Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2004 8:50pm

Style: Tooth&Claw

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Xuanlong Xian
    once Su Kong Tai Jin has some credible inheritors, maybe someone will care to investigate him.
    Great bullshitters often make for interesting subjects (Ever heard of PT Barnum?). Besides, just because you're unaware of such research does not mean it does not exist. Any professional historians here?

Welterweight

Posted On:
    1/15/2004 9:19pm

supporting member
     Style: Taiji/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Do you know where I can find the pic with the bear?

As to my other question, has anyone here actually seen Sin Kwang The or Ie Chang Ming in action?
    The top pic of Tai Djin you posted is the one with the bear. The bear is cut out for some reason.

I have met Sin The several times. The man is in damned unbelievable condition for a guy his age, I must say. I saw him do a supposedly unchoreographed sparring session with nunchakus against a guy with a spear.

The spear guy was moving pretty slow, and Sin The actually dropped the nunchakus at one point (!), but other than that it was ok.

For some reason there doesn't seem to be just a whole lot of info on Ie chang Ming or even a picture for that matter. Strange considering he died in 1976 (or 1968 depending on which history you read).

You might check Sin The's brother's site. He has his own school, and his own history that differs from Sin's version.

http://www.centralshaolin.com/cshaolin_pages/intro.html

Hiang The claims that Ie Chang Ming is their actual grandfather. He also claims "grandmaster" status.

Posted On:
    2/16/2008 4:00pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ, JKD concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes its wierd. The brothers had a falling out I guess and they dont like each other. If you notice Sin The' makes no reference to Le chang ming being his grandfather at all- only Hiang The does.

There is a painting supposedly of Le Chang Ming with his grandson Hiang Kwang The on the few central shaolin sites. Sin The' has the same painting on his numerous sites but his brother is always criopped out. Makes you wonder.....

Both brothers claim that their made them the grandmaster of the art of Shaolin. Interestingly, the brothers still communicate. at least at the belt testing ceremonies.

When I studied Shaolin-Do in Anderson IN, I remember my instructor telling me that Hiang The' is kind of an asshole. He said Hiang is really strict about people doing their forms correctly....I guess that makes him an ass or something. But GM Sin The' is I guess more relaxed on katas. And that is evident when you visit a Shaolin-Do school.

Not really that relevant to Su kong tai djin but whatever....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/26/2008 4:34pm

Style: Shaolin/Judo/JuJitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Guys, I was with the Shaolin Do organization for quite a while. heard all of the stories about the preceeding Masters and the various training routines and the whole smear. To be quite honest, before I tried SD, I had briefly studied Judo and Karate. I was a wrestler in high school and college and thought I trained well. The training i received from those guys was pretty involved and got a lot out of me. I have used it in the military and in law enforcement situations with very nice results. It may be hokey on the linage, but I can attest to its effectiveness in the street.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123