Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

...has all your Jing.

Posted On:
    9/06/2009 6:29am

Style: Judo, baby! Yeah!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What SFGOON said... This thread scared the living piss out of me and I don't shoot nor am I around firearms with any regularity.
    "So, yeah, Zen teachers may well insult you, work you to the bone, hit you with sticks, shout verbal abuse at you, and punch the **** out of you.
    And when the ****'s been punched out of you, you might just find that you're far better-off without it." - Vieux Normand

"So in short, BJJ wins again. BJJ, and chainmail." - TheMightyMcClaw

"On bullshido, your opinions are not sacred, neither are your feelings." - Scrapper

"You entered the lions' den. Don't bitch if you get eaten." - danniboi07

"Needless to say, it's much easier to clear a bunch of drunk kids out of your house when you're yelling GTFO and carrying a samurai sword." - DerAuslander

"Eventually, I realized it doesn't matter what art you train, what matters is the method in which you train. Training in an alive manner, under skilled and qualified instruction, is the single most important aspect of gaining martial skill. All else is window dressing." - JNP : Saying it how it is!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/24/2009 11:02am

Style: Arnis, judo, Taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SFGOON View Post
    Thanks for sharing. That really made my testicles shrivel just thinking about it. Glad everyone's okay.
    Yeah I kinda felt like Lance Armstrong after it.

Just as a sort of update, My ex-exgirlfriend never got over it so I am single and living on my own again. Oh well she did not like to shoot anyway.

PT

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/06/2009 4:48am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JRT6 View Post
    The people who have the most ADs are the ones who shoot the most because of complacency, or so it seems. I've had AD's and early dsicharges but thankfully I'm paranoid about where my muzzle points although I get muzzle swept on the range all the time.

I dropped a Beretta 96 once doing a CQB demonstration and when the gun hit the ground it discharged sending a round between my legs and into the leg of the guy standing behind me. Turns out the firing was broken in two, with the firing pin block between the two pieces, and the remaining front part of the pin had enough mass to set off a primer. Needless to say if you dry fire or shoot a Beretta a lot you need to pop the roll pins and check that firing pin once a year.
    Always use snap caps to dry fire Beretta 92/96 series pistols. It will prevent firing pin breakage. That being said, I have never actually broken a firing pin and I fire about 20,000 rounds a year through a 92. I change my firing pin every year since the are cheap and I you are going to the trouble of taking it out to inspect it.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234