Posted On:
    8/24/2004 1:22pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Raul Perez
    Sounds good where is the space located?
    28th st and 7th ave. very close to penn station for the long island crew.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/24/2004 1:26pm

Style: Ryukyu Kempo-Toudi Jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds like a plan. I used to teach between 55th and 56th street on 8th Ave (8th Avenue Studios).

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    8/24/2004 11:26pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ok, so i talked to the guy who runs the space, he has to think about it a bit (not sure if his standard waiver would be enough, and he needs to find out more about throwdowns - i'm going to show him some of the throwdown reports, and videos.)

i think it will be cool but as a backup i will look into rental space at fighthouse.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Easily Distracted by Food.

Posted On:
    8/25/2004 8:13am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fighthouse has the mats and stuff and I don't rental fee's are that much. They do require you to sign waivers. I wouldn't mention "throwdown" or out and out full contact fighting. Mention hard sparring if anything.

It's currently where I train.

Depending on the day/date I should be able to attend. How many people are interested first?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2004 8:24am

Style: Ryukyu Kempo-Toudi Jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm interested and I could possibly get some more people from my gym to come as well.

Posted On:
    8/25/2004 9:32am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you can count me in for sure, and i'm pretty sure i could bring 1-3 people with me as well.

jaychiu, what times/days are available at fighthouse? i know a lot of people teach there, just wondering how likely it is to get a weekend daytime slot (seems like the best time for everyone especially those coming in from LI.)

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/25/2004 9:46am

supporting member
     Style: SECRET DEADLY

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will be there, just say date and time
    ----------------------------------------
    After reading Jekyll's threads I bring back an old sig.......

Do you really train or just bore people on message boards and parties talking about it.

Easily Distracted by Food.

Posted On:
    8/25/2004 2:15pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You'll have to call but the weekends are usually open. It's a pretty big space but the issue would be mats. They have some but if we get a lot of people some might have to sit on the sidelines and watch for a bit. Sounds like there's enough people interested to have one.

What would be on the agenda? Someone should come up with a gameplan.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/25/2004 4:14pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/MMA/JKDC

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Im also interested. Im totally free on Sundays.

Posted On:
    8/26/2004 2:45pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i took a look at the fighthouse website, and am super-impressed. if there are enough of us, we should try to get the ring and the mat area next to it, that way we could have a standup ring and a grappling ring (or just 2 rings of MMA if we wanted.

from what i have seen on the throwdown videos, there is a fair amount of sideline sitting even with a small group, those mats look more than sufficeint.

as far as an agenda, i think in general people meet there, talk techniques, demo the techniques, maybe trade a few training methods and then people start sparring. we videotape as much of it as possible, and then post it here.

how long is everyone thinking it should be? 2 hrs? 3? 4? i need to know so i can see if i can get the space.

lets pick a date, say oct 24th? that should give us time to put it together.
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast