Page 11 of 12 First ... 789101112 Last
  1. #101

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    867
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by 5FingazofDeath
    Please do.
    I put it out there. I stressed it's not a challenge match thing of Bullshido vs. Shaolin Wolf and is a meeting to exchange ideas, train, learn and have fun. We'll see if any of them are interested.

    BJJ Blue Belt huh? Excellent! Maybe you can show Gi Chokes!

    You can catch plenty of trains from Grand Central that will drop you off close by. Shouldn't be a problem for you to get there from Grand Central.

    Look forward to meeting you all!

  2. #102

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    5,529
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by 5FingazofDeath
    My work just switched my schedule so I might not be able to make it, but I will do my best. And I would be coming in from grand central. Whats the best way for me to get there? Im sure that therre is a subway right there, right?

    24 years old. JKDC 7 years, BJJ 5 month blue belt.

    Im bringing gi, sticks, knives, gloves, and maybe a motorcycle helmet in case anyone wants to see the Straight Blast. :)
    You got a blue belt in five months? Is that considered an average amount of time?

  3. #103
    solves problems with violence supporting member
    Ming Loyalist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,870
    Style
    Judo, Hung Family Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by 5FingazofDeath
    My work just switched my schedule so I might not be able to make it, but I will do my best. And I would be coming in from grand central. Whats the best way for me to get there? Im sure that therre is a subway right there, right?

    24 years old. JKDC 7 years, BJJ 5 month blue belt.

    Im bringing gi, sticks, knives, gloves, and maybe a motorcycle helmet in case anyone wants to see the Straight Blast. :)
    from grand central i would take the S (shuttle) to times square and the 1 or 9 train down 2 stops to 28th st. then walk 1 block down and 1/2 block over.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

  4. #104
    solves problems with violence supporting member
    Ming Loyalist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,870
    Style
    Judo, Hung Family Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by jaychiu
    I put it out there. I stressed it's not a challenge match thing of Bullshido vs. Shaolin Wolf and is a meeting to exchange ideas, train, learn and have fun. We'll see if any of them are interested.
    thanks man, i was getting a little worried that they might take that the wrong way, and show up with a bad attitude and screw things up for us with fighthouse.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

  5. #105

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    867
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Ming Loyalist
    from grand central i would take the S (shuttle) to times square and the 1 or 9 train down 2 stops to 28th st. then walk 1 block down and 1/2 block over.
    I'd just take the 6 down to 28th and walk crosstown. Maybe 8 blocks? I hate waiting and switching trains.

  6. #106

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    867
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Ming Loyalist
    thanks man, i was getting a little worried that they might take that the wrong way, and show up with a bad attitude and screw things up for us with fighthouse.
    It did start to look that way. It would be good if some of them showed up. I don't know if you've been reading anything over there but they do have some interesting misconceptions about training and effectiveness.

  7. #107
    Gypsy Jazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    962
    Style
    Rubbing Butts?
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    :( I really wish I could go to this. I'm pretty close to the city, but alas am a high school student and the prospect of my going into the city to meet a bunch of guys who only want to punch me in the head isn't going to be too appealing for my parents to hear.

    Hopefully after I turn 18 (june) there will be another throwdown for NY. Have fun anyway guys.

  8. #108
    5FingazofDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    948
    Style
    BJJ/MMA/JKDC
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by blankslate
    You got a blue belt in five months? Is that considered an average amount of time?
    I knew the way I worded that would cause confusion. I meant that I HAD my blue for 5 months.

    And I would be happy to show some gi chokes.

  9. #109
    solves problems with violence supporting member
    Ming Loyalist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,870
    Style
    Judo, Hung Family Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by jaychiu
    It did start to look that way. It would be good if some of them showed up. I don't know if you've been reading anything over there but they do have some interesting misconceptions about training and effectiveness.
    yeah i have read some of the threads there, and there is a lot of misinformation going on. i think that a small percentage of the people on there train with sparring and can fight.

    i hope some people from there do come with the right attitude.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

  10. #110

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    867
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Gypsy Jazz
    :( I really wish I could go to this. I'm pretty close to the city, but alas am a high school student and the prospect of my going into the city to meet a bunch of guys who only want to punch me in the head isn't going to be too appealing for my parents to hear.

    Hopefully after I turn 18 (june) there will be another throwdown for NY. Have fun anyway guys.
    Your looking at it the wrong way! Free Gi choke lessons from a Renzo Gracie BJJ Blue Belt! That's some good stuff there!

    And we won't just aim for you head...there's also your legs, midsection, chest...(j/k)

    The level of sparring is going to be determined by the participants. Some, like me, only want light sparring. LIGHT. You guys hear that? LIGHT. :D

Page 11 of 12 First ... 789101112 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO