Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/30/2009 5:00pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Please call to discuss further. As a Christian / martial arts instructor, I do not want to pass on information to anyone
    without first verifying to reason to the request.
    Arrrggggghhhhhh!!!! People need to be slapped that say this bullshit. How about just saying you know what, I don't trust you I'm not going to answer questions.

You already gave reasons.

l Travel To Get Choked!

Posted On:
    5/01/2009 10:24pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Arrrggggghhhhhh!!!! People need to be slapped that say this bullshit. How about just saying you know what, I don't trust you I'm not going to answer questions.

You already gave reasons.
    I'm seriously thinking of inviting the whole group to the thread. I'm just getting tired of the Christian run-around.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/01/2009 10:40pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You should, they are closing ranks.

Christian, Jew, Muslim, etc I could give a ****. Don't use religion, race, creed, sexual orientation etc as a reason not answer question. I have more respect for a "**** you, I don't need to answer ****" than, here is my religion blah blah blah.

l Travel To Get Choked!

Posted On:
    5/04/2009 1:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I sent the following to the gentlemen at Hawthorne MA, and Trinity Training.

Mr. Patterson, Mr.Hawthorne.

Your schools have recently been the topic of discussion on Bullshido.net. Bullshido.net is a martial arts community dedicated to upholding standards, and quality control, within the martial arts. The discussion can be found here: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=84722

Your contribution, as well as the contribution of the other instructors at Trinity, and Mr. Burress would be welcome.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Christopher Myer
    I had planned on going over tomorrow to train, but I am thinking it would be best to have them come on here and speak, then go and visit.

That and I really want to go back to Saunders BJJ, which also happens to be tomorrow at the same time.

l Travel To Get Choked!

Posted On:
    5/08/2009 11:13am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I received the following from Hawthorne Martial Arts, unfortunately I was unable to make it to either Saunders BJJ, or Trinity Training this past Tuesday due to illness. I responded with the e-mail below re-inviting Mr. Hawthorne to this discussion.

Hello Christopher,

Just a short note to see how you liked the workout at Trinity Training this past Tuesday night.
    Let me know what you thought and if you had the chance to speak openly with the instructors there.
    Your welcome to work out with me any time if you are in the Scranton area.

Thank you,

Philip Hawthorne <><............
    Hawthorne Martial Arts.
    Mr. Hawthorne,

Unfortunately I was unable to attend this past Tuesday. I came down with a nasty sinus infection that has kept me out of training for several days now. I hope to make it over there this upcoming Tuesday. I plan on speaking with all the instructors present as well as directing them to the discussion thread currently forming about both your school, Hawthorne MA, and Trinity Training. That thread can be found here: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=84722

I welcome you to join the discussion as your insight would be most helpful.

Christopher Myer

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/07/2009 10:21pm

Style: Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was looking up info about this place since a friend had also mentioned it to me recently, talking about how impressive their facilities are. They have an actual website http://trinitytraining.us/

The site also includes video of matches members of the club have had.

I'm not a fan of there Christian-themed approach, but they seem legit, are competing, and have experienced some moderate success in grappling, boxing/kickboxing, and mma events.

On a sidenote, the church the group operates out of also has a Crossfit for Christ program. I just thought that was interesting.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/01/2009 8:49am

Style: BJJ, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

??????????????

So...Christopher Myer. What happened with this? Did you ever go over there? Did they ever respond?

l Travel To Get Choked!

Posted On:
    9/01/2009 10:31am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sublaxation77 View Post
    So...Christopher Myer. What happened with this? Did you ever go over there? Did they ever respond?
    Yes, and No.

I rolled with several of the students of Trinity Training, entirely by accident, while taking a few classes at Saunders BJJ. I found them to be humble, capable, and generally decent guys. If their skills are a product of Trinity or Saunders I do not know.

I have not taken the time to verify that the head instructor was any more then a Christian themed karate instructor. I do plan to stop in the next time I'm down in PA.

Long story short, Trinity is legit, though there are significantly better options available in the CNY/WNY region. Burress remains un-verified pending my next trip to PA.
    I do not aspire to be great, or even good, I hope to suck a little less then last class.

Posted On:
    9/01/2009 12:35pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you have any word about the possible claims of past military service?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/01/2009 12:45pm

Style: BJJ, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ignatzami View Post
    Yes, and No.

I rolled with several of the students of Trinity Training, entirely by accident, while taking a few classes at Saunders BJJ. I found them to be humble, capable, and generally decent guys. If their skills are a product of Trinity or Saunders I do not know.

I have not taken the time to verify that the head instructor was any more then a Christian themed karate instructor. I do plan to stop in the next time I'm down in PA.

Long story short, Trinity is legit, though there are significantly better options available in the CNY/WNY region. Burress remains un-verified pending my next trip to PA.
    Really?

They train at Saunders? How many train at both places? Who?

How do you know they train at Trinity? I find that odd as Saunders is probably the best place to train BJJ at in Rochester.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast