Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Shogun of Long Island

Posted On:
    1/15/2004 9:47pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol, you guys are funny. my giant brain more than makes up for my lack of size! it's my roommate who's the big bodybuilder, i just tag along for the humor of it! had you all fooled, huh? :-P you asshats are probably just pissed that a little guy like me has been fucking with you for so long!

ciimax, mark li (master li's son) usually teaches classes and me and steve are there to assist. there were maybe between 6 and 10 students there last time i went. i'm not sure what they're doing now, but last time it was mostly a beginner's san shou class with instruction in wrestling, throws, hitting a kicking shield, some hand techniques, some body hardening exercises, etc., with a little bit of forms at the end followed by stuff like pushups and v-ups. stretching and a little qigong were the warmup. i'm under the impression that they started sparring since i left, but i'm not completely sure what the deal is right now. it's in that room in the basement with the wrestling mats. email me when you get back from break, jamesjen@optonline.net.

gojuJKDdude, it takes me about an hour from my parents' house so i expect it would be about an hour and a half without too much traffic. i wasn't aware that there was a MT club here. i know there's an aikido-type club and a TKD club, kumdo, and fencing, and i think a karate club, but i haven't heard anything about MT. i'm pretty behind on my sparring and conditioning since my knee injury, so i would prefer to wait on kickboxing-type activities until i get back in the groove of things. also you are significantly bigger than me and also have more experience, so you'll probably kick my ass but we should meet up anyway in april when i have my break.

kuroyama, i'm not sure if my roommate will be here to film it on the weekend, but you can come anyway. it'll be a nice experience for me as well since i don't think i've ever met someone 265 pounds, much less practiced with them. i can show you some things about xing yi that you will probably find very interesting. my teacher has seminars out on the west coast so you might have a chance to train with him out there if you like what you see. email me at jamesjen@optonline.net and i'll send you my phone number so we can figure out the details.

Shogun of Long Island

Posted On:
    1/15/2004 9:48pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you see, i'm actually a reasonable enough person when i'm not trolling. imagine that!

Shogun of Long Island

Posted On:
    1/15/2004 10:14pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah, i'll be the first to admit my shortcomings (haha). doctors deal in realities, not fantasies. plus, you guys won't care how tall i am or how much time i spend in the gym when you show up at the ER and i save your life! so STFU, pussies!

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    1/15/2004 10:47pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    are you tall enough to see over the gurnies?

Light Heavyweight

Achievements:
    VeteranRecommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    1/16/2004 8:06am

supporting member
     Style: fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Jenfucius
    yeah, i'll be the first to admit my shortcomings (haha). doctors deal in realities, not fantasies. plus, you guys won't care how tall i am or how much time i spend in the gym when you show up at the ER and i save your life! so STFU, pussies!

wow, i have much more respect for you than i did before.

btw, i am not being sarcastic.

Light Heavyweight

Achievements:
    VeteranRecommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    1/16/2004 8:15am

supporting member
     Style: fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Dochter
    are you tall enough to see over the gurnies?

he will be the master blaster of the ER. (remember Beyond Thunderdome)

who runs the ER? Master Blaster Jenfucius

btw, i nominate kuroyama to be blaster

Easily Distracted by Food.

Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    1/16/2004 10:22am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why not in NYC? Why out in Long Island? Fighthouse rents space pretty cheaply...

Shogun of Long Island

Posted On:
    1/16/2004 11:33am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    uh, i live on long island and i'm lazy! if you want to set something up in NYC, be my guest!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/22/2004 3:22pm

Style: Goju Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jaychiu: You train at Fighthouse? So do I. When are you there / what class / area?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/24/2004 5:38pm

Style: taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My apologies.

This trip didnt go quite as well as planned. Im staying in the Milford Plaza. For those that havent stayed here, I dont recommend it. The rooms are matchbox sized. Even the "workout room" downstairs doesnt have enough open space for me to do my form. On top of this I've spent most of my "off" time schoozing with "marketing".

During a trip with them to dinner in Little Italy I found an MA supply shop in Mott Street in chinatown. While there I bought: "The Dao of Taijiquan". I hope its as good as I heard. I went back another day but they were closed. That trip cost me another 45 minutes trying to get a cab back.

The upside of the trip was dinner at: La Mela. Its an Italian place that was good last year and even better this year.

Anyway, I wasnt able to hook with others as I'd planned per time "on the job" (Yesterday we finished at 9pm).
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast