228803 Bullies, 5424 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1 to 10 of 37
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. DeadlyVenom7 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    491

    Posted On:
    4/18/2009 11:06pm


     Style: Chinese martial arts

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Since Victor Parlati didn't...

    produce any video demonstrating Traditional Wing Chun used under pressure, i was glad to be able to. i tried to put together a throwdown, and unfortunately, only one person from here showed up, but i think he gave me a pretty fair challenge. no one was really out to kill anyone; it was meant to be friendly but realistic. i don't look as picture perfect, straight-out of the textbook TWC as i'd like, and i can already hear the criticisms "it doesn't look like WC to me...", but TWC does look a lot different than other WC/WT out there anyway. bottom line, it was a great experience, and i hope that TWC can be looked upon in a better light. see the vids Vorpal provided here:

    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...t=82032&page=5

    also, sometime soon, i will try to upload the videos Sifu Redman recorded of the same sparring session.
  2. wingchunx2z is online now

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    775

    Posted On:
    4/19/2009 1:00am


     Style: Wing Chun

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyVenom7 View Post
    produce any video demonstrating Traditional Wing Chun used under pressure, i was glad to be able to. i tried to put together a throwdown, and unfortunately, only one person from here showed up, but i think he gave me a pretty fair challenge. no one was really out to kill anyone; it was meant to be friendly but realistic. i don't look as picture perfect, straight-out of the textbook TWC as i'd like, and i can already hear the criticisms "it doesn't look like WC to me...", but TWC does look a lot different than other WC/WT out there anyway. bottom line, it was a great experience, and i hope that TWC can be looked upon in a better light. see the vids Vorpal provided here:

    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...t=82032&page=5

    also, sometime soon, i will try to upload the videos Sifu Redman recorded of the same sparring session.
    wow very nice. Thank you I'm glad someone else out there in the wing chun community is at least capable of showing something of thier art in sparring. TWC looks interesting, I deff see the william chueng skippy entrance used, pretty well it looks like. Good work, I was alittle dissapointed that sifu parlatti never posted his vids but I'm glad to see your stuff. Good goin man.
  3. CoffeeFan is offline
    CoffeeFan's Avatar

    Certified Personal Trainer and Drinker of Coffee

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Sherwood, OR
    Posts
    2,179

    Posted On:
    4/19/2009 1:09am

    supporting member
     Style: SAMBO/BJJ/Judo and others

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So there's TWC, WC, and VC? I'm lost in all this. Props for putting up video and sparring other styles, it makes for better martial artist.
  4. theotherserge is offline
    theotherserge's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North of San Francisco
    Posts
    4,458

    Posted On:
    4/19/2009 1:25am

    Join us... or die
     Style: sambo/crossfit

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yep, TWC/WC/VC/whatever. good job just getting it done and testing yourself, sans endless blather and palaver...
    Many things we do naturally become difficult only when we try to make them intellectual subjects. It is possible to know so much about a subject that you become totally ignorant.
    -Mentat Text Two (dicto)
  5. Kantroce is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    136

    Posted On:
    4/19/2009 2:37am


     Style: We'll see

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who was the guy getting jabbed in the face over and over trying to chain punch?

    Edit* I'm not trying to be a dick, but someone was having jab for lunch that day. The guy with the black shirt that had a symbol on the back.
    Last edited by Kantroce; 4/19/2009 2:44am at .
  6. 8bit is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    421

    Posted On:
    4/19/2009 5:23am


     Style: wing chun

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It was pretty clear that you were doing wing chun. Saw the lap sau drills, tan sau, hell, a lot of the saus that I never see when wing chun people spar. One thing with that classic TWC kick lead is it becomes predictible and all somebody has to do is grab it.
  7. Rivington is offline
    Rivington's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    East Bay, CA
    Posts
    4,733

    Posted On:
    4/19/2009 9:20am

    supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you the Uncle Fester guy, or is that someone else?
  8. hpr is offline
    hpr's Avatar

    Knock-off Cthulhu

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Helsinki / Finland
    Posts
    2,181

    Posted On:
    4/19/2009 9:40am


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Bill Duff is Vorpal, I think.
    Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.
  9. Gezere is offline
    Gezere's Avatar

    My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Rhineland Pfalz, Der Vaderland
    Posts
    10,587

    Posted On:
    4/19/2009 11:38am

    supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kantroce View Post
    Who was the guy getting jabbed in the face over and over trying to chain punch?

    Edit* I'm not trying to be a dick, but someone was having jab for lunch that day. The guy with the black shirt that had a symbol on the back.
    I was thinking the same thing.

    Props for putting it out there but based off the two vids I watched. (It takes forever for them to load here) it seems WC or whatever has given him a lot of bad habits. He was eating punches in a light sparring match. In one I counted 4~5 clean shots in about 30 seconds with none on Vorpal. Not trying to be a dick but that video is an example why you shouldn't do WC/WT/whatever.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

    RIP SOLDIER

    Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

    You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh
  10. DeadlyVenom7 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    491

    Posted On:
    4/19/2009 3:39pm


     Style: Chinese martial arts

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wingchunx2z View Post
    wow very nice. Thank you I'm glad someone else out there in the wing chun community is at least capable of showing something of thier art in sparring. TWC looks interesting, I deff see the william chueng skippy entrance used, pretty well it looks like. Good work, I was alittle dissapointed that sifu parlatti never posted his vids but I'm glad to see your stuff. Good goin man.
    hopefully if anything can be seen, its that when it comes down to it, it depends on the individual making it work or not. schools that train with "aliveness" and realistically will produce practitioners who can fight. if we all trained in Wing Chun and kept getting hit over and over, we'd all quit lol. i believe you'll see more from me and others at the school.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.