior to last night he hadn’t done any form of grappling before and he’s only 13, in a class where everyone else is 16 to 50 years-old, so we weren’t expecting much. This kid is seriously tiny, so I was guessing that the coach would tell him to come back in a few years when he gets a bit bigger. Needless to say, no one wanted to roll with a tiny 13 year-old when there were adults of their own size and skill level around, so he was left on the sidelines at first. Feeling sorry for him, I offered to show him some of the basics of BJJ, and we started rolling lightly with the intention that I would explain stuff as we came across it. It didn’t take me long to realise that any ideas of ‘going easy’ on this kid had to go straight out the window. This guy was tiny and inexperienced, but he fought like an animal, was flexible as hell, and went balls-to-the-wall the entire time. It was pretty obvious from the first round of rolling that this kid had the potential to be a champion and would be posing a serious challenge to much bigger adults there in about a year.

I spoke to him afterwards about what other MAs he’d done, and he mentioned that he trained in Muay Thai. He said he was planning to enter a junior MMA comp in a few months and wanted to get some solid grappling experience before entering. I was thinking to myself, “what a badass kid! He’s done Muay Thai, he’s doing BJJ, and he’s entering comps at thirteen.” I remember thinking how awesome it is that kids are finally escaping the shitty MA scene of Karate, TKD, Kung Fu, etc and doing serious stuff now that MMA is in the limelight. An long-overdue 'enlightment' in the realm of martial arts for kids and younger teens. Then he said something which made all my good impression of this kid fall apart –

“You hear about how they banned Wing Chun from the UFC because it just dominates too much?”

“Uhh, no…”

“Yeah, it’s just too deadly… like, they snap joints, punch other dudes in the throat, hit pressure points and stuff… it’s fucking wicked.”

“Who told you that?”

“My brother. He does Wing Chun and he’s pretty much unbeatable. He once beat up five guys in the city when they tried to take his wallet.”

“Who does he learn from?”

“William Cheung. He’s some old Chinese guy, you ever seen his videos on youtube? He’s, like, 100 years old and he kicks serious ass.”

“I trained under one of Cheung’s top students for about five years. I can promise you, Wing Chun’s not like that… and it’s not banned from the UFC. They don’t ban styles.”

“Nah man, I’m serious, it’s been banned because it’s just too dangerous. In MMA they’ve gotta keep it fairly safe or else someone’s gonna die, so they banned Wing Chun and Shaolin.”

“Shaolin, too?”

“Yeah man, that shit’s even better than Wing Chun. Those dudes, like, balance on spears and stuff, they’re fucking deadly.”

Moral of this story – no matter how promising younger martial artists may seem, they’re all stupid children.
    I ought to change the title to Rask is an idiot. This has nothing to do with kids or do I need to show you the 8-10 active chun threads with this type of conversation? Do, I need to introduce you to 46 year old Bruce Downey who believes he can escape a sunk in RNC? You know using Hun ga claw techniques.

I swear we had this encounter before. Maybe I should dig that thread ot of the depths and remind you of...well...you.

Better yet:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rask
    My experience with Wing Chun is that it is highly effective in close range. Getting into that range is the difficult part if you are fighting a TKD, Karate or Muay Thai fighter. Otherwise, most retarded thugs will start out by leading with their chin and walking right up to you, trying to intimidate you by puffing out their chest and giving you a push. They essentially put themselves into perfect range for Wing Chun to be effective. I have found allt he Chi Sao/Sticking Hands training to pay off in that I can control an opponent in-close far better than he can control me, and I am faster and cut straight up the centre line where it is hardest to defend. I would reccommend WC for this purpose only.

Also, make sure that it is proper WC that you are training - William Cheung's style as tought by the World Wing Chun Association. Anything called 'WingTsun' or 'Ving Tsun' should be avoided as this is a less dynamic style which leans backwards, placing the weight on the rear leg, and has a low and ineffective guard.
    Remember this post in a chun thread? I do.

I'm not dumping this in trollshido or changing the title because this reaction tends to happen to former larpers/chunners.

You see your "idiot" self in that kid and it pissed you off. At least he went to a real gym and didn't waste time chunning. That makes him a couple steps above you!!!

Deja Vu IIF
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast