Posted On:
    4/20/2009 10:28pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The window probably had it coming.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Posted On:
    4/20/2009 11:04pm

Join us... or die
     Style: sambo/crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan View Post
    The window probably had it coming.
    basement windows are always getting it, the bastards!

Also, something similar happened to a friend of mine with his rifle. It discharged and the round went thru the wall, thru the garage door, across the street and thru the neighbor's car and lodged into their exterior wall.

Felony arrest.

I'm really glad you posted this, and even more relieved nothing bad happened. Just remember that a gun is made for killing ****, same way a skilsaw is made for cutting **** off (wood, fingers, hands etc) Respect the tool, every single moment.
    Many things we do naturally become difficult only when we try to make them intellectual subjects. It is possible to know so much about a subject that you become totally ignorant.
    -Mentat Text Two (dicto)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/21/2009 9:45am

Style: Arnis, judo, Taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by theotherserge View Post
    basement windows are always getting it, the bastards!

Also, something similar happened to a friend of mine with his rifle. It discharged and the round went thru the wall, thru the garage door, across the street and thru the neighbor's car and lodged into their exterior wall.

Felony arrest.

I'm really glad you posted this, and even more relieved nothing bad happened. Just remember that a gun is made for killing ****, same way a skilsaw is made for cutting **** off (wood, fingers, hands etc) Respect the tool, every single moment.
    Fortunately I did not have to deal with the local authorities. The house contained most of the sound and our home backs to a green belt so there was a large distance to the nearest house. Never the less I was scared shitless of exactly that scenario.

I am glad this has served as a cautionary tale for some of you. I would never give up my firearms but I can tell you that it has changed my outlook on them as far as show and tell.

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    4/21/2009 10:03am

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Loudest gun shot you'll ever hear.

Edit: The first person that ever really taught me about guns basically told me that everyone has at least one negligent discharge in them and it's just a matter of when rather then "if". The key is to make sure that when you have your ND that you're following the "never point a gun at anything you're not willing to destroy" rule.

My ND was with a weird cylinder count revolver. I think it held 8 shots, it was also a real gun enthusiast gun, sizeable caliber and a crisp light trigger pull.
    It was my first day shooting a handgun, maybe the second or third gun i had fired that day. They had me shooting it on single action, cocking the hammer every time. I think I was also shooting one handed but I'm not sure...

I go

BANG

BANG

BANG

BANG

BANG

BANG

click

But out of habit I cocked the hammer before remembering that I was out of rounds. (I mean...a revolver holds six and I shot six and went click so I must be out)

I reach my left hand up to take the gun by the cylinder so I can hand it back to it's owner, as my left hand approaches the gun it goes BOOM due to my finger being on that light trigger. (I still had it pointed down range when this happened

Cylinder flash burned my hand pretty good. I didn't realize that's what it was, all I felt was pain so the first thing I do is freak out and do a quick finger count.

I've shot much bigger guns since then but that's still the loudest shot I ever heard.
    Last edited by Anna Kovacs; 4/21/2009 10:32am at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/21/2009 12:02pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought I was gonna get some help for my ED here. Oh well. Glad to hear nobody got hurt!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/21/2009 11:28pm

Style: slackerjitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Planktime View Post
    I am glad this has served as a cautionary tale for some of you. I would never give up my firearms but I can tell you that it has changed my outlook on them as far as show and tell.
    Glad no one was injured.

Another safety precaution is to visually check the chamber and tell the person to whom the weapon is being handed that it is unloaded/loaded and then asking them to verify your statement.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/21/2009 11:57pm

Style: ex-wrestling, boxing newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I shot into the living room wall one time.

I had gone shooting that day and had been cleaning my xd and fell asleep on the couch. I have no clue how the round got chambered, the mags were both empty and there were no bullets in the living room, and obviously there weren't any in when I put the slide back on the gun.

I woke up at about 3am in my normal zombie state and headed to my room. Then I realized I shouldn't just leave guns laying around the place so I picked it up to put it away and noticed that the cocked indicator was out. Must have left it like that after I put it back together. The only way to decock an xd is to pull the trigger.

Now, the xd has a loaded chamber indicator that tells you when a round is chambered. In addition to this you should ALWAYS check the chamber of any gun anywhere, ever. Even if there is no possible way in hell bullets have ever even been near it. I didn't pay attention to either and BLAM! I really didn't even hear it. It was more like my ears popped hardcore. Like when you are on a plane times ten.

Scared the **** out of me. Luckily that wall is made out of brick, so no harm done. I still called the police and an officer came and was really friendly and he could tell I was pretty freaked out, but he and my roommate still had a pretty good laugh. I still get all sorts of **** for it.

Our living room smelled like gunpowder for the next three days.

Just goes to show that you should always always ALWAYS check the chamber.

Posted On:
    4/22/2009 9:19am

Style: Les Mills Bodycombat™

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was sort of lucky with my one and only ND, I pulled tight on the trigger of my SLR whille aiming at activity in woods on the other side of a field. Then stepped on a rabbit hole. Lucky it was a blank and I had a BFA fitted, unlucky Cpl Taff Rideout waas sent by the directing staff WO to see what the shot was and I got a bollocking folowed by suddenly looking at the sky unexpectedly with a ringing in my ears. He caught me a good one especilaly seeing I was twice his size, stumpy litle ****.

Posted On:
    7/30/2009 11:23pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Jeet Kune Do, Kali Silat

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another thing, always take apart and inspect a firearm you just got. my grandpa got a side by side shotgun awhile ago, he loaded 2 shells and closed the breech, as soon as he did one of the barrels went off. when he took it apart to investigate, he found that some parts were damaged. so always check it over first, its not worth the risk

Infidel

Posted On:
    7/31/2009 12:18am

Style: Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://news.sympatico.msn.ctv.ca/abc...anistan_090730

One soldier shoots and kills the other playing quickdraw.
    Claims it was self defense afterwards.
    You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast