Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Easily Distracted by Food.

Posted On:
    9/17/2004 4:05pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Ming Loyalist
    yeah i have read some of the threads there, and there is a lot of misinformation going on. i think that a small percentage of the people on there train with sparring and can fight.

i hope some people from there do come with the right attitude.
    I've invited two posters from that forum who are from New Jersey. They sound interested but cautious. I think the Bullshido vs. Shaolin Wolf thing has them a bit wary. Hopefully they can see it as a positive way to evaluate their training and decide to attend.

The more the merrier!

Good job, by the way, Ming Loyalist in starting this back up and making it happen.

*golf clap*

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/17/2004 4:16pm

Style: Ryukyu Kempo-Toudi Jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cool Cool. What MA's do they represent?

I was debating on whether or not to bring my gi to this throwdown but since we got a BJJ stylist willing to give some lessons on gi chokes i'm down to wear it. The only gi choke that I know is the cross collar choke and a variation of it.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/17/2004 5:49pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/MMA/JKDC

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dont you think that "Bullshido VS. Shoalin" has a nice ring to it? Along with video footage.....Think of the possibilities!!!

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    9/17/2004 11:49pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Gypsy Jazz
    :( I really wish I could go to this. I'm pretty close to the city, but alas am a high school student and the prospect of my going into the city to meet a bunch of guys who only want to punch me in the head isn't going to be too appealing for my parents to hear.

Hopefully after I turn 18 (june) there will be another throwdown for NY. Have fun anyway guys.
    well as jay said, i'm sure a lot of the sparring will be light contact, but there is the issue that i think we need to all sign waivers and unless you get a parent to sign it you'd have to be 18 to participate.

i want to bring my little brother along but i don't think my dad would be down to sign the waiver.

don't worry, i'm sure we'll have another one when you are 18.

as far as the shaolin wolf people go, does anyone see the irony in the fact that they are getting all defensive about the invitation to come to the throwdown, assuming it is an attack on kung fu. i'm a kung fu guy and i'm the one organizing the damn thing!
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Easily Distracted by Food.

Posted On:
    9/22/2004 9:08pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm going to start a new thread so that everyone the dates.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/01/2004 12:44pm

Style: Kobukai Ju-Jitsu / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey all, I'm Matt from Fightauthority.com. I live in CT and not too far away from NYC. I've seen some videos and stuff, but how do these throwdowns work? Do some of you guys actually teach? Or is it just fighting? How many people normally come? I assume it's open to all, right? Is it just NHB or you guys mix it up?

Would you guys mind if I posted some throwdowns on Fightauthority.com?

Posted On:
    10/01/2004 1:49pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/01/2004 1:59pm

Style: Kobukai Ju-Jitsu / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cool, thanks. I'll try to come and bring some guys I train with as well.
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112