Posted On:
    4/27/2009 4:54pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Combat Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sublaxation77 View Post
    Chriskungfu,

How does one become a 10th Dan in a form they created when there is no one to promote him?

What is his training lineage?

Why do stories of what he's done lead you to believe he is like God? this is a disturbing statement by a student of a supposed Pastor.

How did the instructors receive black belts in one year?

What rank in jiu-jitsu is the instructor? From who?
    When I was speaking of him being like God it was simply how I feel when I am around him, perhaps a better way to put is this: he has "it". You know, the person walks into the room and everyone looks at him and talks to him that kind of person, I didn't mean to say he was omnipotent.

Posted On:
    4/27/2009 4:56pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sublaxation77 View Post
    Chriskungfu,

How does one become a 10th Dan in a form they created when there is no one to promote him?

What is his training lineage?

Why do stories of what he's done lead you to believe he is like God? this is a disturbing statement by a student of a supposed Pastor.

How did the instructors receive black belts in one year?

What rank in jiu-jitsu is the instructor? From who?

Ahh sorry I forgot about the other questions lol. I do not know much about his training lineage, however a black belt is just a symbol of how advanced you are in a style, if you are at black belt level then why wait a certain time to obtain a black belt. However I do understand that some styles have time periods and such for their belts.

Posted On:
    4/27/2009 5:01pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ignatzami View Post
    Sorry for the lack of progress. I only have one free day a week, Tuesday, and I'm spending this Tuesday night at Saunders BJJ. Hopefully next Tuesday I will stop over to Trinity Training and say hello.

In other news, I am trying to contact Mr. Burress directly. I'll post any correspondence to this thread.

I also have family near Clarks Summit PA. I may stop into the Hawthorne MA Dojo the next time I'm in PA.

That would be groovy, um are you planning on going to his do-jo or Heritage Baptist church down at BBC cause thats when I go, anyways thats on Thursday 6:00 pm.

Posted On:
    4/27/2009 5:06pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Hello and welcome to bullshido.

Please verify the information. I am not saying he wasn't a seal or a seal instructor. The problem is, we have had many cases where the guy did a seminar with "seals" and suddenly was a "seal" trainer.

Also, insert any counter intelligence agency in the place of "seal." As 1point2 stated, this sub-forum is for serious discussion. If you can't post pertinent information, I'll be forced to move your posts to a less moderated forum.

No, they have presented a case, supplied information tracks, and offered to help.

You called him a"God." That's your freebie as well as this quote. Someone showing up in person doesn't prove his biography and style of study.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I did not call him a God, I said that when your with him it FEELS like your with God. Which in my previous post I also explained. Next up, the SEALs issue. I have no clue on how to obtain any info to prove my statement and even if I knew how, I doubt I could, considering I'm under 18. In any case when I first joined this forum I simply thought that you all were curious about Joe, I really am not in the mood for cyber bullying ect. ect. So I will stop posting, however I will continue to look at your posts until this series of posts has been closed, or resolved.

Posted On:
    4/27/2009 5:22pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by chriskungfu View Post
    Next up, the SEALs issue. I have no clue on how to obtain any info to prove my statement and even if I knew how, I doubt I could, considering I'm under 18. In any case when I first joined this forum I simply thought that you all were curious about Joe, I really am not in the mood for cyber bullying ect. ect. So I will stop posting, however I will continue to look at your posts until this series of posts has been closed, or resolved.
    I don't think anyone intends to bully you. or to ask you to do anything illegal or inappropriate. My question about his claimed background could be answered by asking him about it. Would you be comfortable doing that? I'd like to know the details of what he says.

Posted On:
    4/27/2009 5:40pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Asking questions about someone's background and credentials, or asking for verification of claims, is not in any form Cyber Bullying. I genuinely hope you do not return if that's your view because people who feel they should be sheltered from straight questions don't do well around here.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/27/2009 7:08pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by chriskungfu View Post
    Sorry for the misunderstanding, I did not call him a God, I said that when your with him it FEELS like your with God. Which in my previous post I also explained. Next up, the SEALs issue. I have no clue on how to obtain any info to prove my statement and even if I knew how, I doubt I could, considering I'm under 18.
    Thank you.

