Sponsored Links Spacer Image

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    4/27/2009 9:55am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On a more hypothetical topic does anyone know anything about the efficacy of passive non-compliance or false compliance in these situations? Psychologically it is difficult for people to process actions that are different than words in a high stress situation.

For example you can say things like no problem man whatever you want while slowly backing away. or facing the wrong direction while assuring them of your cooperation. I've also always wondered about just throwing your wallet too. Or acting overly scared. too scared to comply correctly for example. Basically anything really out of the ordinary to create space and confuse the situation.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/06/2009 10:00pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by somekido View Post
    Wow thank you so much BSK712. That is very much the sort of post I was hoping to receive (you clearly spent some time on that and I appreciate it).

I've read it once, I'm going to read it again to try better visualize the scenarios and internalize it.
    Somewhat of a necro to the thread but I just figured i'd give an idea I use. Train the scenario and try to put yourself in that state of emotional shock. Secondly I would start out with a squirt gun. It is my opinion that gun disarms only work based on the concept of action beats reaction. You are not going to be fast enough to beat the bullet out of the barrel.

You might with training be fast enough to beat the electrical impulses being sent to his brain and back that it wakes for him to react to the fact you're trying something. So in essence the ebst thing to train for is to be faster than it takes him to realize you just moved. You can never be certain with toy and rubber guns. Squirt guns are not accurate in thier mid range accuracy or the mechanics of the bullet leaving the chamber but they will serve the purpose of seeing if you were faster than your partner could pull the trigger. As you progreess I would get a paintball vest and move up to airsoft or paintballs.

As for techniques I find that the moes we use in wing chun are very good for this as it is multiple things happening at the same time. I kick his kneemove offline and use both my hands to control his one wrist to keep myself out of his firing line.

If you're gogint o be non chun about it then spar with a squirt gun. Dont jsut stop once it's disarmed. have your partner pull ti on you if you disarm him immidiately have him try to retrieve it and in doing so you wil rpepare yourself for the worst case scenario. Use whatever you think might work and see if it does. Your teacher can tell you somehting works but until you've seen ti work for you it's got no real proven track record.

Just my little ideas. Feel free to take anything you feel is usefull or ignore the ramblings of a chunner.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/06/2009 10:36pm

Style: MT noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wingchunx2z View Post
    Somewhat of a necro to the thread but I just figured i'd give an idea I use. Train the scenario and try to put yourself in that state of emotional shock. Secondly I would start out with a squirt gun. It is my opinion that gun disarms only work based on the concept of action beats reaction. You are not going to be fast enough to beat the bullet out of the barrel.

You might with training be fast enough to beat the electrical impulses being sent to his brain and back that it wakes for him to react to the fact you're trying something. So in essence the ebst thing to train for is to be faster than it takes him to realize you just moved. You can never be certain with toy and rubber guns. Squirt guns are not accurate in thier mid range accuracy or the mechanics of the bullet leaving the chamber but they will serve the purpose of seeing if you were faster than your partner could pull the trigger. As you progreess I would get a paintball vest and move up to airsoft or paintballs.

As for techniques I find that the moes we use in wing chun are very good for this as it is multiple things happening at the same time. I kick his kneemove offline and use both my hands to control his one wrist to keep myself out of his firing line.

If you're gogint o be non chun about it then spar with a squirt gun. Dont jsut stop once it's disarmed. have your partner pull ti on you if you disarm him immidiately have him try to retrieve it and in doing so you wil rpepare yourself for the worst case scenario. Use whatever you think might work and see if it does. Your teacher can tell you somehting works but until you've seen ti work for you it's got no real proven track record.

Just my little ideas. Feel free to take anything you feel is usefull or ignore the ramblings of a chunner.
    FACEPALM x INFINITY

now wing chun is good for defending against a cocked gun
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567