Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/26/2009 9:38pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by chriskungfu View Post
    Hello friends, I'm new to this website, joined actually out of a search for the elusive Joe lol. Anyways My Sensei Mr. Hawthrone http://www.hawthornemartialarts.net/ was taught by him, I have also met him at a seminar with some college kids. to cut it short, he is no bs. Him being a navy seal with seem trivial after u have heard about some of things hes done and places hes been. The only way I can put it, is that when your with him you feel like your with God. Hes truly a genious in the classical sense of the word. In anycase if you can go to his classes BY ALL MEANS DO.
    A friendly suggestion: read and acquaint yourself with some of the rules and standards for this site. This forum (MABS, meaning Martial Arts Bullshido, ie, Fraud, Investigations and Standards) in particular is well-moderated and requires hard facts for most claims. This can be beneficial--we will ourselves refrain from most claims until proof has been found.

Basically, at this point we're just investigating the school and what they do, where the instructors came from and their credentials/experience. Since we can't take hearsay (from you) or insistent "come down and see" challenges or demands, I hope we can move forward to a productive discussion where we can get information out about your school.
    What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Xenophon's Socrates

Posted On:
    4/27/2009 7:24am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Combat Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce View Post
    Does he claim to have been a SEAL, chriskungfu?
    He wasn't just a SEAL, he taught the combat instructors that teach the SEALs. However, (I am not sure of this part.) he might have been a SEAL at one time.

Posted On:
    4/27/2009 7:27am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Combat Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1point2 View Post
    A friendly suggestion: read and acquaint yourself with some of the rules and standards for this site. This forum (MABS, meaning Martial Arts Bullshido, ie, Fraud, Investigations and Standards) in particular is well-moderated and requires hard facts for most claims. This can be beneficial--we will ourselves refrain from most claims until proof has been found.

Basically, at this point we're just investigating the school and what they do, where the instructors came from and their credentials/experience. Since we can't take hearsay (from you) or insistent "come down and see" challenges or demands, I hope we can move forward to a productive discussion where we can get information out about your school.
    I understand that you all want proof, This would be much easier in real life of course, however, until I find proof all I can do is speak my mind, which is what the other 3-4 people have done so far.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/27/2009 7:42am

Style: BJJ, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Chriskungfu,

How does one become a 10th Dan in a form they created when there is no one to promote him?

What is his training lineage?

Why do stories of what he's done lead you to believe he is like God? this is a disturbing statement by a student of a supposed Pastor.

How did the instructors receive black belts in one year?

What rank in jiu-jitsu is the instructor? From who?

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/27/2009 8:24am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He wasn't just a SEAL, he taught the combat instructors that teach the SEALs. However, (I am not sure of this part.) he might have been a SEAL at one time.
    Hello and welcome to bullshido.

Please verify the information. I am not saying he wasn't a seal or a seal instructor. The problem is, we have had many cases where the guy did a seminar with "seals" and suddenly was a "seal" trainer.

Also, insert any counter intelligence agency in the place of "seal." As 1point2 stated, this sub-forum is for serious discussion. If you can't post pertinent information, I'll be forced to move your posts to a less moderated forum.

I understand that you all want proof, This would be much easier in real life of course, however, until I find proof all I can do is speak my mind, which is what the other 3-4 people have done so far.
    No, they have presented a case, supplied information tracks, and offered to help.

You called him a"God." That's your freebie as well as this quote. Someone showing up in person doesn't prove his biography and style of study.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 4/27/2009 8:27am at .

l Travel To Get Choked!

Posted On:
    4/27/2009 9:56am

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry for the lack of progress. I only have one free day a week, Tuesday, and I'm spending this Tuesday night at Saunders BJJ. Hopefully next Tuesday I will stop over to Trinity Training and say hello.

In other news, I am trying to contact Mr. Burress directly. I'll post any correspondence to this thread.

I also have family near Clarks Summit PA. I may stop into the Hawthorne MA Dojo the next time I'm in PA.
    Last edited by ignatzami; 4/27/2009 9:58am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/27/2009 12:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This may lend some credence... Bill Gucker seems legit:

http://www.fitnessboxing.net/program.php

l Travel To Get Choked!

Posted On:
    4/27/2009 12:38pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sublaxation77 View Post
    This may lend some credence... Bill Gucker seems legit:

http://www.fitnessboxing.net/program.php
    That site gives a list of what he trained, not with who or two what rank. There is also the issue with the Sport v. Street that I have trouble swallowing. Though if he is in Victor that makes meeting up with him a lot easier.

I'll drop him a line and see what develops.

Though Mr. Gucker is not affiliated with Trinity Training.... unless I missed something.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/27/2009 2:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ignatzami View Post
    That site gives a list of what he trained, not with who or two what rank. There is also the issue with the Sport v. Street that I have trouble swallowing. Though if he is in Victor that makes meeting up with him a lot easier.

I'll drop him a line and see what develops.

Though Mr. Gucker is not affiliated with Trinity Training.... unless I missed something.

Notice I wrote "seems".

Mr. Gucker is listed as an instructor of Cody Goodfriend...though is not affiliated with the school apparently. Wonder Why?

Posted On:
    4/27/2009 2:09pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Could you find out some specifics? I'm especially curious to know if he performed this training as a part of his military duties, or if he was a SEAL.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast