Page 29 of 45 FirstFirst ... 192526272829 3031323339 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/24/2010 7:52pm

Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Just in case anyone here hasn't seen poutine. Funny thing is I can get it at New York Fries (althought they don't use the curds). Anyway, it's amazing but then again I'm partial to cheese. I won't eat fries normally unless they're covered in gravy and cheese curds.

12th level logic wielder

Posted On:
    9/24/2010 7:55pm

Style: BJJ, judo, rapier

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindz View Post
    You can't beat vera's meat

I think Fatburger makes better burgers, even if Vera’s has a better tagline (next to that picture it may not be a pleasant image, but it’s certainly memorable). Of course, Vera’s also doesn’t close retardedly early in the evenings.

Me, I go for the burgers at St. Augustine’s on Commercial Drive just north of Broadway. The burgers are good; the pub boasts “40 microbrew beers on tap – largest selection in western Canada” and rotates some of their taps so often they have to print out new beer lists 2–3 times a week. Living two blocks from that place is pleasant but expensive. (The Whaletail Ale altbier they have on tap right now is awesome.)
    [ petterhaggholm.net | blog | essays ]
    [ self defence: general thoughts | bjj: “don’t go to the ground”? ]
    “The plural of anecdote is anecdotes, not data.”

Posted On:
    9/24/2010 8:45pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pokeroo View Post

Just in case anyone here hasn't seen poutine. Funny thing is I can get it at New York Fries (althought they don't use the curds). Anyway, it's amazing but then again I'm partial to cheese. I won't eat fries normally unless they're covered in gravy and cheese curds.
    THATS An insanely NICE PIC!! The burger king version non withstanding...
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.

Posted On:
    9/24/2010 11:50pm

Join us... or die
     Style: comparison shopping

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Petter View Post
    I think Fatburger makes better burgers, even if Vera’s has a better tagline
    I disagree most heartily sir. Vera's tastes like beef. Fatburger tastes like those burgers you get at the grocery store that go on the grill round then come off it oval.

Posted On:
    9/25/2010 4:18am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    AND VERILY the good lord had created sustenance for mankind through the creatures on the earth, the plants and grains, when for some unknown reason he decided that one could take a thick colugulating paste and actually form a patty out of it and on the 13th day white castle was created.
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    9/25/2010 12:13pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387 View Post
    AND VERILY the good lord had created sustenance for mankind through the creatures on the earth, the plants and grains, when for some unknown reason he decided that one could take a thick colugulating paste and actually form a patty out of it and on the 13th day white castle was created.
    And the Lord said it was good. Well, maybe not good, but at least it was cheap.

Posted On:
    9/25/2010 3:10pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CodosDePiedra View Post
    And the Lord said it was good. Well, maybe not good, but at least it was cheap.
    Haha yeah,

I will say this: as a foodie I argue passionately for certain things.... But I never saw nothing until I saw two jewish guys fighting over the biggest pizza pie for the money.... I thought I was bad about arguing a point of gastronomic merit.

Posted On:
    9/26/2010 9:15am

Join us... or die
     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pokeroo View Post

I do like the chips cheese and gravy but for the best pov meal chips and mushroom sauce is the go. Dont have a picture though.

Posted On:
    9/26/2010 1:20pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post
    I do like the chips cheese and gravy but for the best pov meal chips and mushroom sauce is the go. Dont have a picture though.
    Fries vis a vis chips and gravy is a noble concept. Mushroom, red eye, any kind of southern white gravy (really more a sauce)... what is hard to fathom is the cheese curd, though Pokeroo's picture shows that it can at least look presentable.

I had honestly only seen the cheese curd variety at fast food places, I could be swayed to change my mind like sam I-am green eggs and ham.
    Pockeroo's pic is such I am curious.... There are some crazy food combos out there!!!!

One of my favorite things to eat, and no this is not what you get for the superbowl game, or when you take the lady friend out for valentines day!!!! Is Zabar's Herring and Sour Cream and onions. Most people would rightly think this combo is crazy, but it works and it is actually very special.

Posted On:
    9/26/2010 1:27pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am sorry gentlemen but this is where it is at

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Carne_Asada_Fries.jpg