Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/16/2009 9:36pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: muay thai, hapkiyoosool?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They were fine young (17-23 I'd guess) black gentlemen. And no they haven't been caught yet, though the police told me they think they know the identity of one of the men. Just no luck finding him yet.

So Sarcastro, are you African American, or were you just wearing black-face?

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    4/16/2009 9:38pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by somekido View Post
    They were fine young (17-23 I'd guess) black gentlemen. And no they haven't been caught yet, though the police told me they think they know the identity of one of the men. Just no luck finding him yet.

So Sarcastro, are you African American, or were you just wearing black-face?
    I'm russian/chinese. I was gonna stir up a racial thing and cause a ruckus with people on here, but I decided against it because I got banned for saying *******, I mean presidents, last time.

How old are you? Get a gun, shoot some presidents.
    Last edited by King Sleepless; 4/16/2009 9:41pm at .

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    4/16/2009 9:39pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySpark View Post
    Wow you should definitely get a .45
    Idn't that kind of large?

Infidel

Posted On:
    4/16/2009 9:47pm

Style: Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro View Post
    Idn't that kind of large?
    You can hit someone six times or once.
    You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    4/16/2009 9:51pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah I guess so. I've always been Partial to the P226, which I know only comes in .40 in the highest caliber and the USP 45 subcompact. Always been favorites of mine.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/16/2009 9:53pm

Style: MT noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    damn Australian gun laws, can't carry squat all anywhere

We can't even carry blades around

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/16/2009 9:59pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: muay thai, hapkiyoosool?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am 27, old enough to carry guns.

Though not racist. When I saw the gentlemen approaching, I thought "hmmm this is suspicious. They are approaching in a strange path and its 12:40am and in an old folk's community... I could go inside, but I don't want to be a racist asshole who runs from black kids late at night.." Then came the smile, then the gun. Hehe.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    4/16/2009 10:04pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am 27, old enough to carry guns.

Though not racist. When I saw the gentlemen approaching, I thought "hmmm this is suspicious. They are approaching in a strange path and its 12:40am and in an old folk's community... I could go inside, but I don't want to be a racist asshole who runs from black kids late at night.." Then came the smile, then the gun. Hehe.
    I know you're from the East Coast and suffer from what I like to call, "White man's guilt."

But it's always better to be safe than sorry. **** their feelings. They're big boys, they can handle it.

Infidel

Posted On:
    4/16/2009 10:12pm

Style: Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    p226, is .357 magnum bigger than a .40?
    I just shot a 226 clone in 9mm and it shot very well.

I still think .45 is the way to go.
    Sti has a near match grade .45 for very cheap.
    You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    4/16/2009 10:27pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was sitting outside teaching one of my friends how to program on my nice macbook pro. The next thing I know, two young gentlemen approach and one smiles and puts a gun in my face. He shoves me to the ground, making me kneel and moves the gun between the back of my head, the side of my head and randomly about. The other unarmed kid gets between my friend and I, I guess to run interference. What really scared me is that neither were wearing masks, so i was worried that the nice fellow's threats that he was going to leave a whole in my head were serious, since armed robbery is a serious offense and we might be able to ID them... So I spent a lot of time looking down, trying not to see his face, but still trying to keep my eye on his gun and moved my foot under one knee so I could spring faster if I had to...

I have muay thai training, which I suppose is better than nothing in this situation, if for no other reason than basic conditioning and that it could turn into a fist fight should the gun be kicked away. Obviously, no matter what training I had, I would never willingly escalate such a situation. I kneeled there thinking that IF it became obvious that he was about to kill me, it was tremendously irritating that I really couldn't think of much to do. My plan was to:

1. grab his wrist and shove it to the side
    2. Then either:
    a. grab the gun with the other hand and just try yanking it away, perhaps biting his hand or arm near his wrist to encourage him to let go.
    b. try to lift his legs out from under him and drop him off the third story balcony.

Neither of which would probably have worked :-/

In any case, it ended as well as a scenario like this can. They left me and my friend mostly unhurt, tho quite a bit poorer and now aggravated and a bit shaken. It turns out that at least one of these men likely murdered someone one week ago and shot at someone again a few nights ago. So we were VERY lucky.

So, aside from the obvious "comply comply comply", what do my fellow Bushido-ers suggest (techniques, systems, "still comply"?!) in the event that one is almost certain that they are about to be shot in the head? Also, I know it's slightly irrational to worry too much about this, as it isn't likely to happen again, but this is not the first time I've been robbed with a weapon, nor had a gun pointed at me in anger. Each time I assumed it wouldn't happen again ;-)

Thanks so much.

Far be it from me to present myself as an expert on this forum, but just from how you described it, it seems to me that probably the "worst" thing you did was to kneel down, limiting your mobility and your ability to do anything physical. I imagine that if you talked to some loudmouthed krav instructor or something he'd probably tell you to use your super pistol disarm technique while he's pointing the gun at your face but before he's pushed you down, or something. Not to monday morning quarterback or anything, but just imagining what a fat RBSD guy would probably say.

Secondly, you said you tried not to see his face, but I would think that if he was capable of killing you over a laptop in the first place he probably wouldn't have dissected the idea of whether or not you could have IDed him in order to come to a balanced conclusion about whether or not to execute you. So I figure that was probably a wasted effort/maybe hurting your situational awareness unnecessarily.

Does that make sense? Again, I'm just trying to think about this in a common-sense way, since nobody else is specifically addressing your initial questions about this situation.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast