Page 27 of 45 First ... 1723242526272829303137 ... Last
  1. #261

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    605
    Style
    mma
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wikidbounce View Post
    Being on the other side of the world, I don't know how Whataburger or In and Out fit on this map, but still find it an interesting reference for Burger dominance.
    Being from Canada I can say, I've never hear of Whataburger, Hardee's, Sonic Drive in, or Carl Jr's. And the first time I ever heard of Jack in the box was when some guy went on Oprah because he forced his child to eat under-cooked meat from their drive trough and the child died. I mostly wonder about the famed "White Castle" from the Harold and Kumar movie. Here we have chains you may not have heard of... such as Harvy's. In Canada the big burger chains would be McDonald's, Burger King, Harvy's, A&W, and Dairy Queen. This has been another... USELESS FACT!

  2. #262

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    3,079
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CodosDePiedra View Post
    I was kinda wondering where there were Sonics. There's commercials for them here, but the only one I've seen was on a road trip through Utah and it was full of tweakers so we didn't stop there.
    I see em when I travel to Louisiana.... But I never eat there because in Southern Louisiana you can go to a gas station with a grill in the back and get a "plate lunch" so good, so cheap that you want to slap yer mama.

    meanwhile in SAN FRANCISCO foody capitol of the free world? try getting lunch before 10 ocklock.. hell try getting lunch at 11:00 and the crap that passes for good food here? doughy heavy breads, thick sliced cold cuts... good luck finding Boars Head.... pizza with dough that makes you go "Doughgghgh" and homer simpson your farhead.

    There are days when I would sell my organs for a decent Sabret hot dog or pizza slice and an egg cream with a pretzel stick. And Corn beef? good luck finding a decent corn beef sandwich in the land of "meat has to be so lean it does not have flavor" never mind if you are (like myself) an occasional meat eater who does not eat it everyday. Finding decent Jew food in san fran is like trying to find a college graduate at a Raider's game!
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

    The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.

  3. #263

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    3,079
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pokeroo View Post
    Being from Canada I can say, I've never hear of Whataburger, Hardee's, Sonic Drive in, or Carl Jr's. And the first time I ever heard of Jack in the box was when some guy went on Oprah because he forced his child to eat under-cooked meat from their drive trough and the child died. I mostly wonder about the famed "White Castle" from the Harold and Kumar movie. Here we have chains you may not have heard of... such as Harvy's. In Canada the big burger chains would be McDonald's, Burger King, Harvy's, A&W, and Dairy Queen. This has been another... USELESS FACT!
    yes but Pokeroo you have somethingin the land of snow and snow that America does not.... you have....Potin!!!!

    If God invented something more discusting than Potin, he's keepin that **** for hisself! I first learned of this miraculous food substance as a PHD student at UofT.

    I was mortified.... I actually thought it was used as morter til someone informed me that it is consumed...

    Potin= a combination of... are you ready? Chips (fries to americans) canned cheap brown gravy and Cheese Curds, similar to cottage cheese?

    It is a known fact that British Loyalists in Canada get together in mass hidden rituals and have Potin parties where mass quantities of this edible eliquer are consumed as comfort food, while the fate of Quebacoise loyalists is determined.
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

    The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.

  4. #264

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Burnaby B.C.
    Posts
    3,063
    Style
    Jacket wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pokeroo View Post
    Being from Canada I can say, I've never hear of Whataburger, Hardee's, Sonic Drive in, or Carl Jr's. And the first time I ever heard of Jack in the box was when some guy went on Oprah because he forced his child to eat under-cooked meat from their drive trough and the child died. I mostly wonder about the famed "White Castle" from the Harold and Kumar movie. Here we have chains you may not have heard of... such as Harvy's. In Canada the big burger chains would be McDonald's, Burger King, Harvy's, A&W, and Dairy Queen. This has been another... USELESS FACT!
    You can't beat vera's meat



    and dsimon it's spelt poutine

  5. #265

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    3,079
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindz View Post
    You can't beat vera's meat



    and dsimon it's spelt poutine
    I never spell anything right.... damn if I am going to start with that vile substance.
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

    The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.

  6. #266
    Robstafarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Chesterfield, VA
    Posts
    1,822
    Style
    None
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindz View Post
    and dsimon it's spelt poutine
    ...because it's French, just ask a Québécois.

  7. #267
    Permalost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    13,882
    Style
    street paddleboarding
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387 View Post
    I see em when I travel to Louisiana.... But I never eat there because in Southern Louisiana you can go to a gas station with a grill in the back and get a "plate lunch" so good, so cheap that you want to slap yer mama.
    I was introduced to some places like this in Tijuana. The only thing that made them less good was a slight fear in the back of your mind that you'd be regretting it later.

    meanwhile in SAN FRANCISCO foody capitol of the free world? try getting lunch before 10 ocklock.. hell try getting lunch at 11:00 and the crap that passes for good food here? doughy heavy breads, thick sliced cold cuts... good luck finding Boars Head.... pizza with dough that makes you go "Doughgghgh" and homer simpson your farhead.

    There are days when I would sell my organs for a decent Sabret hot dog or pizza slice and an egg cream with a pretzel stick. And Corn beef? good luck finding a decent corn beef sandwich in the land of "meat has to be so lean it does not have flavor" never mind if you are (like myself) an occasional meat eater who does not eat it everyday. Finding decent Jew food in san fran is like trying to find a college graduate at a Raider's game!
    When I've gone to San Francisco, we would stay near Chinatown and eat there (I've only been to the city for kung fu tournaments), and there was some decent food, and some horrible stuff. At least it was all cheap.

  8. #268

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Burnaby B.C.
    Posts
    3,063
    Style
    Jacket wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387 View Post
    vile substance.

    Pushups to you sir.

  9. #269
    gregaquaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arlie Beach
    Posts
    2,909
    Style
    mma /boxing/muai thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387 View Post
    yes but Pokeroo you have somethingin the land of snow and snow that America does not.... you have....Potin!!!!

    If God invented something more discusting than Potin, he's keepin that **** for hisself! I first learned of this miraculous food substance as a PHD student at UofT.

    I was mortified.... I actually thought it was used as morter til someone informed me that it is consumed...

    Potin= a combination of... are you ready? Chips (fries to americans) canned cheap brown gravy and Cheese Curds, similar to cottage cheese?

    It is a known fact that British Loyalists in Canada get together in mass hidden rituals and have Potin parties where mass quantities of this edible eliquer are consumed as comfort food, while the fate of Quebacoise loyalists is determined.

    We have that here but use tasty cheese. And have a weird name for it.
    Chips cheese and gravy.

  10. #270
    Permalost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    13,882
    Style
    street paddleboarding
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We don’t have poutine in SoCal, but we got a specialty called carne asada fries: a bed of French fries, covered in cheese and carne asada, possibly with sour cream, and pretty much anywhere you go, they’ll give you a big giant pile. We used to split them between a few people back in highschool.

Page 27 of 45 First ... 1723242526272829303137 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO