Sponsored Links Spacer Image

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    4/14/2009 5:13pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Military people, how do you feel about Somalia?

Those of you who are in the military, how do you feel about the pirates? Also, chances are you will probably be deployed there in the next few years, how do you think the government will handle this?

Posted On:
    4/14/2009 5:17pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    More of my tax money going to be spent fighting a lossing battle. yay!

Check please?!?
    Website Administrator Tom Kagan just loves email, instant messages, private messages, text messages, tweets, status updates, and every kind of personal contact. You can reah him at his personal email account at [EDITED BY TOM KAGAN] or even on his cell phone number at [EDITED BY TOM KAGAN].

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    4/14/2009 5:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not if we fight it the way Jefferson did.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/14/2009 8:07pm

Style: BJJ, MACP (hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** the pirates, and **** Somalia. Every time I think of how bad Iraq was, all I have to do is realize "hey, at least it's not Somalia/Sudan/WTFever".

Posted On:
    4/14/2009 9:01pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If someone had shot the first bunch of idiots trying to hijack a ship we wouldn't be having this conversation now. They should go over there and evaporate anything that gets close to our ships. I'd go if I was still in.

is badder than you

Posted On:
    4/14/2009 9:15pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm pretty sure a UAV should be able to handle a dinghy full of pirates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

How do elenchus?

Posted On:
    4/15/2009 6:40am

Style: gah, transition again

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Problem is, Russ, that there's more than one Dingy. There's probably a couple of hundred; pirates tend to congregate in communities of barbarians, if they aren't operating out of regular cities- which they usually can't in anywhere that has a working goverment, such as Malaysia, the other big pirate hotspot.

Either way, the problem's easily solved with hot lead.
    Lord Krishna said: I am terrible time the destroyer of all beings in all worlds, engaged to destroy all beings in this world; Of those heroic soldiers presently situated in the opposing army, even without you none will be spared.
    Bhagavad Gita 11:32

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    4/15/2009 6:57am

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post
    If someone had shot the first bunch of idiots trying to hijack a ship we wouldn't be having this conversation now. They should go over there and evaporate anything that gets close to our ships. I'd go if I was still in.
    Nah. Even if we shot the first bunch of assholes who did this, they'd just try it again. It's the only way they can make monies.

Ironically, I think that Africa is going to be Obama's test for his mettle. I doubt, seriously doubt, he has the testicular fortitude to go through with a way to settle this thing. I mean, with Iraq and Afghanistan, we forget that it was the American society who was bitchin' and moaning for us to "KICK THEIR FUCKING SAND ****** ASSES AND GET SOME REVENGE!" while it's pretty obvious the rest of the world is going to dawdle around with their dicks in their hand saying, "Boy. If only a world superpower with the best military on the planet would go and take care of this problem we totally wouldn't be in this situation...." and then they wink suggestively at us and nudge us with their big stupid UN elbow while saying, "right? right? Right America? Right?"

From what I've read the French sent a few Para Legion down there to protect French ships. They sunk a few pirates and the French people were all up in arms about it.

That is my problem with all this. We send the Navy and the Marines out to **** some **** up, LIKE EVERYONE EXPECTS AND ASKS US TO, take names and maybe we'll even set up a central government of some kind. Maybe, OHMYGOD, even help them rebuild. BUT THEN, everyone will criticize us for being the world police again. Bitching and moaning about how we are strongarming everyone, blah blah blah world police, blah blah blah.

Honestly, I say we just say **** it. Let the problem solve itself. Either the Pirates will establish a Pirate Government of some kind or they'll just collapse on themselves for having no centralized government. It'll take a long time. People will be fucked up. But no more bad press for our military and people will realize that it's unfortunate, but we need a world police, and AMERKAH has the resources and capabilities to do it.

We have to treat society as if they're dumb retarded fucktard children who has multiple personality disorders. What I see happening is that we're going to get urges by other countries and our own society to send troops into Somalia to clean **** up. We'll go in, **** some **** up, break down the bricks of the house they've haphazardly built. Then we'll help them establish a REAL government again. Help them improve life over there. And then we're going to get criticized for trying to be the world police. Of course, they'll forget that they had been urging the US to do something about it. But they're gonna bitch when we do something about it. Fucking assholes.
    As soon as we leave Somalia and pull out, the entire place is gonna fall to **** again. People's arguments will be, "WE SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE! IT'S THEIR CULTURE, WE SHOULDN'T HAVE DONE ANYTHING TO DISRUPT IT!" or something similar. Bullshit will come out like, "THEY'RE JUST TRYING TO FEED THEIR FAMILIES! THEY HAVE NEVER KILLED ANYBODY! WE SHULD JUST NEGOCIATE WITH THEM AND USE DIPLOMACY!"

It'll be the beginnings of the culture war that'll start World War III.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe Noctem View Post
    **** the pirates, and **** Somalia. Every time I think of how bad Iraq was, all I have to do is realize "hey, at least it's not Somalia/Sudan/WTFever".
    Why is it worse?
    Last edited by King Sleepless; 4/15/2009 7:13am at .

Middleweight

Posted On:
    4/15/2009 9:30am

supporting member
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have bookmarked this thread and plan to write a reply to you, Sarcastro, the next time I can get my writing brain cells fired up again. Honestly, I've found a new level of fatigue and it makes me want to murder someone.

Back to the topic, though, a lot of what you said needs to be addressed and I plan to do it. If this thread becomes necro territory I'll just PM you quoting your post.

Posted On:
    4/15/2009 10:05am

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Obama will want to talk with them first. Then offer them aid. Then offer to talk with them again. Then ask the UN for support. Then ask the UN to talk with them and offer them aid and THEN ask them to PLEASE stop very firmly but also very nicely and he will make sure we dont offend any Somalians, or any one of Somalian decent, of Somalian Americans. Or realy anyone from East Africa for that matter. World public opinion is so important you know. OH and just imagine the dresses his wife will wear while IN Somalia! Oh I cant WAIT.
    Website Administrator Tom Kagan just loves email, instant messages, private messages, text messages, tweets, status updates, and every kind of personal contact. You can reah him at his personal email account at [EDITED BY TOM KAGAN] or even on his cell phone number at [EDITED BY TOM KAGAN].
Page 1 of 13 1 234511 ... LastLast