Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/15/2004 9:21am

Join us... or die
     Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Side control escapes

Your on the bottom....Aren't you supposed to work back underneath to like try to get to the guard or half-guard? Use your arms to create space and slide under? Or do you try more to roll them to the opposite side? What works more times then not?

Badness will not be rewarded

Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    1/15/2004 9:25am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't get in that position. Most good grapplers just won't let you out and if you are at a weight disadvantage, it is damn near impossible. I try and shrimp if someone passes my guard first of all, then bridge when the opponent isn't paying attention to their weight distribution when they go for a sub. However, these are last ditch things that I do.

Oh and I seem to remember some kind of sub when you are in side control, but I can't recall what it is. Anyone remember? Besides some collar choke . . .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2004 9:26am

Style: Thaiboxning And BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    always remember the basic attack "hip to hip" defense "hip away from hip" ...so first of all bridge and make space away from hisd hip ...when enough space get in with your legs to gaurd...thats the basic escape but then there are more ways depending on ehrer you have your arms and where he are in top of you....

Achievements:

Posted On:
    1/15/2004 9:28am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And I find that most of them don't work unless you have a strength advantage.

Posted On:
    1/15/2004 9:28am

Join us... or die
     Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One key thing I keep reading with ground fighting (which probably is obivous) is always work to a more dominate position before trying to submit... Isn't the list of dominate positions like

Back control, then mount, then side control then guard with the least being at bottom....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2004 9:29am

Style: Thaiboxning And BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    a kimura could work in side control dependig on his position....althougt if the position is good for i kimura you could aswell oput your foot in beetween his feet and brifge ond voila you have him in side position....

Achievements:

Posted On:
    1/15/2004 9:33am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah but you would have to muscle it because of lack of leverage on the bottom

Posted On:
    1/15/2004 10:12am

Style: Im a Lover, not a fighter

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "And I find that most of them don't work unless you have a strength advantage."

Then your technique apparently sucks. If you cant move someone bigger and stronger than you, you have some problems right off the bat.

Posted On:
    1/15/2004 10:14am

Style: Im a Lover, not a fighter

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "One key thing I keep reading with ground fighting (which probably is obivous) is always work to a more dominate position before trying to submit... Isn't the list of dominate positions like

Back control, then mount, then side control then guard with the least being at bottom...."

Its something to keep in mind, but not necesarily a rule persay. Being on bottom has lots of submissions you can do, doesnt mean you shouldnt go for them because you are in the worst possible position. If someone has your back, would you not work for a submission for the sole reason of where you are... if a submission is there you should be trying to take it regardless of where you are.

Achievements:

Posted On:
    1/15/2004 11:40am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by J-Lau
    "And I find that most of them don't work unless you have a strength advantage."

Then your technique apparently sucks. If you cant move someone bigger and stronger than you, you have some problems right off the bat.
    Obviously you have not learned too much about the "size and strength matters" rule. Maybe if you stopped rolling with only white belts, you would.
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast