Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/26/2009 8:34pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: foot to face

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    im sorry to say it mrBadGuy, but someone have to tell you.
    you sir, you fail at life (at least your martial art life TEEHEE)

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/26/2009 9:29pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    MBG, I think you need some filler material - screw the BJJ and kickboxing, go back to Kuk Sool Won!

King of the Impossible

Posted On:
    7/10/2009 1:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Grapplomancer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Forever Fat II Part Two Act Two: Illumination

One day, minutes upon entering, a man asks me, "Hey, are you from the internet?" The question momentarily stuns me, like a giant squid being clicked at by a sperm whale. I mean, I'm not FROM the internet; it's a corrolational relationship, at best. "Uhm, yes. Wait, what?" Upon further inquiry, it was none other than indy007. We chat briefly, and train. He has the skills to pay the bills, and the dues to pay tharuz. What strikes me about the atmosphere is how fun everything is; the people, the training, everything. Maybe it was just the novelty of a new training location, or the novelty of something that isn't complete horse crap. Either way, I'm enamored with the way things turned out.

I continue training grappling, but I'm more focused on the kickboxing. It's simply more thrilling; while BJJ was my wife, kickboxing was that hot new receptionist who always leaves her top button unbuttoned, and always drops her pen in front of my desk.

The beginner discoveries also further motivated me; If I throw a few punches, sometimes I can slip a leg kick in there! Hey, if I time his kick just right, I can fly in and bang zoom him straight to the moon! Maybe that's what I liked best about the kickboxing discoveries; they were easy to come upon, also like the hot new receptionist.

I also frequented the MMA class; hell, I went to every class. Three hours a day, five days a week, I was training. It wasn't that I wanted to be some super bad ass, it wasn't that I was doing it to get in better shape; I was just having so much damn fun. Learning new things every night, about grappling, striking, or myself. It was a journey of practicality and self discovery.

I start adding more and more kicks into the mix, and start landing more and more strikes, and start getting hit less and less. I'm not going to pretend I was any good; my brain lacks the neccesary function to discern between hands and feet, and will frequently tie itself in a knot. I got hit and kicked in the face and body with a good frequency, could not counter punch, and lacked any manner of finesse. However, I learned enough to pretend to look like I was Genki Sudo, which was more than I could've wished for.

Over time my love for kickboxing faded as I got stuck at a wall. People who had been training for a smaller amount of time than I had were beating me up. All progress stopped; I had reached the highest point I could with the amount of time I was investing and my innate skill level.

Maybe this is why BJJ was my wife; because I had an undying love for her, and a tiny bit more skill with her, despite my frequent trysts with other disciplines.

I continue training in my blissful way, when I find to my delight that I've been accepted to Law school. The part time program would run from 6-9 at night, Monday through Thursday, while I worked full time. It was exactly what I wanted, but a there was a tiny nagging thought in the back of my head I hadn't quite realized yet. I ignored it, and continued in my blissful ignorance.

One day, I had a special move I was planning on trying out. I thought about it all day long, and at every stop light on the car ride home. I couldn't wait; I wanted to see if it would wor-BLAM, BLAM BLAM.

I utter expletives as my car fills with smoke. An irate woman runs out of the car behind me, screaming, "Whyd you stop so fast?!" A very dazed man steps out of the car in front of me, and an equally frustrated man out of the car in front of him. I'm still not entirely sure what had just happened.

The move is gone now from my mind.

The lady had hit me, causing me to hit the guy in front of me, and him the man in front of him. Pain slowly beings to creep along my spine, up into my neck. A four car pile up; my car was smashed on both ends. The police give the lady the ticket, making her responsible for all 3 cars worth of damage.

After the bumpiest trip to the emergency room ever, I change into an assless gown. To make matters worse, this was the day I had chosen to wear my holey, mustard stained, only the elastic remains underwear. I'm led across the entire hospital to the X-ray room by an intern; once inside she walks behind me and laughs. "Oh, here, let me close that for you", she says as she ties my gown shut. What a bitch.

They take X-rays of my spine and neck; I'm told it's just muscle spasms pushing my spine out of alignment. In time, they tell me, the spasms will go away and my back will go back to normal. However, they see something they don't like, and refer me to a spine surgeon.

After a five hour wait, the spine surgeon takes great delight in telling me of my newly discovered genetic defect. He points to the X-ray, and shows me where I'm missing some kind of connecting bone between my L4 and L5 vertebrae, and that I apparently have two fractures in the latter. He further elaborates that my injury is only going to be exacerbated by my defect. The chain of events is pretty shitty, and almost comical; Isthmic's Spondylolysis, hell, it even has LOL in the name.

He regrets to inform me I'm going to be on the bench for no less than one month.

Fucking great.

Forever Fat II Part Two Act Three: Wanderlust King

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/10/2009 2:01pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *chills*

Certified Personal Trainer and Drinker of Coffee

Posted On:
    7/10/2009 2:02pm

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO/BJJ/Judo and others

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well.......that was a downer. Sucks dude, I didn't realize you had back issues

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/10/2009 2:14pm

Style: BJJ (faixa branca)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry to hear about the injury, man. Hope you have/had a speedy recovery.

Oh, and:

Posted On:
    7/10/2009 2:21pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is pure drama, dude. Wow.

I thought I was engrossed before, but I had no idea.
    What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Xenophon's Socrates

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    7/10/2009 3:40pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is no emotocon for the size frowny face i have right now.
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

Posted On:
    7/11/2009 12:16am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBadGuy View Post
    One day, I had a special move I was planning on trying out. I thought about it all day long, and at every stop light on the car ride home. I couldn't wait; I wanted to see if it would wor-BLAM, BLAM BLAM.
    When I first read this I thought "wor-BLAM, BLAM BLAM" was the noise your special move would make, like "FOOM FOOM FOOM," except better.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/11/2009 11:59am

Style: BJJ/MT/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn. And just when things were looking up for you.

Get better soon.