Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/16/2009 8:27pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: muay thai, hapkiyoosool?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

So I had a gun put to my head last week...

I was sitting outside teaching one of my friends how to program on my nice macbook pro. The next thing I know, two young gentlemen approach and one smiles and puts a gun in my face. He shoves me to the ground, making me kneel and moves the gun between the back of my head, the side of my head and randomly about. The other unarmed kid gets between my friend and I, I guess to run interference. What really scared me is that neither were wearing masks, so i was worried that the nice fellow's threats that he was going to leave a whole in my head were serious, since armed robbery is a serious offense and we might be able to ID them... So I spent a lot of time looking down, trying not to see his face, but still trying to keep my eye on his gun and moved my foot under one knee so I could spring faster if I had to...

I have muay thai training, which I suppose is better than nothing in this situation, if for no other reason than basic conditioning and that it could turn into a fist fight should the gun be kicked away. Obviously, no matter what training I had, I would never willingly escalate such a situation. I kneeled there thinking that IF it became obvious that he was about to kill me, it was tremendously irritating that I really couldn't think of much to do. My plan was to:

1. grab his wrist and shove it to the side
    2. Then either:
    a. grab the gun with the other hand and just try yanking it away, perhaps biting his hand or arm near his wrist to encourage him to let go.
    b. try to lift his legs out from under him and drop him off the third story balcony.

Neither of which would probably have worked :-/

In any case, it ended as well as a scenario like this can. They left me and my friend mostly unhurt, tho quite a bit poorer and now aggravated and a bit shaken. It turns out that at least one of these men likely murdered someone one week ago and shot at someone again a few nights ago. So we were VERY lucky.

So, aside from the obvious "comply comply comply", what do my fellow Bushido-ers suggest (techniques, systems, "still comply"?!) in the event that one is almost certain that they are about to be shot in the head? Also, I know it's slightly irrational to worry too much about this, as it isn't likely to happen again, but this is not the first time I've been robbed with a weapon, nor had a gun pointed at me in anger. Each time I assumed it wouldn't happen again ;-)

Thanks so much.

Infidel

Posted On:
    4/16/2009 8:48pm

Style: Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Carry a pistol.
    Shoot them in the back when their running away
    Fire their pistol off and stage a shoot out.
    Claim self defence.
    Save the next couple of guys after you from getting murdered by them?
    You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/16/2009 8:54pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I considered that too, but they rather thoroughly searched me and likely would have found the gun before they left. So it probably wouldn't have helped in this particular scenario (and others like it).

But yes in general I agree that there are many many situations where having a pistol would help...

Infidel

Posted On:
    4/16/2009 8:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe it's cause you had a mac and everyone hates mac users ;)
    You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/16/2009 9:13pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Haha! I hadn't thought of that but you're probably right.

I hated macs until last year when I realized they were easier to deal with than BlaCKHat LuNiX but still supported tons of unix-y goodness. As a programmer, I do believe that rocks.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    4/16/2009 9:19pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry bro, I really hate Macs. Me and my buddy just wanted to scare you! I didn't know you were a fellow bullshido'er.

I'm waiting to save up some money so I can carry and get my CCW. More and more, my work is sending me to statistically more dangerous places at statistically worse hours of the night, with lots of hardware, money and expensive **** that I do not want to get stolen.

Hopefully, I can get it. :\

Sucks brosephine. But you did the right thing. Did they get caught?

Infidel

Posted On:
    4/16/2009 9:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What do you do for work Sarcastro?

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    4/16/2009 9:21pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh and seriously though, don't go down without a fight though if you know he's gonna off you.

Just out of curiosity, what was the race of these dudes?

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    4/16/2009 9:22pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySpark View Post
    What do you do for work Sarcastro?
    Computer Janitor.

I'm carrying servers, cash deposits, workstations, super fucking expensive PCI cards. PLC Licenses, Novell Licenses, etc.

You wouldn't believe the amount of money Licenses are worth.

Infidel

Posted On:
    4/16/2009 9:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow you should definitely get a .45
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast