Sponsored Links Spacer Image

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    9/22/2010 11:51am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387 View Post
    meanwhile in SAN FRANCISCO foody capitol of the free world? try getting lunch before 10 ocklock.. hell try getting lunch at 11:00 and the crap that passes for good food here? doughy heavy breads, thick sliced cold cuts... good luck finding Boars Head.... pizza with dough that makes you go "Doughgghgh" and homer simpson your farhead.
    the best two pizzas I had while living there was a Russian pizza joint off Bernal Heights and another hole-in-the-wall on Polk St. that was dark and filthy but the pizza was awesome.

There are days when I would sell my organs for a decent Sabret hot dog or pizza slice and an egg cream with a pretzel stick. And Corn beef? good luck finding a decent corn beef sandwich in the land of "meat has to be so lean it does not have flavor" never mind if you are (like myself) an occasional meat eater who does not eat it everyday. Finding decent Jew food in san fran is like trying to find a college graduate at a Raider's game!
    try the Opera House Deli (I think that is what it was called) right there in the little shopping area under the Opera House. They had some decent sandwiches and a 'fountain bar' that offered egg creams when I was living there. It might not still be there or it might have gone downhill, but it was the closest I found to a decent deli since we left New Jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by CodosDePiedra View Post
    I was kinda wondering where there were Sonics. There's commercials for them here, but the only one I've seen was on a road trip through Utah and it was full of tweakers so we didn't stop there.
    Sonic isn't good for food, Sonic is good for drinks. The food is subpar, but it has an awesome drink selection.

Rowsdower!

Posted On:
    9/22/2010 12:15pm

Join us... or die
     Style: On Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why is an egg cream called an egg cream when it has neither eggs nor cream?

Posted On:
    9/22/2010 12:29pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Miracleman View Post
    Why is an egg cream called an egg cream when it has neither eggs nor cream?
    google it. there are a few alternative explanations.
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.

Posted On:
    9/22/2010 12:31pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    the best two pizzas I had while living there was a Russian pizza joint off Bernal Heights and another hole-in-the-wall on Polk St. that was dark and filthy but the pizza was awesome.

try the Opera House Deli (I think that is what it was called) right there in the little shopping area under the Opera House. They had some decent sandwiches and a 'fountain bar' that offered egg creams when I was living there. It might not still be there or it might have gone downhill, but it was the closest I found to a decent deli since we left New Jersey.

Sonic isn't good for food, Sonic is good for drinks. The food is subpar, but it has an awesome drink selection.
    max's opera plaza cafe. subpar. yes they serve it.

There was a good pizza place in the mission and in the castro both closed. They just don't know how to make the crust right. Actually the Indial restaurants do pizzas that are ok here. "Indian pizza"
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.

Posted On:
    9/22/2010 12:34pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post
    We have that here but use tasty cheese. And have a weird name for it.
    Chips cheese and gravy.
    what i don't get is how one comes up with that combo! I love a nice cheese product.... Gravy can be the spice of life, and potatoes? but brown gravy and cheese? I don't get it!!

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    9/22/2010 12:37pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    max's opera plaza cafe. subpar. yes they serve it.
    It was decent when we went....granted that was some time ago, but hey.
    There was a German sandwich place right off Union Square, Tenderloin side, across from one of the hotels (sorry, don't remember where exactly) that had shitty, angry service from stronefaced older German women, but a decent sandwich.

There was a good pizza place in the mission and in the castro both closed. They just don't know how to make the crust right. Actually the Indial restaurants do pizzas that are ok here. "Indian pizza"
    I lived a couple of doors down from Twin Peaks Pizza on Church, so that was usually my fallback.

There was, don't know if its still there, but there was an Indian restaurant in an old converted bank a couple blocks off Union Square. Man, that was awesome.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2010 1:01am

Style: Muay Thai, Boxing, nogiJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CodosDePiedra View Post
    We don’t have poutine in SoCal, but we got a specialty called carne asada fries: a bed of French fries, covered in cheese and carne asada, possibly with sour cream, and pretty much anywhere you go, they’ll give you a big giant pile. We used to split them between a few people back in highschool.
    They also (from my experience) have beans and guacamole on them too. Also, you can get carne asada nachos with are, surprise surprise, the same thing but with nachos instead of fries.

This thread is making me hungry.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2010 10:37am

Style: TKD/ TSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yes but Pokeroo you have somethingin the land of snow and snow that America does not.... you have....Potin!!!!

If God invented something more discusting than Potin, he's keepin that **** for hisself! I first learned of this miraculous food substance as a PHD student at UofT.

I was mortified.... I actually thought it was used as morter til someone informed me that it is consumed...

Potin= a combination of... are you ready? Chips (fries to americans) canned cheap brown gravy and Cheese Curds, similar to cottage cheese?

It is a known fact that British Loyalists in Canada get together in mass hidden rituals and have Potin parties where mass quantities of this edible eliquer are consumed as comfort food, while the fate of Quebacoise loyalists is determined.

I've actually had this dish in my travels to Quebec as a youth. I thought it was rather tastey as well as the hamburgers with Canadian Bacon on them.....dang it guys, now I'm hungry!

Posted On:
    9/23/2010 11:49am

Join us... or die
     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by twisted mind View Post
    I've actually had this dish in my travels to Quebec as a youth. I thought it was rather tastey as well as the hamburgers with Canadian Bacon on them.....dang it guys, now I'm hungry!
    here you go have a Buxton burger.

I actually ate that one when I was fat and diddn't care. Of course no more burgers for me for 3 weeks.
    Last edited by gregaquaman; 9/23/2010 11:55am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2010 12:59pm

Style: TKD/ TSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good God man!!! That's quite a burger there..........oh and BTW, to MR. BG