In any case when I first joined this forum I simply thought that you all were curious about Joe,
    We are curious about Joe's credentials not the man himself. Yes, that sounds cold but, it is the truth.

If we investigate someone we need facts not he is "god" like. That's what I'm trying to explain to you and you apparently don't get. He may have "it". Well, "it" doesn't matter if people are trying to check credentials.

I really am not in the mood for cyber bullying ect. ect. So I will stop posting, however I will continue to look at your posts until this series of posts has been closed, or resolved.
    Cyber Bullying would have involved cursing, calling you names, threatening you physically, and moving your post. I did none of the above. I informed you of the rules of this particular sub-forum.

You became upset. That's fine. The rules won't change just for you.

I did not call him a God, I said that when your with him it FEELS like your with God.
    Ahh To be young again and have a chip on my shoulder.

No, I'll pass.

l Travel To Get Choked!

Posted On:
    4/27/2009 8:18pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I sent the following to Hawthorne Martial Arts:

To Who It May Concern,

I am looking to contact Mr. Joe Burres. My name is Christopher Myer and I am working to verify the certifications held by the instructors of Trinity Training. If this address is not for Mr. Burress please forward this message on to him. I would very much like to speak to him.

Christopher Myer

l Travel To Get Choked!

Posted On:
    4/30/2009 2:26pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I received a reply from Hawthorne Martial Arts today:

Christopher,

I know the instructors from Trinity Training. I may be of assistance to you.
    What certifications are you looking for and what purpose do you desire the information?

You may call me at ###-###-#### as well to discuss.

Thank you
    Philip Hawthorne
    Hawthorne Martial Arts.
    I responded with the following:

Mr. Hawthorne,

First let me say thank you for taking the time to speak to me. My name is Christopher Myer, and I am looking for any information you can give me about the instructors at Trinity Training, Joe Burress US Combat Martial Arts, Paul Burress Jiu-Jitsu, as well as any ranks and/or certifications held by either Mr. Paul Burress or Mr. Joe Burress. I am asking for this information for two reasons. First and foremost I have been involved in the martial arts scene in Rochester for several years now and thought I had at least heard off all of the combat sports schools in the greater Rochester area. When I heard about Trinity Training I was surprised that I had never heard of the school, or the instructors. I was further surprised that once finding their website (http://www.trinitytraining.us) that the only mention of rank was in the systems listed above, Joe Burress US Combat Martial Arts and Paul Burress Jiu-Jitsu. Further investigation has not revealed any more information on either of these systems. I am very interested in verifying the credentials of these instructors as well as discovering the credentials held by the founder of their system. Again, I thank you for your time and look forward to hearing from you.

Christopher Myer
    I also had a chance to roll with one of the students of Trinity Training while I visited Saunders BJJ last night. While I found the gentlemen, a BJJ blue, to be a very competent grappler I can't ascertain if his skills were developed at Saunders BJJ, or Trinity Training, or both.

l Travel To Get Choked!

Posted On:
    4/30/2009 3:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I received another response from Hawthorne martial Arts, a very defensive response.

Christopher,

Thank you for your response.
    Please call to discuss further. As a Christian / martial arts instructor, I do not want to pass on information to anyone
    without first verifying to reason to the request. Joe is well known in the Rochester area as well as various governmental agencies, which he has instructed. Mr. Burress has over 45 years of martial arts experience and holds seven black belt rankings to include a 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, and 10th Dan.

Philip Hawthorne
    Hawthorne Martial Arts.
    To which I responded:

Mr. Hawthorne,

As a prospective Martial Arts student I feel it is my right to verify the credentials of my prospective instructor. I don't see any reason why this would cause the slightest alarm. Nor do I see why a phone call would be any different then an e-mail. If you could elaborate on the belts held by Mr. Burress I would appreciate it. In fact, if you know the style and awarding instructor, and could provide such information, I would be very grateful.

Christopher Myer
    I'm beginning to think that if Trinity Training is even semi-legitimate then I may want to look into Mr. Burress's qualifications.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast