Sponsored Links Spacer Image

l Travel To Get Choked!

Posted On:
    9/01/2009 8:50pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce View Post
    Do you have any word about the possible claims of past military service?
    No, but seeing as there is both renewed interest, and my life has calmed a bit once I visit Ken Kuek I'll stop over to Trinity.

Quote Originally Posted by Sublaxation77 View Post
    Really?

They train at Saunders? How many train at both places? Who?

How do you know they train at Trinity? I find that odd as Saunders is probably the best place to train BJJ at in Rochester.
    Just one that I know of, I'm terrible with names but he said he trained at Trinity and extended an invitation for me to come for a class. I asked in passing if anyone had heard of Trinity while in class at Saunders and was referred to the one gent.

Edit: Spelling
    Last edited by ignatzami; 9/01/2009 8:57pm at .
    I do not aspire to be great, or even good, I hope to suck a little less then last class.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/15/2010 3:21pm

Style: BJJ, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

?????????

Quote Originally Posted by ignatzami View Post
    No, but seeing as there is both renewed interest, and my life has calmed a bit once I visit Ken Kuek I'll stop over to Trinity.

Just one that I know of, I'm terrible with names but he said he trained at Trinity and extended an invitation for me to come for a class. I asked in passing if anyone had heard of Trinity while in class at Saunders and was referred to the one gent.

Edit: Spelling

What ever happened to this?

Posted On:
    2/26/2010 8:48pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I know Joe Buress

I used to go Joe's church....back around '91. Basically, there are two things I can tell you that might be relevant here....

First, Joe Burress is full of ****.

Two, Joe Burress has probably had martial arts training.

He did a lot of karate demos as part of his ministry. He could do things like break a stack of wood, cement blocks, etc. using a "one-inch" punch and things like that. Very effective at kicking the ass of inanimate objects. Also, you know, he seemed to move well.

Regarding point one above....he claims to have sparred with Chuck Norris when he was 18, he claims that the "mafia was after him" right around the time of his conversion to Christianity but since HUNDREDS of people were praying for the soul of Joe Burress thinks worked out for him. I only mention the religious stuff because I have heard a tall tale or two from him in this area regarding the mafia and such. He also bizarrely claimed that he converted an entire biology faculty (RIT) to young earth creationism or the view that the Earth is 10,000 yrs. old. In any case, he does have charisma, he can probably throw a solid punch, and he definitely exaggerates anything that ever happened to him.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    3/22/2010 11:27am

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ignatzami View Post
    The 2007 Arnold Grappling Classic is listed on NAGA, but there are no results posted so no way to verify the gold medal, or what size the division was.
    The Arnold Classic had an MMA division starting in 2006. I was there for that event. Helped coach a guy there. Obviously I don't recallall the results, etc. But just clarifying that it did happen.

The guy who claims to have won 2nd place in 2006 (Cody Goodfriend) would have been 17 or 18 years old (he is 22 now)...kind of young. Also, I can attest that many of the divisions that year only had 2 or three guys as it was the first year of the event.

For example, my student had 3 guys in his division. He won one and lost one. I also believe they had 2 experience levels. So, while I am not saying it is the case, there is a possibility that Cody got second place by losing. We also don't know what experience level he competed in, if he was there.

As a side note, it really irks me when people don't clearly list info like experience divisions in their bios.

I also question how he got his "Black Belt" in one year.
    Oh...I know how: LISTEN
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

"disgruntled ex student who couldn't hack training with Dave and his material and opted out (could be called pussied out) of training to go to Sambo" - Mor Sao

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/26/2010 5:13pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posted On:
    10/20/2011 6:32pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: mma / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can vouch for there being a wealth of ex-military and current military members there. Their crossfit program is run by a Marine, and a couple army 1st Sgt's run other programs within their church as well. A lot of students there are current or former Marine enlisted or officers, and I personally was drawn to this school because of the high percentage of military service members and police officers who train here. Ive worked out at trinity, trained a little at cnymma in Binghamton NY, and had basic exposure to the Marine Corps Martial Arts Program, and in my humble experience I have not seen another group with such intense physical conditioning or intensity of training. Regardless, I can definitively answer that yes there is a military presence at trinity.

-2LT, USMC
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456