Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/16/2004 12:10am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mikus,
    Yes. So if the guy is on your right side, you want to roll him in the direction of your left ear.

Posted On:
    1/16/2004 12:24am

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cool, thanks johnny.

Shumagaroth: Did you pendulum back and forth and back and forth, or just to one side? You have to do it 4 or 5 times as it builds up momentum, and then you end up completely on a side, and you just turn a little bit to get to all fours.
    You want some birth control? You can smoke a cigarette.

Posted On:
    1/19/2004 7:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anthony, here's this: http://www.homeagaincorp.com/sjj/tips04.htm

Basically what I was talking about, but much much better explanation.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/20/2004 4:33am

Style: Thaiboxning And BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by mikus
    Actually, this could very well get you armbarred.

yes you are right althoug if i stay in side position i risk mutch more then "just" an armbar and i am always risking some submisson...and armbars arent very difficult to escape ..

Posted On:
    1/20/2004 10:45am

Style: Im a Lover, not a fighter

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another very good one is to get your arm that is closer to them tucked under, reach around their leg and come to all fours and suck their leg in under you. Keep their instep on that leg pointed up and pull their heel up to control the leg, and take them down and take your own side mount.

Posted On:
    1/20/2004 1:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Johnny, thanks for that one roll. I tried it a few times last night. I successfully rolled a much superior brownbelt who is good at newaza. Tried it on another brownbelt and it got me out of the hold down and onto all fours, but he was able to keep his base and then immediately roll me over again. I'll keep working on that.

Professional Fighter/Instructor

Posted On:
    1/21/2004 1:32am

supporting member
     Style: Pro-Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is pretty strange to me to discuss side escapes without mentioning what holddown he is using.
    Does he have one hand wrapping over your far shoulder and the other bicep into your hip grabbing under your butt?
    Does he have both hands on same side?
    Does he have his hip side arm across you and is he pinching your hips between his elbow and knee?
    Does he have modified kesagatame?
    Where are your arms? Is he letting them get the correct position or are you looking for escapes from inferior hand position.
    Okay I'm speaking to no one in particular but what is a great escape from one side holddown is very dangerous for you with other holddowns.
    To the guy that has trained two years and not only cant escape stronger mens holddowns(even newbies?!?) but doesn't seem to think such a thing is possible I ask ...why do you then train grappling if it essentially doesnt work? and...have you thought about finding a new teacher?

Size can make a guy very hard to reverse if he knows how to move.
    But no holddown is inescapable, if you do the CORRECT escape he MUST change his holddown or lose side to your guard of halfguard.And often a smaller guy is quicker with transistional escapes between his holddowns.
    So to speak in specifics when a specific holddown is not stated is impossible.So I shall rather speak in general principles.
    To get your legs between he and you you must first get your arms between he and you.
    If one arm is stuck a good idea in many instances is to work an arm or hand into his trachea.This will create space, and space is your friend(on bottom).
    Your elbows should almost without exception stay against your torso.
    After feeing your arms you should not be on your back, you should be on your side and turning into him.
    If he is too big to easily move, you must just scott yourself away from him and just block him from following.

Posted On:
    1/21/2004 12:25pm

Style: Im a Lover, not a fighter

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **Paging MrMcFU**
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567